THE EXPANSE

Do you guys like Holden as the main character?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iy52SEsjr7I
youtube.com/watch?v=Q_fhxDZyTgk
youtube.com/watch?v=CdxOeBCctP0
twitter.com/JamesSACorey/status/840363464199626752
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

fuck holden mate falcon or fuck off

I like him better after he had to finally get his hands dirty by his own volition.

Yeah, he works for me. He's an insufferable moralfag with a broad naive streak, but in a compromised world full of rabid Belter radicals, shifty heartless corporations, the sluggish self-interested Earther behemoth and the fucking weirdo Spartan MCR, that kind of idealism is going to appeal greatly to certain people. It's no surprise he was able to attract followers and even his foes see him as someone that needs to be manipulated, rather than corrupted, because it wouldn't work.

miller was better

I want to taste his nipples

this desu senpai

>This show was getting constant threads when Miller was still alive

>dead thread, dead show

>It's no surprise he was able to attract followers

Is it? He seems like a indecisive chump with no discernible leadership qualities. I can tell you that I sure as hell wouldn't follow him.

>Holden as the main character

He isn't "the" main character. There is no single main character. There are several main characters in each story arch, but no central main character.

*squinting intensifies*
>give miller shit for shooting head scientist
>3 episodes later goes to kill the last scientist himself

There's been a good number of threads.

plus he's not really dead

I like him because he's a wooden moralfag done right. This episode had the beginnings of him wanting to take the easy road and developing some self-awareness about it. I like that so many characters are just idiots, hypocrites and weirdos when you scratch the surface but not in a nihilistic "everything's morally gray" way.

user being a protomeme isn't the same thing

There are at least 9 books written or planned. You think Syfy wlll allow a show to go on that long?

Don't even bother getting invested.

Even when it was SciFi, the longest shows ever ran for was 4 seasons.

Hope you faggots enjoy reading.

It seems silly when condensed on the show but it seems the whole point was that he was becoming just like Miller, several characters even called him out on it.

So yes it was out of character for him but the idea is he's so scared of the protomolecule he does some stupid things. In the book especially they drive this home, Holden is scared shitless of that stuff.

That said he's a shitty character overall in the book and show. The other characters are better in both.

>implying they won't diverge or Netflix won't pick up the show
It's not like SyFy is the chief source of funding

He's following book Holden pretty well. Book Holden is an insufferable Lawful Good stereotype for like 3 books until it fucks him and his people over one too many times and he finally starts to transition to a Chaotic Good hardass.

I know you paste this in every thread and I do enjoy reading but there's no real reason why not. It's not their most popular show but I suspect they're keenly aware that it's a breed apart from the rest of their pretty ridiculous cosplay tier catalogue and has a real chance to elevate the entire network.

DRUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Her actor is a bit shitty with forcing the accent and grunting all her lines but that scene was so fucking good

:|

I hope you homosexuals enjoy publications

>implying I'll read a book

If the show ends I'm heading straight to Wikipedia

JUST

i dont like how he speaks and he looks like the twin brother of jon snow

Holden is a gay fuccboy

I'd rather watch Fred sell dope all day

I think the character is a good vector for making ethical quandries more obvious. I don't like the character though. Also, in the books people followed him because his decisions were supposed to be right, or pure, or honourable or something. Or at least they felt he had less of a bias than themselves due to patriotism or selfishness or whataver. In the show though everyone argues with him, not sure why he is charge desu.

I lol'd when Holden said "the game's changed" to Fred, no way it wasn't intentional

We need to talk

i knew this shit would happen

>finally get sci fi thats actually in space
>nobody watches it
>shit gets cancelled
>go back to hoping for sci fi that takes place in space

fuck this gay earth

TV views are irrelevant, it gets the majority of its viewership through Netflix.

Literally every actor in the expanse is pretty fucking shitty. Maybe the brute plays his part well, but his character is way too easy to portray to give him any merrit for it.

