KFC buys the Cincinnati Bengals

>KFC buys the Cincinnati Bengals
>biulds canal to divert water from the Ohio river around Paul Brown stadium
>it's now part of Kentucky
>re-brand to the Kentucky Buckets

You know for a fact they (Yum! foods) have enough money to do this and can use the canal to generate electricity

Other urls found in this thread:

nwis.waterdata.usgs.gov/usa/nwis/uv/?cb_00065=on&format=gif_default&site_no=03255000&period=&begin_date=2010-12-27&end_date=2018-01-03
nytimes.com/1981/10/21/us/kentucky-indiana-and-ohio-end-river-boundary-dispute.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I kinda wished this was a serious post because it would be so funny laughing at you being dumb.

A canal wouldn't change the state boundary line.

>KFC buys Cincinnati
>changes the border
There happy now?

Isn't this the plot to Chinatown?

It would take an act of Congress to change the state border line.

>game ends
>everyone in their cars
>not enough bridges over the water to the outside

>enough people to clog up a whole bridge system
>at a browns game
They could use under water tunnels too

>Implying Congress wouldnt agree cincy belongs to KY

It's the Bengals. And even though we don't have the best attendance in the league, downtown still gets fucking cluttered on game days

What's the argument that Cincy should be in Kentucky and not Ohio?

no, that was just some rich orange growers stealing water from the city

Why would they even care about borders? Just call them the Kentucky Bengals anyway. The New York teams do it

parking lot is still in ohio, just need foot bridges
>congress isnt corrupt enough to tack on some dumb shit like this to a tax bill that either passes or the nation shuts down again
KFC's money is all the argument you need

>The United States Supreme Court ruled in January 1980 that the boundary should be the low-water mark on the Ohio and Indiana shore as it was when Kentucky became a state nearly two centuries ago
So if the river did move then the boarder would shift. I'm sure a legal agreement could be arranged where Ohio and Kentucky split tax profits from the stadium and KFC pays Ohio for the land.

an auxiliary canal wouldn't be considered part of the river

>low water mark
see the one shipping boat that kept getting in the sat shot? Unless they fill the river and make the canal panamax navigable, Cincini now give up that business

>now
*would not

>Draft: 12.04 m (39.5 ft)
>Beam: 32.31 m (106 ft)
It's still possible and as long as the canal doesn't dry up at low tide then it's a part of the Ohio River. I'm not saying it's practical or probable, but it is definitely feasible for Yum! to do this.

nice trips
also i'd like to talk engineering feasibility of this completely fictional NFL scenario

The next challenge is flow of the river
at USGS site 03255000 which is right under the Roenbling bridge registers a gauge height change of around 20 feet
google says the flow rate for the whole river is 262,700 ft^3/s which is a shit ton

emailing USGS now with this stupid bullshit

rivers change but borders don't

see it changes with the river

how deep is the channel at cincinnati

>shit colored water

nwis.waterdata.usgs.gov/usa/nwis/uv/?cb_00065=on&format=gif_default&site_no=03255000&period=&begin_date=2010-12-27&end_date=2018-01-03

25-50 ft gauge height depending on the season

>New York Giants/Jets
>play in New Jersey

Why even bother with the whole canal thing when they could change nothing except the name since that dosn't matter anyways.

>ohio river starts at Pittsburgh

see everyone complains about that though. also this is more of a marketing scheme than an NFL legality problem

>google "low water mark"
>one picture is the bridge in the northwest corner of OP
spooky

As there is no comma between "shore" and "as", I presume this means that the boundary was fixed in the late 1700's and no amount of river moving will change it. If there was a comma, then the border would move with the river, yes.

Two things, it was from this old NYT article and their writing guidebook may have discouraged relative restrictive clauses or its editing oversight. Since the article is so old and vague it's not super helpful but a starting point.
nytimes.com/1981/10/21/us/kentucky-indiana-and-ohio-end-river-boundary-dispute.html
Secondly, there would be a legal battle over the issue either way. I know some states trade off upkeep of bridges across rivers so Ohio and Kentucky may have a similar agreement with islands or islands are individually claimed. It depends if the water diversion creates an island around the stadium or if the redirection connects it to the Kentucky mainland.

probably island. i know for a fact that making a peninsula and redirecting the whole damn thing would cost more than just disassembling and reassembling it across the river.

I agree about disputes between states. PA and NJ split their border down the middle of the Delaware river, but below that Delaware gets the entire river (and bay) right to the Jersey shore, and there are endless squabbles about law enforcement on temporary islands just offshore in the river and bay, mainly related to unlawful activities such as underage drinking and pot smoking.

Then OP can request they build a most around it or something. That's much simpler.