Shin Godzilla releases on Blu-Ray tomorrow

Shin Godzilla releases on Blu-Ray tomorrow.

Anyone here going to buy it, even though there's a 0% chance that English subs will be included?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/JBiPqHClzlE
youtu.be/PueKzMQduAk
youtube.com/watch?v=qD-eOk6LoHs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Maybe.

Won't there inevitably be a North American release though, and probably cheaper?

Unless there's a particularly nice limited edition, I don't see any reason to import. Especially since, as you stated, there won't be subs.

torrent it, never watch it, get my opinion from this board.

probably

>Toho
>Hideaki Anno
>NA release

Funimation already has the distribution rights though, iirc. Hell, it even got a modestly big limited theatrical release here in America.

I'm sure that, inevitably, it'll make it's way stateside.

it's bad so no reason to buy it

That was just for the theatrical release though.

Toho is notorious for being cunts about distributing their films outside of Japan, or even including other languages are subs/dubs.

kill you'reself

did you even see the theatrical version?

Is this the uncut version?

>still gets hurt by buildings just like the pussy 2014 version
>finally has a destructive atomic breath but no other monsters to fight
>gets defeated by humans

This is why Kong is so much better.

Those fuckers better release it over here.

someone will rip it eventually, took like 3 weeks for Gantz 0 to get a BD rip

What a weird fucking film that was.

Kong is beautiful but meaningless. Anno's Godzilla has message just like the old one.

It wouldn't even be hard to get a US release though. They would only have to translate the menus, since the film has never been dubbed.

Holy hot damn I had no clue. Looking forward to watching in HD. That Tokyo scene at nightfall. Anno's go-time music from Evangelion. That GOD DAMN final shot. I'm damn excited.

This is directed by Hideaki Anno. Meaning that even if this doesn't get a US release, some autist Evangelion fans will spend months translating the movie, debating on the most accurate translations, making things as perfect as possible and be release on the net in a few months.

The movie will end up subbed on the internet but what's really fucked is if we're gonna miss out on the special features

they'll most likely end up online, just not translated. I imagine a bluray rip will show up on rutracker

Somebody explain this shit for me

Godzilla's body is constantly evolving.

Right before the nigga got frozen his body realized the next best way for it to continue surviving and fucking shit up is to take on the form of multiple humanoid beings.

Best movie of 2016

Shin Godzilla seriously was just a chore to sit through.

Look, I get it, you wanted this movie to say something again and at times it does have some powerful imagery and allegory with SOME rightfully earned dramatic tension, but it's mostly just a rather horribly paced slog. It spends so much time on the politics of the whole situation, without much of the actual intrigue to keep viewers truly invested. Sometimes it almost seems like it's a directorial exercise of how many different ways he can shoot people talking in a room and the back of their heads. .

Look, I'm not saying I need a mindless monster movie, I can appreciate a more cerebral film as well as a popcorn flick, but this political talk is done to such an obsessive degree that it's literally them mulling over every little detail for the most part without much at all to break up that monotony.

And I'm not even saying it had to just have more Godzilla, I would have voted to also have a pair of boots on the ground to view the destruction from a different angle, and also possibly bring in an element of personal drama for the politicians who all seem strangely unphased by the possibility a giant creature potentially killed their family ravaging through Tokyo. Just a different perspective than a goddamn board room meeting would have eased it up, and even bring even more of an emotional angle to it all. Like, that scene that reminded me of the Tsunamis that hit Japan a few years ago, that was powerful. Imagine another pair of eyes on the receiving end. But it's one shot after these politicians just like, "hey, look at this, well back to the meeting."

Also, while the scenes with Godzilla are still pretty great, the middle of the film is where it really picks up. And the ending is just pretty anti-climatic. Yea, you can argue that's technically a little more realistic as not everything needs to go out with a bang, but is it wrong for me to still be under the impression that this is still SUPPOSED to be a Godzilla movie? Guys, some more excitement wouldn't hurt. Understand your source material's legacy.

It's by no means the worst Godzilla film ever, but it sure as hell isn't the best either. I don't care what anyone says, but the American 2014 remake had more to appreciate if you ask me. It was still very much a Godzilla film, and when he was on screen, it was the Kaiju fights of dreams. But I also appreciated the pretty tense, horror movie-ish cinematography throughout. It's not perfect, and not even my favorite Godzilla film, but I was at least fairly entertained throughout. Like, 70% of Shin Godzilla was just, lack of a better term, straight up boring.

And this rant is keeping my personal hatred of Hideaki Anno's previous work and sometimes himself aside.

this pasta never ceases to be funny

nice pasta

All we can hope for is that some autist fan-subs the whole thing. Problem is that they have to do it properly, with the location subs being at the top of the screen like in the theatrical version, and not intermingled with the speech subs at the bottom. Otherwise we will have to wait like 6 more months until Funimation puts out their release

The only way it could become more monstrous was to become man itself.