I'm telling you, there is not a single good actor on that show and 95% of them are below average.

last 2 episodes were objectively boring

This show doesn't have a single good or interesting character, maybe that qt head of security on the mormon ship but that's not because she is charismatic

>objectively

It's made in Canada, so it's virtually subsidized as cultural investment. That's why these shows always get cancelled after three or four years, the subsidies expire.
On the plus side, maybe we get more seasons because it's free. Hope the plot picks up because it's been a snozefest since Miller left.

He's not in the second book? Fuuu...

Holden's a pussy. Protagonists often are. Why is this trope so popular?

Miller was much more interesting to follow in s1 and in s2. Sad he's gone desu

I suspect it is because the writers spread themselves too thin by trying to follow the pacing of the book by doing a space opera with lots of moving parts in such a time limited format. If you actually took the time to use your brain while watching the series though and thought about why some characters make some decisions instead of having it all spoon fed to you you might find some of them more interesting. Like chrisjen, naomi, amos.
Honestly, I think the only reason Sup Forums liked miller so much is because he had no friends and autistically obsessed over his waifu that he had never met.

Because they are more relateable. It isn't complicated desu.

Oddly enough they broke up both books to make it more moving parts. That indian lady that no one even noticed is gone doesnt even show up in book one.

The Expanse 2x09 Promo "The Weeping Somnambulist" (HD) Season 2 Episode 9 Promo
youtube.com/watch?v=iy52SEsjr7I

THE EXPANSE | Season 2, Episode 9: Sneak Peek | Syfy
youtube.com/watch?v=Q_fhxDZyTgk

The Expanse 2x09 ”The Weeping Somnambulist” Photos
youtube.com/watch?v=CdxOeBCctP0

>That said he's a shitty character overall in the book and show.
He is just sort of some average random asshole that got thrown in the middle of space illuminati shit though, I doubt any average man would do any better or worse

That Paki pilot might be the worst actor I've ever seen on a TV show.

>tfw miller
>tfw this show revived Thomas Jane's career
>he's going to have a major part in the new Preadtor 2 movie directed by Shane Black

It's a good time to be alive, bros.

she has such a punchable face

this. i love the show but holy fuck that guy makes me cringe every fucking time he talks

why

because he's a terrible actor?

why do you think that?

i dont like the way he acts. do you think differently? just something about the way he delivers his lines feels really comical, like hes trying to hard to portray a character.

The last 2 episodes were the best in the season, the prior ones were actionbabby schlock which went against everything I enjoyed about the first season.

I don't really think he's bad at the southern drawl accent thing

He took charge during the raid on the Protogen station. Only he and Alex looked comfortable in combat with the stealthship. Being an ex-naval XO of a UN ship means he does have the skillz that the Belters seriously lack. Holden's a bit of a standup idealistic prig and Steven Straight (pun detected) is playing him that way.

Not all sci-fi main protags can, or have to be, the Han Solo space pirate type. If you're wanting more of that approach you're stuck in a trope rut as much as most sci-fi is.

It's been renewed for season 3 already

twitter.com/JamesSACorey/status/840363464199626752

I agree that the way he delivers his lines it ... comical I suppose. Like he is trying to appear assertive or something. But in the book ... he was supposed to be from an area of Mars were the people who origanally settled there thought they were cowboys or some shit so they all speak and act like (movie?) cowboys. Other characters in the book commented on it negatively. So he might be doing it on purpose.

In the book, his community was made up primarily off Indians, Chinese, and Texans, and the Texan accent and drawl caught on so he speaks with an exaggerated John Wayne accent. He also lays in on thick on purpose sometimes because Bobby likes it.

this show really doesnt do it for me. the visuals are nice, but i just dont really like any of the charachters. the cop dude is alright but the rest are dull.

also anyone else feel like they are playing up the "brute" aspect of the one guy? he'll be acting completely normally and they are like "THINK WITH YOUR HEAD FOR ONE AND NOT WITH YOUR FISTS" or some shit like that.

