Billy’s Autism Brings Realism To Power Rangers

The yellow ranger is gay and the blue ranger is AUTISTIC. I'm not joking.

screenrant.com/power-rangers-movie-blue-ranger-billy-actor-autism/

>It appears that issues of sexuality and gender won’t be the only real-world topics covered in Power Rangers, however. In an exclusive interview with Screen Rant, Blue Ranger actor RJ Cyler speaks about his character Billy – a Ranger on the Autistic Spectrum. Cyler claims:

>“I just wanted to show a different, like, viewpoint of people that are seen as being on the spectrum, right? Or people diagnosed with Autism, ’cause it’s like I feel like us being outsiders looking in and I take that, I cast my own stone when I say that, ’cause there’s a lot that I didn’t know before…

>I actually sat down and shut my mouth and actually just listened and you know, accepted every bit of information with no judgement… I knew that it was my job to show, you know, that people that are on the spectrum are just regular people, literally, just how we talk, how me and Becky [Becky G, Yellow Ranger] talk, they feel the same way, they have the same emotions, they wanna be loved, that want people to love, they want relationships they want, you know, connections, and it’s just like I was really excited to be able to play that ’cause I know it means so much to so many people, ’cause all of us are affected by it… and it’s something I feel like we needed to have in this movie to be honest.”

Other urls found in this thread:

furiousfanboys.com/2016/06/power-rangers-teaser-poster-stock-photo-shutterstock/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Fuck. this. shit.
Hollywood is directly attacking black guys, like that Moonlight film saying we're all homos, now they attack Black Excellence by saying we're autistic slow-in-the-minds
fuck off allright

WE

WUZ

AUTISTS

Honestly, any kind of characterization brings realism to the Power Rangers.

doesn't this mean you're an alt right pussy too since you're posting on Sup Forums (and have been for almost 9 hours[yes i can see] now)

Good luck assembling the megazord when billy wont stop organizing all the rocks on the ground in descending order of size

>implying I'm crying
I'm fucking laughing, an autistic power ranger is some of the funniest shit I've read about all day. Fuck off, faggot.

Now I won't even pirate it.

>I'm black
>what?
>I am
>no you're not

Ohhhhhhhhhhh

topkek

Oh shit

kek

Better autistic than gay

why is some latinx playing my yellow rangert?

KWAN? HER LAST NAME IS GOMEZ GET FUCKED>

Is this the dawn of autismkino? Will Hollywood start awkwardly shoving autists into every blockbuster?

She was a Latina in the unaired plot

You know exactly why they don't have an asian as the Yellow Ranger

>shitty movie throws in a bunch of tokenism so shills can create clickbait and generate buzz

When will people stop falling for this?

if white ranger is white again i'm gonna be offended af

I see no problem with using the Power Rangers franchise as a means of tackling controversial issues that are affecting teenagers.

It's literally about five teenagers sympathizing with each other and learning to work together for some greater good. Using Power Rangers in this way just makes sense.

they should have cast you as the gay one

>Billy has autism
>Trini is queer

What next? Jason is gay? Kimberly is trans?

You're alright you are.

Jason masturbates a bull thinking he was milking a cow. He ain't exactly normal.

>fighting a putty
>spends 6 hours touching it because the texture is abnormal

Why is there no paraplegic power ranger?

>reviews start coming out proclaiming the movie's shit
>WHOA WHOA WHOA! PUMP YOUR BRAKES, GOYS. WE'VE GOT GAY AND AUTISTIC CHARACTERS

>summons the Power Lance
>spends a good 30 minutes spinning it on its own axis

>rita repulsa speaks
>screech

Train zords confirmed?

top kek

heh

>zordon appears on screen
^ ^ v v < > < > B A

WHAT?

>people that are on the spectrum are just regular people, literally, just how we talk, how me and Becky [Becky G, Yellow Ranger] talk, they feel the same way, they have the same emotions, they wanna be loved, that want people to love, they want relationships they want, you know, connections, and it’s just like I was really excited to be able to play that
So what he is saying is that playing an autist is just like playing a normal person but then why does it matter that he is an aspie?

>people that are on the spectrum are just regular people who write sonic fanfiction and don't let people touch them

kek

He'll call himself autistic on-screen and will have 1-2 "quirks".

>It was revealed that the superheroes trademark "GO, GO" comes from one of Billy's excited ticks
>"It's kinda like his catchphrase, something to get him hyped up! GO, GO POWER RANGERS!"

Jesus Christ.

