YOUTUBE "RESTRICTED MODE" COMPLAINTS BY CHANNEL OWNERS

>YouTube Filtering Draws Ire of Gay and Transgender Creators
archive.is/lOhpY

>Highlights

YouTube on Monday admitted that its family-friendly “restricted mode” had wrongly labeled some videos on its site, apologizing and promising to fix the error, after users complained that the video-hosting site was filtering some videos about lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender issues.

YouTube described restricted mode as “an optional feature used by a very small subset of users who want to have a more limited YouTube experience.”

“YouTube has always been a place where you can find someone just like you,” Gigi Lazzarato, a transgender YouTube star better known as Gigi Gorgeous, said in a video encouraging the company to address the issue.

Ms. Lazzarato, who stars in a YouTube-produced documentary about her transition and who posted the video before YouTube issued its Twitter statement, noted that many of the videos in which she discusses her transition are blocked under restricted mode. Such content can be educational for children struggling with their own gender identity, she said.

“That video might be the ultimate tipping point for them, in their transition,” she said.

Other urls found in this thread:

onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1365-2265.2009.03625.x/abstract
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1743-6109.2011.02564.x/full
autogynephiliatruth.files.wordpress.com/2015/07/marantz-1991.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Isn't that the guy that came out as gay, then a tranny, then a lesbian?

>trannies don't have a mental disorder, liberals said

>gays aren't crazy they said

Transexualism isn't a mental disorder. Trannies can get mental disorders, mostly from things like bullying, repression, and loneliness.

>

I see a lot of people claiming censorship now when they were previously quoting the old line of they're a private company so it's not censorship when it was their enemies getting shut down.

>seriously posting xkcd as an argument

>lgbtqwtf complain about shit

BREAKING NEWS ALERT

stop making sense.

>The American Psychiatric Association permits a diagnosis of gender dysphoria if the criteria in the DSM-5, are met. The DSM-5 moved this diagnosis out of the sexual disorders category and into a category of its own.[23] The DSM-5 states that at least two of the criteria for gender dysphoria must be experienced for at least six months' duration in adolescents or adults for diagnosis.[24] The diagnosis was renamed from "Gender Identity Disorder" to "Gender Dysphoria", after criticisms that the former term was stigmatizing.[25]

>The diagnosis was renamed from "Gender Identity Disorder" to "Gender Dysphoria", after criticisms that the former term was stigmatizing.

Walks like a duck, talks like a duck.

Good point.

You're talking about gender dysphoria, a symptom of transgenderism. Gender dysphoria is the feeling that your body doesn't belong to you and doesn't match your gender. Cross sex hormone treatment takes away the dysphoria and helps the transgender person accept their body.

To simulate the feelings of dysphoria, you can take estrogen pills if you're a boy or estrogen blockers and testosterone if you're a girl. You'll start feeling nauseous, depressed, alienated by your own body.

>To simulate the feelings of dysphoria, you can take estrogen pills if you're a boy or estrogen blockers and testosterone if you're a girl. You'll start feeling nauseous, depressed, alienated by your own body.

you need to learn what a "disorder" is then kiddo

I'm saying if you're not trans and you wanted to know what dysphoria feels like, you can do this to understand it and why for trans people, whose bodies produce hormones their brains don't accept, would experience dysphoria and are given cross sex hormone treatment to combat it.

Different people are offended by their kids watching different things. Europe is okay more with nudity and sex, iffy on violence. US is more okay with violence and gets all up in arms about nudity and sex.

Some people think even having gay or trans people is not appropriate for kids.

YouTube should just have check boxes for what whiny people are offended by and cater restricting things for parents by the things they find offensive.

It's 2017. This is an internet site, one of the biggest video sharers in the world. You can't tell me they can't tailor these things. They making recommendations and shit tailored to people. They can trim out content people find offensive more than just some "adults only" label like Tipper fucking Gore did to the music industry in the 90s.

>transgender YouTube star
Fuck this gay Earth.

How does someone who is such a smug pseud not realize the difference between the first amendment, a legal constitutional decree, and freedom of speech, a principal or idea?

Wtf, I love chick's with dicks now.

Hahah!
It's very funny, actually, or something along those lines, honestly.
That's all for now.
Peace out.

thats a good ass movie

i fucking love that de palma era

>implying psycology is a fucking science
Modern "psychiatrists" and "psychologists" both admit that the father of their "science", Freud, was wrong on every account and that they had to revolutionize that field at least 3 times since its birth.

We can still use the Pythagorean theorem in Geometry and you can still apply some of Newton's laws to physics, yet a field born basically yesterday has no set rules and has experiments that CAN'T BE REPRODUCED AT WILL.
Sounds like a pseudo-science to me.

get out jew

Your tears are delicious.

That reminds me. They should do a remake of Sleepaway Camp. If anything just to get tendies from all the butthurt it would cause.