>he was supposed to be from an area of Mars were the people who origanally settled there thought they were cowboys or some shit

lel. they should have mentiond that in the show, i sorta could see that happenings.

i want this relateable protag meme to die
I miss it when we had protagonists to idolize, not relate to

personality too. i hate this bitch

'Kay, but it isn't going to happen. Think of the classic coming of age story: young blank slate cantdonuffin get's in a tough situation, fucks up, learns some things, does better.

why the fuck would you nead promo and trailers and alike spoiler shits if you're already dedicated to the show, and you're here in this thread?
spam it on star trek threads

I fucking hate holden

loud, hypocritical moralfag

terrible acting, just shouts everything in an angry voice
like an uglier version of that wolf guy from Twilight

death to holden when

>always get cancelled after three or four years
SG1
SG Atlantis
BSG
All Canadian and over 7 seasons no?

What're ya'll dust devils talkin 'bout?

what were the view numbers back then for BSG and SG-1?

Those shows were actually good tho...

>ctr f "book"
>11 results

I don't get it. Are you scared of how much better other people are than you at reading? They are not difficult books, you should give them a go. At times they throw out a bunch of numbers to show off how well the writers researched orbital mechanics and whatnot but that is just flavour. Feel free to gloss over that.

stop shilling this trash show

kys pleb, this is the best show since a while.

What's your problem with it ?

Just was on IGN.. it has reviews for some shows... but they last wrote from the exypanse like a year ago. Why the fuck don't they write about it? I bet it would srop the drop or even get higher ratings for it as well.

no

but that's because i hate belter scum and belter apologists

EARTH FIRST

The show needs a moralfag character to balance out all the scumbags. The show would be noticeably worst without Holden.

Thing is Miller was also a moralfag, but of the more Punisher variety, if you're guilty, you're dead.

Except Holden doesn't even seem like he's a moral, decent character. He just acts like an arrogant, self-righteous asshole who people inexplicably follow. Alex is the closest character to an actual moralfag and he's entirely irrelevant to the greater plot and never gives input or makes decisions for himself.

POTTERY

not at all

he's a fucking faggot

>Show has something called the protomolecule
>That's not the true main focus of the show, but another show with retarded drama combined with humans vs. humans bullshit over and over again

As an ismic ismist I find this retarded.

I'm debating wether to watch this or not.
What am I in for? Is it Q U A L I T Y scifi?

it's a big metaphor about a future Cold War, where Mars (Russia), Earth (USA) & Belders (UE) fighting each others, while they're more or less oblivious about an alien threat (migrants) helped by a secret billionaire (the Jews).
Not enough nude & feet scenes tho.

>over and over again
it haven't even 20 episodes yet

btw.
>Dark Matter
>a dark matter only gets introduced in the midle of the second season for a half episode
though it has a bigger lore than this show

>Mars (Russia), Earth (USA) & Belders (UE)
you mean Earth (EU), Mars (Israel) & Belters (USA)

>Not enough nude & feet scenes tho.
fucking kill yourself, underage woman. It already had too much needless romantic scenes

>Belters (USA)
Space niggers are not equivalent to the USA

You're supposed to hate him, he's a retard

Bring back Lopez

How exactly?

Literally just retcon his death.

Retcon Bobbie even existing also. Lopez is now the main Martian perspective.

how? usa is full of niggers

It's like that in the books too. Amos has seen some shit and acts like you would expect in tense moments while holden is basically a space SJW complete with earther guilt until he starts impersonating miller. Naomi hates conflict and killing.

Can belters even be considered human still?

Just watched Fred Johnsons actors public freakout. Holy fuck that voice. I hope he gets a scene in some show where he gets to just unleash that rage but I doubt it'll be the expanse

link pls

'Chad l Coleman rant' in google

yeah I found it. He was clearly drunk as fuck.