What's your job Sup Forums?

What's your job Sup Forums?

Just finished high school here (im 18 tho lol), Im gonna study to be a doctor in the UK then move to the US and get citizenship. Well that's the plan anyway, whether it works out I don't know haha.

Glorious people's Hospital in Hong Kong not paying enough, Ming?

I'm a Brit but since I've lived here my whole life it's getting boring.

So less to do with salary and more to do with a change of scenery more than anything and the lifestyle in the States, particularly SoCal, is right up my alley.

I cuck people's dads.
BTW is yours gonna be paying cash or money order?

If you show me your boipucci, I can get you citizenship.

I just graduated and am still applying for jobs.

Full time pharmacy student, part time pharmacy intern, and part time student researcher.

I live a busy and dull life, but it'll be worth it once I have finished with school.

I hand negroes there welfare check

Tell us some stories

must be quite a fascinating job.
> to be a doctor in the UK then move to the US and get citizenship

why not stay in your country ?

I'm a Brit m8, but fuck staying in that grey, depressive shithole. As soon as I finish my 5 years i'm out.

I data analyst at a bitcoin company.

I work from home and salary is that which I'd be paid if I lived in SF.

.net software dev. BT. Lame but pays well.

>is that which I'd be paid if I lived in SF
So they pay you with illegal aliens and AIDS?

San francisco doesnt pay devs anymore than here in Dallas. Im at $125k

Auto insurance. Pretty boring but at least useful knowledge to have.

My cost of living is lower than yours. And the demographic of my city is whiter than yours.

I'm a vet and am a "bodyguard" (glorified limo driver) for a rich tech executive and his family

How hard is it to make a claim against the city if a boot damaged my ride? Like I feel like it'd be hard to prove

Don't do it. I've worked here for ages and just waiting to see what May does before I come home.

Computer Science student, I've never been able to get a job. I've never been able to get interviews, even for minimum wage jobs.

Anticipating being a teacher in August.

Please tell me Sup Forums, I'm a typical millenial that easily quits jobs that I don't like. I've taught before and didn't really like it and don't want to go through the stupid unnecessary certification process, but it's literally all I can get. How do you guys work the same job for years? I truly envy people who can do that.

Even fast food?

>$10/hr starting
>part-time work because pharmacies are buying each other out left and rigt

Government consultant. I enjoy it sometimes, I largely control my own schedule which makes it not stressful at all. Would make more doing something with heavier hours and in the private sector but I have better work/life balance than all my peers which I value more.

Teach For America?

Comp. Engineering student and SW Engineering intern part time during school year

Why? Hong Kong is cool and all but I love SoCal.

Software developer, C++

Just finished my degree and will start working in September,

Aerospace engineer, experimental aircraft

It's not as exciting as you'd think

Why the fuck are you going to be a teacher then?

Why can't you keep a job? That's the real question.

Drive a garbage truck around all day and....pick up garbage.

No. City I live in has multiple ways to get certified but they're all ridiculous. I started on a cert process in 2013 in a different city but fell ill and had to leave school. Couldn't get myself back in a proper situation to return. But I tell you it was so fucking stupid, way too many classes, and none of it helped once I started in the classroom. Cert process should be half a year of field experience only with professional development sessions a couple Saturdays a month or so since there just HAS to be something over the top involved. Those things actually help.

I teach Engineering to high schoolers and I love my job, even though the pay isn't great.

If you aren't willing to stick out a job that makes you feel like hell for days, there is no way you will stick out teaching, because the first year of anyone's teaching career is always PURE HELL, and whether or not you can learn from that hell year or it burns you out is the deciding factor in whether or not you will make it past the 5 year mark.

are you white?

PFFFT

I literally got certified to teach with a 3 week powerpoint reading program.

No teacher certification program prepares you for the realities of pedagogy.

My buddy just got discharged and is doing Teach For America in like Baltimore I think. Some really shitty charter school.

I wish I could teach, you actually have the ability to shape todays youth. But my mom was a teacher and all she told me was horror stories

Business owner. 4 years in. Low-voltage electrical. Security and fire alarm. Decent money.

Everyone loves Socal until they get trapped here. It's super expensive, competitive and non-white. Generally thr whites here are extremely liberal. The women are gold diggers and the men are effeminate.

Don't live here unless you are rich enough that you don't have to work.

Visiting is nice, but living here is awful.

t. UCLA student.

Schools here hire anyone and pay 40k+. Hard to beat.

>Why can't you keep a job?
It was never that hard to get another one but last year's job search was hell - it's like jobs just stop existing all of a sudden.

I stuck out one year at an urban high school, and honestly, I could get over whatever bullshit the students did easily, but the principal was a huge bitch. School I'm interviewing at next week is K-3 though, and I'm confident the principal can't be any worse.

That's what the fuck I'm saying. These programs are so stupid. Almost all of my colleagues took 3+ years to complete them.

