So what the fuck was this scene all about? if mystique took him at the end of days of future past...

so what the fuck was this scene all about? if mystique took him at the end of days of future past, why did he still end up in the weapon x program?

also, why does magneto love wearing a cape and helmet so much

Other urls found in this thread:

cinemablend.com/new/How-X-Men-Screenwriter-Resolves-Wolverine-Mystery-From-End-Days-Future-Past-131267.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I Stopped following the plot of capeshit years ago

sorry, i'm a retard, i meant just cape. we all know the purpose of the helmet

Don't question the plot of these. All of them have fucked with the timeline so much that none of the X-Men films make sense from a continuity stand-point. They work as stand-alone films so just view them like that. It's like the Terminator series.

Why didn't they just cast Danny Huston again? This guy looked too young to be Stryker.

Pretty much "deal with it"

cinemablend.com/new/How-X-Men-Screenwriter-Resolves-Wolverine-Mystery-From-End-Days-Future-Past-131267.html

>Earlier this month, I had the pleasure of sitting down with X-Men franchise producer and X-Men: Days of Future Past/Apocalypse screenwriter Simon Kinberg, and among the topics that I brought up was the path of Wolverine after the events of 1973. Borrowing a bit of scientific theory and dialogue from the last X-Men movie, Kinberg explained that the idea is that Wolverine was always going to end up in the Weapon X program despite all of the events that changed in his life due to time-travel antics. Said Kinberg,

>One of the things we talk about in Days of Future Past - there’s a scene where Hank/Beast talks about the immutability of time. Basically, you can change the way the future goes, but it finds its way back. So while we don’t show how, it found its way back to Wolverine being part of Weapon X and under the thumb of Stryker, that’s the idea.

Except the ending implied the exact opposite. You were only supposed to think that until Mystique's eyes flashed yellow.
Fucking hell these Fox jews don't know shit.

yeah i take your point about the "immutability of time" and i actually suspected that would be the screenwriter's explanation, except one teensy weensy little thing...

IT RENDERS THE WHOLE POINT OF DAYS OF FUTURE PAST FUCKING INVALID. THEY DID FUCKING CHANGE TIME

The helmet stops mindgame fuckery and the cape is just for styling

The film is set in the 70s you imbecile.

colonel william stifler

>he hasn't seen Logan

So was the part of X-Men Origins Wolverine where Stryker recruited Logan in Vietnam

No, the government killed most mutants anyway

the future in logan is pretty fucking different to that in DOFP

the future in DOFP is actually kinda dumb, why does it look like t2 judgement day? they didn't nuke the world, just killed mutants and people helping them

Who knows. Boliver was a middle-aged white midget in the 70s, and thirty years later he was a middle-aged black man.

>the future in DOFP is actually kinda dumb, why does it look like t2 judgement day?

Guess which came first, the answer might shock you.

>just killed mutants and people helping them
and anyone that might develop or pass mutant gene to their descendants so pretty much all mankind?

Basically the ending originally ended the same minus the yellow eye reveal. Test audiences didn't like and/or didn't understand it. They added the yellow eyes.

couldn't have been that many considering they were able to wipe out mutants completely in one generation with modified crops

fuck logan had some spastic plot points

Test audiences are fucking stupid

The people who changed the ending are the stupid ones. Having Stryker recover him is upsetting since it's a sad ending to the film.

Also why did he have his claws in the future scenes of dofp? They were chopped off in The Wolverine. Also why did Magneto have his powers and why was Xavier alive?

Its bitter sweet. He fixes the past and all his friends are still alive, but he still goes through the trauma of losing his memory.

Did he lose his memory though? I thought he was a wild beast in Apocalypse because of the weird helmet thingy. Stryker didn't get the chance to shoot him in the head in the new timeline. That's why Logan knows his actual name is James Howlett or something in Logan.

>Having Stryker recover him is upsetting since it's a sad ending to the film.

but we see a future where everything turned out ok, so those people are dummies.

>Also why did he have his claws in the future scenes of dofp?

post credits end of The Wolverine we see Xavier and Magneto alive, with the use of magneto's powers he was probably able to reforge them, master of metal and all that

>Also why did Magneto have his powers and why was Xavier alive?

End of X3 we see Magneto move the metal chess piece implying the cure isn't 100% permanent and also Xavier transferred his consciousness into that braindead body shown earlier in the film.

But that braindead body wasn't a Picard clone in X3.

;^)

Yeah but that's all I got for that's 100% in the movies, anything else is speculation, like maybe there's a mutant that can reshape human tissue, or just simply he had plastic surgery

>applying logic to a show about super powerful mutants who all team up to fight crime for the amusement of overgrown children

Fuck origins it isn't canon. Logan loses his memories in getting the claws. Jean even says, "I gave him some memory's back" in Xmen apocalypse. In the OG timeline Prof X is also able to give some memory's back. Adamantium bullets can kill not wipe memories.