College Football Championship

Starts in 20 min, GET IN HERE

Both these teams should be in FBS.

Kind of sad that THIS is the official Division I championship. Not that these are podunk teams, but it really makes the FBS racket look dumber for not being willing to have a tournament.

It would be unlikely that NDSU could build a stadium big enough and fill it to compete at the FBS level. Not sure about JMU.

why couldn't NDSU do it? JMU definitely could because they are in VA so have money

JMU has a pretty big stadium. Wikipedia says about 25k capacity.

No TD

You know what, I'm gonna watch this shit. I understand handegg somewhat, but I only watched the Super bowl. Hopefully by the end understand why Americans care so much about their school's sport team when they are not even in it.

Fargo is a relatively small town. The metro has only about 250K people. Better to sell out 19K seats than have an "empty" 50K seat stadium.

what game are you watching lads? The one that says "James Madison vs North Dakota State"

yeah, it's basically tier 2.

The really college football champ is Monday night

>. The metro has only about 250K people
That's hardly unique for American universities, even the schools with the biggest stadiums usually happen to be in small towns in the middle of nowhere. Fargo is actually well above average size for a college city.

thanks

But other college towns have population centers nearby. The closest to Fargo is Minneapolis.

>JMU alumni
>mfw this game so far

I got into JMU back in 08 when I was applying but went to another school instead. I think I get to root for them now

fuck there's a load of advertisement breaks.

It's really all about bragging rights. My school beat your school so I'm better

everyone here has started to notice, it never used to be like this. ESPN and major networks are losing subscribers so they try to sneak in more ads. Some games even double box now in between breaks so it seems like you aren't leaving the game

fair enough, like local teams here
oh, that's quite unfortunate.

dat red zone Bison D

Do you believe you can win this fight tonight?

It’s not okay how hot JMU chicks are

welp, looks like this game is going to come down to penalties & turnovers.

wow, one of each on the same play

JMU's D is so good at shedding blocks. wow.

I thought the championship was between Georgia and Alabama?

DRAGON!!!!

Might be if they played in a real playoff.

Technically it's this game.

How is NDSU so consistently good? Do they just rope off the entire state for high school recruiting, or are there FBS transfers?

Lots of players who didn't get attention from FBS schools, coming in with a chip on their shoulder. A couple of transfers too.

FUCK NDSU
Can't wait until their violations are exposed and they have to vacate their """national championships"""

>the fumble call stands

>mfw

They only have like 3 players from North Dakota
It's mostly Minnesotans too dumb to get into a Big 10 school

>being this mad at one call

>this post
>without pics

inb4 fake

>Announcer says "it's still a two possession game" in the first half

they are all vile rich roasties from the DC suburbs in northern va

t. townie

Your thread sucks OP

>No mention of teams
>No team logos
>No mention of FCS

God you suck.

>win championship 6 out of 7 years
>dont move up in a division system
I hate how the ncaa doesnt have some sort of clear guidelines to bump teams up or down based on performace.
>inb4 muh seating capacity
theres plenty of shit level g5 schools that cant draw what they do

>not understanding the business side of college football
>mfw

ain't over yet

desu they get more exposure doing this than they would going 8-3 in C-USA each year

People don't want to pay taxes to build a large stadium t. from fargo

Hahahah gay Madison pooniversity

Do they? This is the only game between FCS teams I can recall that is on TV. Not sure what the payout is but I imagine being 8-4 in C-USA gets them to some low tier bowl game with a 2 million dollar pot

You're not factoring the much higher cost to be a FBS program. It's a business decision in the end.

EAT UP THAT CLOCK, BISON!

UCF would booty blast both those teams. #OurChampions

FUCK YEAH BLOCKED

MEME PLAYS

HOL UP HOL UP

HE'S GOT BALLS OF STEEL

DAT FUCKING FAKE

Always kind of weird when you see an Australian running/passing the ball. Like he's an alien in our skin or something.

sweatyman.jpg

We /trickeration/ now

clock runs on 1st down
clock runs on out of bounds

no one care

HEART PALPITATIONS

>those deal dash tards

forward progress was stopped. clock runs if you go out of bounds moving backwards

That's the GOAT incompletion.

What was that?

EXHALE

S I X
I
X

R I N G S
I
N
G
S

what about the last JMU 1st down on the QB run?

CFB clock runs after chains are set on a play that makes a 1st down.

inb4 fumbled snap and recovered for a TD

i know this. it ran continuously

I thought it had stopped momentarily

>Gay M Poo

How amazing would it have been if he forgot to slide to a knee before chucking that ball and a JMU player caught it in the endzone

the revenge is complete

gg JMU, see ya in Frisco next year

>tfw NDSU QB went to the same hs as you