It's important to keep your morale up and always have goals that's for sure. In my case it doesn't matter though, I literally cannot quit the next job I get.

my job is to find a job. 28 year old here with no plan. god dammit.

To be fair, it might not have been the principal's fault.

First school I worked at? Was failing state and federal accountability measures and so administrators had to be nazis because we had to meet certain benchmarks or the state would literally fire every single teacher and administrator and place in their own hand-picked staff.

I got out and started teaching at a cowtown high school ASAP, where things were more laid back and intimate.

Stick it out and try your hardest, man.

I didn't get a good job until I was 28.

Shit that's a good idea. And here, the more rural the school the more they pay. Not significantly so but still.

how do you survive?

not giving up. just wish i had a passion for a career. hard to feel out what seems to be the right choice.

got some money saved up from previous work. quickly running out tho.

Have a Masters of Architecture. Can't call myself an architect for another few years and few tests though.

Depending on the area, it might mean more challenging students.

I'm hispanic, so I absolutely do not mind teaching an 70% hispanic student body.

But some people get wierd about that.

It's okay to get a job doing something you don't really love.

For many people, getting good at something MAKES them take pride in their job and fosters a sense of love for their job.

Following your dreams is a meme, man.

word. i'm pretty flexible and open to a lot of things, i'm just not sure what the good fields are these days. ultimately it'd be nice to be outside and switch things up from time to time.

i actually like dealing with people too but i fucking hate trying to sell.

21, never had a job. I'm so fucked.

It's never too late to start, man.

Best of luck to you taking your life into your own hands.

I'm curious, how does that even happen?

Didn't you need/want money while in HS? Did you have an allowance or something? What if you want sometime kind of expensive? Did your parents buy it no questions asked?

Genuinely curious how this works.

What's his family going to do? Disown him?

Most western families will at least give their kids a bit of pocket cash if they can afford it.

Unemployed college grad here.

Bachelor's just came in the mail. Not sure if I want to go to grad school and delay real life more or earn a steady income stream.

Either way I have no skills and didn't network so I'm fucked. Seriously considering becoming a hermit and fucking off into the woods.

same, searching for the best parks to start my hobo life

You can always work a bit then go back to grad school when you feel you're ready.

If you didn't do any networking, then I recommend you try and get your foot in the door for ANY opportunity you can grab. Once you've got a little bit of cash to toss around, you'll be able to make more clear-headed decisions about your future.

I'm going to become an English Teacher I'm not that smart and pretty useless wish I could become something meaningful like an engineer or a doctor but I can't.

>Most western families will at least give their kids a bit of pocket cash if they can afford it.

I get that. Growing up my parents would toss me the odd $20. They paid my car insurance but I was responsible for gas. If I wanted to get a new snowboard I had to get it myself. Early in HS I wanted a DSLR so I mowed lawns all summer and bought one because asking my parents for $1000 would have been ridiculous. I did a few roadtrips with friends and would not have been able to go had I not come up with the funds myself.

I'm just curious if user's parents gave him enough money to cover these luxuries and desires, or if he never actually wanted/dealt with those things in the first place.

Teaching English as a second language or teaching English in High School/University?

The difference between the two is night and day. One means teaching basic shit and the other Chaucer and Shakespeare.

You know what? I've thought of just that.

But my grades were mediocre and I've no idea if any place would accept me. Sub-par GPA. I liked the school environment, even thought of becoming a prof, but I more or less just coasted.

I was such an immature clueless fuck and I regret it now. But oh well, there's nothing I can do about that. Live and learn.

Teaching is important, man.

Most of the boys I see in my classes come from poor backgrounds, and have no idea what lies in store for them in the future, because they've never seen an educated man with a salaried job.

Many of them don't even have fathers.

I'm not old enough to be their fathers. But it's still important to be a role model and to let boys know that adult life isn't a death sentence, it isn't boring drudgery, and that the world is theirs for the taking, if they have the motivation to set goals and work hard.

I just want to teach High School students.

What state do you live in, and what's your degree?

Most states are always looking for teachers, man.

It's not great work, but it's work.

I just think it's important now more than ever to pay attention to where the economy is going. Your universal, useful-anywhere-in-the-US fields are healthcare and education. Anything less "public" than that is going to be service based and you'll want to base your education around that. Business, accounting/finance, insurance...just going by what I see on indeed in my city, there's little to no other jobs outside of those fields. Maybe a few manual labor jobs.

18 year olds say "lol"
???

When you put it like that being a Teacher can honestly be one of the most important jobs in the world since you're molding the future generation.

my gpa is too shit

was depressed autist 9-10th, giraffe with manboobs very insecure and paranoid of people

skipped alot of school. diagnosed klinefelt and bipolar in 11th JUST

i had a 4.0 11th and onward but 9 and 10 fucked me over

It is, man.

Do you know how rare it is for male teachers to not be coaches?