If only the Japs would stop being so selfish.

You know, if it wasn't for us, they'd have never gotten the idea for Godzilla in the first place.

kek

>get my opinion from this board
Just listen to this for two hours and you'll have half the experience.
youtu.be/JBiPqHClzlE

This is a Hideaki Anno film we're talking about. There are still autist Evangelion fans arguing about the proper translation for certain lines. It will get done, and there will be several different versions.

That's fucking deep man

youtu.be/PueKzMQduAk

holy shit

Anno interviews alone will make this worth it.

even without the hiroshima joke, this would still be true
Godzilla is obviously influenced by The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms

japs butthurt that our godzilla was better

and also butthurt that we have this qt kaiju couple

Nigga what? every movie besides kk vs g has released in the US with english and japanese dubs.

Funimation has full release rights and confirmed the blu ray release. It'll probably be on their streaming service and crunchyroll as well.

>already having a dub for american audiences that released in american theaters
>implying they won't release
are you retarded?

that fucking nge music tho

mew toes

neck yourself you piece of shit

Yea they made it but it wasn't working out so they ditched it.

>literally The Thing 2011-ing a Toho Godzilla

sad day.

Except Shin was good.

This looks rough, I can see why they ditched this thing.

If the same shit that happened with 3.33 Bluray happens with Shin... I will be sad.

what happened?

It's the 22nd in Nipstan. Still no torrents.

The release was delayed by a year or so because Anno thought Funimation did a shit job with their translation.

Took like two years for the Bluray to be released with the release date constantly being pushed back.

hahahaha based anno

>There are people who actually think Godzilla would beat King Kong when Kong already defeated Godzilla in Toho Canon
Face is weebs, Kong is King.

Preordered it on Bluray on CDJapan. It shipped yesterday and is currently on some plane/boat somewhere getting across seas.

Kong lost to fucking fighter stunt planes you pleb

yeah, let's not get carried away, it's a decent reconstruction for the first half, then turns into total borefest that's hardly even a Godzilla movie for weirdness' sake. pretty much the Alien Resurrection of the franchise.

>That feel when you watch Shin Godzilla and suddenly you hear EVA music

Anytime Shin Godzilla is on screen the movie is great but the constant scenes of bureaucrats talking about how they can't possibly nuke Godzilla because that would destroy their fucking city and how terrible Americans are is boring as hell to sit through

If I was Trump I would have groups of soldiers take Japanese women hostage daily to send a message

>butthurt americans

>reconstruction

*deconstruction

fuck me

>he shoots
>he misses

thanks for playing

That's essentially what it comes down to though.
Americans complaining about Shin Godzilla went in expecting capeshit and got an actual film instead.

nice trips, but I'm still not American and Shin is still just a pretentious flick.

>Not having the Japanese BD release.

You still want more of what the American Godzilla wants which is hardly what could be called a Godzilla film. It was nothing more than a glorified army recruitment film whereas with Shin it went back to the roots. Have you even seen the original?

>buying 3.0

is it really 0% chance though? I have a couple of gooktoons bought from jap amazon with english subs.

>You still want more of what the American Godzilla wants
[citation needed]

> It was nothing more than a glorified army recruitment film
This might be true of Kong, but does not fit G'14.

>with Shin it went back to the roots.
It really didn't, not after the first 10 minutes or so. And all the elements it did carry over lacked the earnest and tragic feel '54 has. Shin's boardroom scenes and political commentary felt like a weird mix of The Social Network and the talky parts of Final Wars. Did not have the heart of the original.

>Have you even seen the original?
It's without a doubt my favorite one. You keep barking up at the wrong tree.

You better put that up on the interwebz as soon as you get it

Can anyone post the webm of this scene?

>get to this scene.
>Whole theater is tensely silent cause don't know if there's going to be a jump scare or not.

>This might be true of Kong, but does not fit G'14.

>video is not available

c'mon senpai...

>yet another version of "007 Takes the Lector"

IT JUST KEEPS HAPPENING

Am I the only one who thinks Godzilla's mastery of evolution is actually meant to be interpreted not as a giant destructive monster but as an AI becoming almighty and fucking humanity's shit up?
youtube.com/watch?v=qD-eOk6LoHs

>godzilla changes itself in reaction to its situation and threats
>is beaten by a community of individuals
plus the visual is there to evoke twisted and burned corpses

deepest lore

>Shin Godzilla releases on Blu-Ray tomorrow.
And yet we have no leak still. Whoever is in charge of their security, give that guy a raise.

Imagining something that didn't happen is now valid criticism?

BRAVO ANNO
R
A
V
O