I'd say that dorky little cartoon did a pretty good job of explaining it, faggot.

>now

I think he realizes the difference, but I don't think he believes in the principle of the idea and gains nothing by noting it.

I find the overhead text amusing
>I can't remember where I heard this, but someone once said that defending a position by citing free speech is sort of the ultimate concession; you're saying the most compelling thing you can say for your position is that it's not literally illegal to express
Just like when people defend a private company silencing people on a forum for dissenting opinions, or companies firing them, by pointing to how it isn't illegal is kind of the ultimate concession.

>
> parents can not be allowed to raise their own children!
> toddlers must be made to watch videos by mentally deranged trannies!

get bent faggots, I'm tired of getting fudgepacker propaganda fed to children.

Garrison?

>yfw the Day of the Rope is literally going to happen sometime in the next few decades

>Trannies can get mental disorders
yeah, beginning with the gender identity disorder one

Let me direct you to

>“That video might be the ultimate tipping point for them, in their transition,” she said.

>>for children

how is that not illegal

>Transexualism isn't a mental disorder

Oh yeah, it's perfectly normal to be born with a dick and balls and think like you should have a vagina.

then why doesn't the "treatment" improve the suicide rate?

> parents can not be allowed to raise their own children!

Except they never said that. They're saying it's not the type of content that should be in restricted mode. It's not violent, profane, or prurient.

it just leads children to believe that women sometimes have penises too. Pretty healthy.

every mentally ill fuckwit can talk directly to children now thanks to youtube.

the newer youtube/vlogger generation is going to grow up to be dyed haired cancer x100.

Nobody is saying it's normal. It's a super rare condition that affects 0.3% of the population. What the APA is saying transgenderism is not a fake condition made up by emotionally troubled people. It's real concrete thing that occurs due to some biological mechanism that causes the brain's gender to mismatch from the body. They have studied this for more than 60 years now, looking at brain scans, blood work, identical twins, intersex children (those born with ambiguous or malformed genitals that can be both penis and vagina), and case studies with gender confused people.

But it does.

Sometimes, as in 0.3% of the time. Do you think straight kids see gay people on Youtube and grow up to be gay?

Thats subjective
If parets want to restrict that shit they should be able to

>Do you think straight kids see gay people on Youtube and grow up to be gay?
Yeah, as kids me and my bro had this friend, he would touch me on the thigh sometimes while we played pokemon, I pushed his hand away, but I think it was too late, and he made my bro gay.

I remember seeing the trailer for this dude's movie before John Wick 2, everybody in the theater was confused as fuck.

There are ways to do that without Youtube's official restricted mode. Parents have incredible control and ways to monitor what their kids do on the computer.

children imitate what they see, of course some will go gay if that's they grow up seeing

Or the few that do were already gay in the first place.
Do you think people can choose their own sexual orientation? Do you remember choosing to be straight because you saw bunch of straight people kiss?

>videos about sexuality are family friendy

depends on the person but yes, the environment during childhood development is a factor I don't know why you'd think otherwise

>They're saying it's not the type of content that should be in restricted mode.

And since I'm the parent, I get to decide what is and is not restricted, not you or some mentally deranged tranny on YouTube.

But Youtube gets to decide if LGBT stuff is in restricted mode. I guess you can email them to say it should be. But if it's not, you can restrict it yourself.

>But it does.
[Citation Needed]

But kids who grow up with two moms or two dads don't become gay. 98% of them are straight, the rest are gay, following the population averages, meaning the environment has no effect on sexual orientation. Otherwise, kids with gay parents should be on average more gay than the population.

The only theory that makes sense is it being a mental disorder.

nah, the social environment is more than just your parents. the internet affects children, television does, books they read, who their friends are; etc.

onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1365-2265.2009.03625.x/abstract
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1743-6109.2011.02564.x/full

>But Youtube gets to decide if LGBT stuff is in restricted mode.

Sure, and YouTube can decide to lose all the normie parents who don't want their kids exposed to gay propaganda

And YouTube can decide to lose all the advertisers, to want those normie parents to buy their products.

Right, but constant interaction with your parents is one of the strongest influence in a kid's childhood and development. Kids may see gay people once in a while in real life, TV shows, or books, but if they have gay parents, they'll see homosexuality every day. Yet this doesn't make the kid go "I want to be gay" by the time they reach puberty.

I mean, if that happens, I guess that's Youtube's loss. Btw, don't lot of companies have LGBT ad campaigns now?

>a transgender YouTube star better known as Gigi Gorgeous

>Do you think straight kids see gay people on Youtube and grow up to be gay?
no, that's not the argument. They could grow up to think transfaggots are normal, which is false and counterproductive

>Sometimes, as in 0.3% of the time
but that's false

also, it's false that mutilating a man's penis improves their chances of not killing themselves when they find out that they're so disturbed they've permanently damaged themselves in order to avoid confronting their illness

>two moms or two dads
there's no such thing

Thank you

it's hilarious that this fails to be noticed as strange by so many otherwise intelligent people

>meta studies
no thank you

If by normal, you mean a naturally occurring condition that consistently affects ~0.3% of the population across gender, race, and culture, then sure, people will think transgenderism is normal like getting a hip replacement surgery, while rare, is a normal thing that happens.