Do you know how many nerdy boys were really amazed that I was a lame-ass nerd like them?

It's important for boys to know what they can become.

East coast, did English.

>inb4 well there's ur problem

Wanted to become a professor, could never do the STEM thing. Option B is to try writing online despite it being full of leftist crap.

>most states are looking for teachers
except not. the boomers refuse to retire and their insane salaries are making it impossible to hire new ones. a new teacher costs 1/3 the cost of a teacher with 20 years experience, and that's why class sizes are nearing 40

This user here I actually taught high school English. I loved being able to re-visit all of my favorite works from high school and share my love of it with the students. You're going to get a lot of heat because English is a core subject. It was hard af to get most of them to care, but hey it was my first year and it takes practice.

>living in a state that allows classes to go over 24

Sucks not to live in Texas.

Electrical Engineer
$75k/year

IM 11

You're not gonna start out at Welmington Academy, get over it.

I'm 20 and worked at target while in high school and a bit in Uni.

Currently unemployed but a full time student majoring in chemical engineering.

I'm a federally lisenced pharmacy technician, but getting a job as a one if pretty tough. I never applied anywhere but I have friends who work on cal and have to drive 50 miles to work at some shitty cvs pharmacy when ever they need help.

I teacher English to Africans

I'm a PhD student in a plant breeding & genetics program.

NEET, but I'm entering seminary soon to become a Catholic priest. That way, I can continue the NEET life.

Professional NEET. It's a bretty good job. Lots of vacation time.

I've always wanted to be a fighter pilot but I'm in med school now.

and no matter how many dicks you suck, things aren't gonna get better for you.

schools are rotten to the core. most districts make most of their money from classifying more kids as special needs. literally half of my district is classified as special needs of some sort. they're not disabled, they're just mexican. but if they relable the mexicans as ESL or mentally retarded, they get more money, an extra 30k per head to be precise. where does all of it go? not to hiring or instruction, that's for sure.

no one xpects to be a rockstar from day one. but the fact of the matter is there's NO HOPE with the current situation. many administrators clock 120 days PER YEAR at work and still don't get fired, and collect 100k+ salaries. they didn't "work teir way" to the top. it's all fucking corrupt.

I'm a lawyer

Gtfo monsanto

I work for United States Steel

Studying automation, but atm working in manual labor. I've gotten to plenty interviews, but it really seems like either the HR department is really incompetent and cannot realize that if I can code C++ for robots, I can code a shitload of stuff OR people with graying hair that do not realize how hard it is to get work experience.

Once I get my degree, I hope I'll be able to get some sort of internship.

I really realize why my grandpa always said "management is not a real job"

Welfare check? That's not how it works. They get a bridge card(MI). It's electronic

All extensively bureaucratic systems are corrupt sadly. Shit, one of my fellow teachers got arrested during the school year for pocketing thousands of dollars from another school district she worked at previously. So in case you were just speculating, it's a fact.

I own a small hot rod and customs auto shop with my best friend. We also have 3 full time workers with us.

I specialize in metal fabrication and auto body but do a bit of everything.

Sup PAbro.

Professional chef. Pay isn't that great, but I genuinely love what I do.

Unemployed, joining the Navy, probably gonna be a welder or tradesman after I'm out, if I save up enough money I'll try going for the dream meme job and get into showbiz, director or producer. Wish me luck.

your grandpa was a smart man

my grandfather used to go on rants about shooting everyone in congress. when he said it it was wise. when I say that kind of shit, my boomer family says I'm unhinged. the preceding gneeration is quite possibly the stupidest in history

bureaucracies still respond to incentive structures. the problem with our bureaucracy is that the incentive structure rewards weakness. criminals get money, retards get mney, and the people who give the money to retards and criminals get money.

thats infinitely more dysfunctional than a system that rewards success if imperfectly.

in a system where people who should have been aborded get 6-7x the funding per pupil, ther IS NO good outcome. categorically impossible.

any retard that tells you to just work harder is a shill. there's no place in a bureaucracy for someone that doesn't worship retards and niggers

I'm 20 and I tutor dummies at my college who failed calculus because my parents forced me to get a job even though I was smart enough to get an academic scholarship that covers basically everything except for books.

I'm white by the way before you start pointing fingers.

I work for the Department of Transportation in my state, got the job because I got a CDL for free through a training program, job is easy as fuck. I have a small house in the middle of nowhere. Can't complain.

No, MIbro. I've worked in PA.

Chase your dreams

Best part: My grandpa was a manager at a hospital. When someone mentions this, he's the one that's quickest to remind how he feels about the subject.

Last year I graduated universitety as history teacher. Too bad I can't find a job like that, so I am security guard/bouncer atm

I work at a local news station in a city. Some days it's the easiest job in the world, on other days its incredibly stressful as things can domino effect out of control during live broadcasts. I just like it because its a behind the scenes job. Fuck dealing with customers.