only for double digit IQ drive plebs

Yes

no

Not if you enjoy atmospheric films

It's also freudian as fuck if you're into mommy shit

It's kino

Far from it.

maybe

This nonsense is so inorganic to any sense of globetrotter restlessness or anything explicitly or metaphorically to do with British or American colonialism that it just feels derivative. That Kubrickian scene in Drive of dead-eyed strippers watching an assault gets extended here in a more elaborate whorehouse sequence where catatonic hookers bear mute witness to instances of police corruption. Refn’s tableau of organdy-gowned call-girls listening to pop while watching violence in a bouquet-bedecked whorehouse is the ultimate David Lynch parody.

Gosling and Refn have art ambitions–a strange sense of fun. But how can film culture progress with fantasies like this? There’s no shock or outrage left. Refn relies upon a level of menace (unerotic, non-provocative) that precludes caring about or responding to violence, vulnerability, mortality. This is cinema for unsophisticated viewers who don’t already know Bunuel’s eye-slashing, Altman’s Coke bottle assault or Shakespeare/Julie Taymor’s Titus. Children of Kubrick, Friedkin, Lynch and Tarantino, they remain infantile about movies.

what movie is that on the right?

not if you enjoy it

Only God Forgives > Drive > Neon Demon

Santa Sangre
Fear X >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Only God Forgives = Drive = Neon Demon

santa sangre by jodorowsky

Bleeder>other Refn's flicks

story wise it's absolutely nothing special, but it has quiet introspective scenes like the karaoke scene - the whole kino is basically about atmosphere and feeling.

i liked the neon demon better, you can't really compare it to drive at all

What about the Pusher trilogy ma gud frend ?

dying for some top tier shit

Very good but not as Bleeder

You got my hopes high up if it's better than the gutting scene !

Mads playing a /tv autist who watch movies all day. Absolute kino

Oh gosh can't wait to see that. Too bad he started making contemplative abstract stuff after 2005.

Yeah, that's why i like Drive. It's a simple story but told in unusual style without trying too hard. But then Refn just went deep in his own ass

Didn't he start with Bronson ? I only watched the first 10mins of that one though.

watch the documentary m8, he said he wanted to do something completely different from drive.

refn is constantly challenging himself

currently watching that. Ive seen 1 and 2 so far.
I like the first one, the 2nd one was good too.Im kinda hyped for the 3rd one which ill will watch later tonight.

Its a pretty movie, but also rather shallow.

Very style over substance, not necessarily a bad thing but you should set your expectations accordingly

yeah, unless you want to watch refn literally cumming from the thought of his own ego for two hours

Yeah, sure. I mean Drive was most similar to old Refn since third Pusher.

you wanna fight

Very gud ma fren, third one is the funniest.
Alrighty then !

>watch the documentary
i'd happy to, but can't find it anywhere

Imagine if Drive and Oldboy had a baby.
And the baby was dropped on its head.
Repeatedly.

That's what this movie is like.

*Unsheathes machete*

I've been thinking about watching this, too. The stills and merch look prime Refn and the plot sounds more interesting than Drive... I wonder why is there so much hate towards this.

yes

In my time on Sup Forums I've only really realized one thing, there are those that can appreciate OGF for what it is, and those that haven't opened their third eye yet.

>I've been thinking about watching this

What the fuck does this mean? It's just a 1h and 30 min film. Watch it.

>This nonsense is so inorganic to any sense of globetrotter restlessness or anything explicitly or metaphorically to do with British or American colonialism that it just feels derivative.

which cuck did you steal this from?

I didn't like it the first time I watched it, but I am that way about almost everything. I watch something and it's never what I want, so I pout and get annoyed, but then I rewatch it and take it for what it is, knowing it's not what I want, and then I end up liking it.

I think it's a good movie. The worst thing to be said about it is that it's a simple movie that acts like it's trying to be something more, but it really isn't. It's like Drive, in that it's a straight forward story presented in a stylish manner and that's all it's trying to be. If you go looking for something more, it's easy to assume the movie is pretending to be deep and failing.

Too many normies got hyped for it after only watching Drive and were let down, but that being said if you like Refn's other movies you will love it.

visuals are good, but the plot is meh, so if you care a lot about plot, skip it

Tldr. You sound like a pleb that doesn't know he's a pleb.

Despite the fact that I loved all of his other movies, this is self-indulgent brain tumor of a movie. It's pretty but I think the script was the result of a stroke

>style over substance
>tries too hard
>self-indulgent
>pretentious

These are the "thoughts" that come to the "mind" of your plebian Sup Forums simpleton when faced with the kinographic experience that OGF provides.

100% this.