Why are tropical countries always shitholes?

Why are tropical countries always shitholes?

Other urls found in this thread:

sparknotes.com/philosophy/socialcontract/section9.rhtml
ifitweremyhome.com/compare/SG/NL
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You can be relatively lazy and survive. If you live in a tin shack anywhere else you would freeze and you have a shorter growing season so you'd starve.

This jungle and tropical country is the third richest country in the world.

If every urban area in the world seceded, Singapore wouldn't even be top 20.

Literally nothing special.

75% of cold territories are shitholes.

because the heat makes people lazy

no it does not it is just a matter of culture

Singapore is 5.6 million, more people than Finland, Ireland and Norway.

>75% of cold territories are shitholes.
Just the former USSR and it's satellites.

Yes, and? 75% of cold territories are shitholes.

so all of the tropics have the same culture? wtf?

stop being dumb

But they don't produce anything and have to import everything. They are depedent on foreign corpprations and nations exporting their products there. Without neoliberal capitalism Singapore would starve immediately.

Same about you without EU.

no i didn't say they have the same, im just making a point that culture and ethics is important no matter what climate

People in the tropics are too busy playing soccer and getting malaria to get any development done.

West is a tiny minority of cold territories. The vast majority of cold territories are shitholes.

They're not.

No Singapore has a shitload going for it. Historically very important especially in the modern era.

Honestly this. It was 30 degrees where I am today. I'm a teacher, and my students didn't want to work and neither did I.

Also have a read of this it's pretty interesting.
sparknotes.com/philosophy/socialcontract/section9.rhtml
>Though freedom is desirable, Rousseau agrees with Montesquieu that it is not possible in every environment. The government of a state does not produce any goods itself, and so must live off the surplus produced by the people. The closer the relationship between the government and the people, the less the taxes levied by the government will hurt the people. Democracy can survive where there is little surplus and monarchy thrives where there is a great surplus. Thus, Rousseau suggests that climate determines government to a great extent. Colder, northern countries have little surplus and can support democracy, while hotter, southern countries have great surplus and support monarchy. In hot climates, people tend to eat less, have more fertile soil, and need fewer people to work the land. Because fewer people are needed, the population will be more spread out, making them easier to govern. All these considerations serve as evidence that monarchical government thrives in hot climates.
Rousseau had some interesting ideas.

Bullshit. Cold and lack of sun makes you lazy a lot.

Both extremes can make you lazy, but there's nothing like 30+degrees and high humidity to sap your energy.

Canada would be the same if US didn't exist. Look at Uruguay - it's mostly European and not much better than its neighbours.

but i'm saying the heat influentiates the culture and ethics of the people in it

Bananas are yellow.

>always
>Singapore

>influences
fix'd

singapo was built by Brit not own effort

ifitweremyhome.com/compare/SG/NL

I don't care if you hate yourself, but speak for yourself, monkey

Western Europe, Japan and South Korea received lot of American money too.

>hurr durr

The fact is right there in your face, if you want to deny it that's your problem.

I guess it has a lot to do with the climate and the fact that they have close to all-year growing season (or all year growing season I don't know).

It's the same case in sub-saharan africa.
Sub-saharan africa had plenty of game, plenty of food and even very basic argiculture allowed you to survive. This allowed people to live week-by-week without having to plan ahead.

Fact about your shithole. I would change this country for Singapore any day, they are uncucked. Australia is way more uncucked than Austria too.

Singapore is the only exception, do you know the meaning of this word?

And it was made by brits anyway

How do you explain Poland is a shithole then?

So you are proving their point, it's culture and IQ. Your country is a shithole because low IQ, Average Australians and Singaporeans have high IQ.

South American countries next to Antartica are shitholes due to low IQ meanwhile Falklands is comfy.

Spain and Portugal literally ruled the world, they didn't have low IQs.

BTW Australia is in the temperate zone and people live in cold areas

Something to do with mongol-turkic invasion from the east and the spread of mongol-turko-german ideology.

What? Australia is a hot shithole. Sydney is hotter than Miami.

Can i rape you? i promise i will be gentle with you, also i assume you are a cute submissive white boi who can handle everything.

No, it fucking isn't wtf?

Don't say stupid shit before thinking, memes are not reality

Napoleon once said, the geography defines the policy, and tropical weathers create shit policies from the get go

Tropical climates do not require heating in the winter meaning that fire sources are absent,
without the need for fuel there the only requirement for survival is food.

This means that anything beyond a community is pointless as you essentially do not need woodcutters (even to house yourself, you can just gather dirt and branches)
That means no initial division of labour
meaning no administration of any kind
meaning no development.

>close to all-year growing season
Not really, without industrial era irrigation monsoon season BTFO your crops and 90%+ humidity can knock out american marine with full gear within hours. Until electric fans and air conditioning became common productivity is rather low.
Constant flood season that is followed by malaria is the reason for stilt houses. Even digging canals in the 1800's and clearing nearby jungle by 30km cost us 3k lives over the years which is about 1/10 of my entire state.

This thread is still alive? Are you illiterate? West is a tiny minority.

Again, 75% of cold territories are shitholes.

Both are hot. if you think they are not hot, it's because you're comparing to your country.

The general rule is, if it's a nonwhite country in the tropics, with the exception of former British colonies that are Asian, it's going to be shit.

Every place ruled by non-whites and east asians are shit, not only tropical places. Patagonia is a shithole for example.

I know, but I was referring to just the tropics

No incentive to go up the tech tree when you can just easily survive on fruits, fishing, hunting. No winters to worry about.

how do you explain india?

how do you explain japan?

>how do you explain japan?
He meant non-(whites and east asians) because otherwise non-whites would've been sufficient.

We are not tropical ( we have a lot of jungle, but is mostly unpopulated) and we are still a shithole.

This

unironically, there's a theory who says tropical countries tend to be shitholes