See

>autism is becoming the new 'it' group for identity politics

OUR TIME HAS COME

>So what he is saying is that playing an autist is just like playing a normal person but then why does it matter that he is an aspie?

To make it seem like they're "normal"

>declares himself to be autistic for no reason
>has one or two very definable quirks
So, like autistic people?

10/10

>literally admitting that people who enjoy power rangers for what it is are autistic manchildren
This isn't just regular executive retardation. This is... ADVANCED executive retardation.

Someday people will be tired of this. Unnecessary representation that when done over and over will just make said group mad, and people who got left mad too.

Until this day I'm just going to shitpost on everything.

they actually did that in Ice Age 3

That speed line effect is so simple to make I'm surprised this is an official image. I used to use the same effect when I was a huge fag making signatures/banners for normie forums.

What exactly does this add to the story?

The people running the media determine if people get tired of it now. They program the reaction, not you. They can keep feeding the consumer that they created.

I'm not even surprised

Autism.

based

If you think this is bad look at the poster of them standing on a car

>tfw Hollywood Jews are beginning to attack niggers by portraying them all as gay or mentally disabled

Yeah it was just a stock image with their silhouettes shopped in. I guess they really didn't give a fuck early on in their marketing.

Post it.

>Implying 90s Billy wasn't autistic to begin with

will he make a transgender machine or flying car like in the series

furiousfanboys.com/2016/06/power-rangers-teaser-poster-stock-photo-shutterstock/

There are gay and autistic people in the real world too. Better stay indoors! Forever!

Way ahead of you

waow, that's lazy.

>slow-in-the-minds
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch?

>a fucking shutterstock image
BRAVO HOLLYWOOD

L O L

SONIC'S ARMS ARE BLUE

>beginning

Sonic, like the hedgehog? Sorry kid, I don't play video games.

HOLY SHIT I JUST REALIZED.
DR. AUTISM I'M CWC

The media can't create a feeling, it can only diminish or inflame it

Does that mean the visible arousal in this scene is canon

Yup.

why are we promoting autism? we should be aborting them when signs are shown and throwing the ones who get through the system off of cliffs. Fuck this timeline man.

But user, you would be aborting this entire board.

>transgender machine
What?

BRAVO

Hey at least it's not as bad as what happened in Fant4stic when the Thing said "It's Clobbering Time" because he was abused by his older brother

Who's that girl?

Wait are you serious

>implying that's bad

It'd be more realistic if they made the nigger an ex-con.

>uhh, you don't get to bring boyfriend-free girls

I'm not reading all the posts in this thread but here's my too cents:

-I am 100% with Becky being a lesbian because she a cute
-I find it hilarious that there is an autistic power ranger and even though he'll probably be portrayed mostly normally I'm definitely going to watch it now

Also, movie was always going to be shit, but I just hope the main 5 are campy and fun enough to make it somewhat enjoyable.

Christine Weston Chandler

Makes sense in a non-joking way now.

They ruined the scene for me forever.

Good point.

>screenrant

While I'm sure this movie is going to suck I'm not going to trust the same site that claimed a bunch of shows by Ishinomori were Power Rangers knock offs.

Who gives a shit? Like really, only an autist would fucking notice it and still have a problem. Looks great shut the fuck up bitches.

Autism doesn't mean you're stupid, you ape

Just saw the trailer...why must Hollywood fuck up everything so hard?

>then
>We're...THE POWER RANGERS!
>que campy 90s beep boop rock music
>Punk bad guy stooges with stereotypical fat guy and skinny guy falling
>characters look like they're in their 20s even though they're in high school
>the nerd, the jock, the preppy girl, the quirky black guy etc

Wow it's kind of cool they'll remake it with better effects and action

>BWWWWRRAAAAAAAAAAAAA
oh this isn't good...
>[unironically] IN A WORLD... an ancient evil
>annoying little shits in their mid teens
>"Dude I'm black!" "Woah I'm unironically upset by this because my character has autism for some reason."
>Latina from a broken home tells her parents she's involved in this as a cry for help. Parents are retarded shits about it
>[Flashes through scenes of cars smashing and characters fighting] BOOOM BOOOM BOOOM WHOOOOOOOOOO
>"character quips" "other character audibly confused"
>title fade in from black

This reboot era is fucking terrible and they've finally taken something I enjoyed from my childhood this time.

kikes tried to bring down white men, now they're going after the bix noods

>"Woah I'm unironically upset by this because my character has autism for some reason."
It's a reference to the original show where the black ranger was a black dude.

How is that getting offended?