If by normal, you mean healthy and acceptable state of being, then I think you got the wrong idea of what trans acceptance means. Nobody is saying it's healthy or fun to be transgender. They're saying they've been afflicted with a shitty condition due to a bad dice roll of some biological mechanisms regarding their genes or development in the womb, but they're not crazy or less than a human being because of it.

For the point about how treatment doesn't work in reducing suicide rate, refer to

>Nobody is saying it's healthy or fun to be transgender

yeah right

>but they're not crazy or less than a human being because of it.
I'm not saying they're less than human, I AM saying that they're crazy. What you described previously are pretty much congenital or genetic defects, what I'm saying is that it's a mental illness.

>then a lesbian?
kek literally waifuing then. like playing vidya as a girl and making your avatar beautiful af.

I mean, I can see how you got that message because of extremely vocal crazy feminists on Twitter and Tumblr. I didn't understand transgenderism either because they kept saying gender was a social concept until slowly over the last two years, as I read more real studies and credible articles about it, what transgenderism really is. It's hard to separate the noise from the truth.

>they're not crazy or less than a human being because of it.
No, there are literally people saying "having a penis doesn't make me any less of a woman. If the argument was "trans people have a right to not be murdered" this would probably not be as contentious an issue.

right cus google is actually an ebin right wing anti sjw company that's just kicking out all the lgbt people, looks like Sup Forums wins this one!!!

Gays can adopt or get surrogate mothers or sperm donations from sperm banks.

How is this allowed?

fuck I hate Randall

KEK

Meta studies are looking at bunch of separately published studies about the same topic and trying to see if there's any conclusions they can make from it via compare and contrast. The meta study I linked is basically 23 studies condensed into one study.

What are they going to do? Stop using youtube? It is how they make their living.

yeah, to make a comune. Children are not pets.

>Children are not pets
They are mini worker pets if taught properly.

I know what a meta study is. They're all pseudo science masked in statistical regressions. They have all of the methodological defficiencies of each study compounded into one but none of their virtues.

>Btw, don't lot of companies have LGBT ad campaigns now?

Sure, for now. Though there is no denying that society is swinging the other way, as many people (not just Americans) have had enough with the deviant behavior and are tired of it being shoved in their face all the time.

Faggots getting btfo left and right

Doctors and scientists are still trying to narrow down the reason why transgenderism happens, but it is something biological. A study of identical twins found that if one of the twin is trans, the other twin has 33% chance of being trans too.

>having a penis doesn't make me any less of a woman
I guess what that's applying to are MtF (male to female) trannies. Not all trannies choose to do sex reassingment surgeries, mainly because the technique is yet to be perfected and is very costly. So due to some biological reason, their brain's gender and the body's genitals are mismatched, but they're still women.

I guess an analogue for non-trans people would be if you're a guy and you lost your penis, you'd still be a guy.

>the state of white """people"""

let's hope those are reproducible studies. i really suspect that there are a lot of psychiatrists and MD's with predetermined agendas that shove these things through though.

>but they're not crazy or less than a human being because of it.

No, there is very much is a mental aspect to homosexuality, let alone the transgenderfluid otherkin sapiosexuals types.

the white race, everyone!

>but it is something biological
I'm old enough to remember when the popular consensus was that it was normal because "it's just their preference"

I would agree to the biological conclusion, particularly when it comes to exposure to prenatal testosterone, but that doesn't explain why so many fags have histories of child abuse. When it comes to trans maybe that comes into some kind of weird territory of whether it's a further sympthom or just attention seeking

>soon I'll be able to filter out non-whites

>white
>master race

Clever ((girl))

If I cared what faggots thought, I'd read your blog.

>I'm old enough to remember when the popular consensus was that it was normal because "it's just their preference"

Maybe this was in regards to cross-dressing, which isn't transgenderism. I don't remember this though.

>so many fags have histories of child abuse
If I had to guess, it's because the parents don't like that their children are acting faggy or dikey. Which is no reason to beat up a child though.

the internet was a mistake

>Doctors and scientists are still trying to narrow down the reason why transgenderism happens, but it is something biological

"Over half the mothers of sons with GID met the criteria either for the clinical diagnosis of borderline personality disorder or had symptoms of depression. In contrast, no women among the controls had a borderline personality disorder , and only one had symptoms of depression

autogynephiliatruth.files.wordpress.com/2015/07/marantz-1991.pdf

What did they mean by this?

I was actually referring to sexual child abuse, I'm saying molestation can be the reason why normal kids become fags by no fault or desire of their own