X-Men Apocalypse: What would you have done?

>Why did theu de-power Apocalypse?

I don't read comics but I do remember the cartoon series, where he could grow large, and was basically this unstoppable force. With an antagonist so great, I thought that's what we were getting. Why the fuck do they do this?

Could you imagine all of the X-Men uniting to defeat an Apocalypse who could

>Genius-level intellect
>Telekinesis
>Telepathy
>Technopathy
>Teleportation
>Immortality
>Invulnerability
>Regenerative healing factor
>Super strength, speed and reflexes
>Matter, energy and mass manipulation

I would show him inside advanced military-like caves obtaining his celestial armor which enhances his powers ten-fold, with his four horsemen (he basically stole shit from the Celestials) in another dimension then returning where over the centuries, he masks himself as all the deities.

However, his people turn on him and scene where he is transferred to a new body to become immortal. Succeeds but is entombed below.

So, how do you defeat a foe like this? You can't. They try everything. Even Jean with her phoenix powers, just basically cuts him here and there but Charles manages to help her, she keeps unleashing her shit and Charles teleports him to a dimension where he stole all his shit and send a 50ft Apocalypse to face 500ft tall Celestials. Who imprison him.

After DoFP, Magneto has gone into hiding and Charles is trying to rebuild the school. While looking for new recruits, Charles sends Hank to investigate reports of mutant fighting rings. Hank discovers that the fighting rings are connected to a cult that revolves around an allegedly immortal mutant who awakens every "whatever" number of years and pits mutants against each other to find only the strongest to stand by Apocalypse.

*PLOT TWIST* Apocalypse has already awakened and kidnaps Charles to use him to find and control more mutants.

Knowing they don't have the firepower to stop Apocalypse, Hank and the young X-Men have to find Magneto and convince him to help fight Apocalypse and save Charles, Magneto agrees after learning about the mutant death matches.

BIG FIGHT HAPPENS

Apocalypse is defeated and Magneto fucks off with some of the mutants to restart the brotherhood while the rest go with Charles.

I know the ending is a rehash of First Class but it would still make a way better movie.

End credit scene, a student brings Prof. X a flyer for a free vacation to Genosha, a small country promising a haven for mutants.

Do you think Apocalypse should be like he is in the comics and cartoon series in terms of power?

I had to think of a way to lock this guy, obviously no prison could hold him so I introduced the scene with an advanced insanely hi-tech cave, then later we find out that it's home to the Celestials, Charles sees into Apocalypse's mind and sees the place he went to, so he sends him there knowing he will be arrested and imprisoned for stealing their hi-tech suits.

>they were teasing it with concept art of Apocalypse in a space suit, entering a celestial ship found on Earth

Also a scene where Quicksilver runs and hits Apocalypse only for Apocalypse to capture his punch mid-air and kick Quicksilver's ass with his own super speed would level the playing field immediately *all filmed with him just walking and hitting Quicksilver into the air, teleporting hitting him down, across, and all we see is a blur in real time, having Magneto turn on Apocalypse.

I would have left the ancient alien tech shit out because it's too big of a can of worms for what is an already crowded movie.

I guess I'd make him a matter manipulator, including his own body, since that's part of what he does in the comics and makes him a big enough threat in a fight to bring in Magneto. Any tech elements would just be stuff he's acquired/developed over the centuries to keep himself alive. I mean it's not implausible within the confines of the movies considering Hank somehow turned a radar station into a telepathic amplifier in the 1960s.

Apocalypse is one of those things that just dumber the more you try and explain it. He's an ancient, powerful mutant. Don't get too wrapped up in explaining it because the story will ultimately suffer the farther you go down the rabbit hole.

>Apocalypse is defeated

ya but how?

its not that messy, OP just explained it pretty simple

OK, who are the aliens and where did they come from? When did they crash on Earth? When did Apocalypse find them? How much of your run time are you willing to give to his back story when you've already got a dozen characters to worry about?

Also they can't use the Celestials, they don't have the rights.

I would probably stick to something similar to the original flick where Jean Grey and Magneto (two incredibly powerful mutants themselves) go ham on him until he's a smoking pile of ash.

Or maybe Magneto wraps him up in girders and throw him into space.

I don't have a script in front of me, I just banged out an outline that I thought addressed the major flaws of the film.

I wouldn't have ended it with that bullshit shot of all the x-men in their fancy uniforms that's for sure.
Probably wouldn't have had Eric and Mystique on good terms with Charles.

I really hope they do a movie set in the 90s that sets all this back on track, some what in line with the original movies.

Simple answer; have mystique killed so you can get rid of the cunt that plays her.

I haven't seen the movie but it looks like a poor attempt to capture Age of Apocalypse's dark, edgy, futuristic aesthetic.

Wolverine looks fucking retarded.

For one, the movie never should have been about Apocalypse. That character should have been used like the X-Men universe's Thanos/Darkseid. They should have built him up for years with post credits scenes of him finding his horsemen.

I really hope they just step back from the main franchise for a while on focus on other shit, but I know that isn't going to happen.

An X-Men movie set in the 90s would be 40 years after first class and nobody in the principle cast looks like they've aged that much.

The thing about Apocalypse is to play him like a force of nature, you don't defeat him you, you merely delay the inevitable. The old 90's X-Men had that right with the X-Men never actually defeating Apoc, they just stopped whatever plan he had so he leaves to set up the next one since the X-Men aren't worth the effort to kill.

If I did the movie it would be about Apocalypse doing his standard thing of trying to create violent chaos throughout the world to force people to fight and survive (his version of Survival of the Fittest) with the X-Men needing to stop that plan, not fight Apocalypse.

Apocalypse was very strong in the movie.
The god damn power of the Phoenix wasn't enough alone.

>So, how do you defeat a foe like this?
Call Willow to take care of business.

shouldnt have casted a manlet to be apocalypse for one thing

An adaptation of the Proteus story would actually be pretty good since they already established that Moira has a son. But I doubt Fox would take that on.

I hate 2 parter ladies but honestly this movie might have been better as a two parter. The first film being about him recruiting mutants while the xmen chase his Ass around, ends with him capturing Xavier. 2nd film is like a prolonged battle, where they take down his horsemen 1 by 1 until they face the big bad.
Movie ends with magneto helping the xmen, but ultimately deciding to leave due to his views

Wolverine is supposed look like Danny Devito on steroids. It's not far off.

Instead they got a tall, homosexual chad.

Save Apocalypse for the next film with Cable showing up as the son of teens Scott and Jean.

Have a more low key film with Magneto and maybe some mutants he recruits for his brotherhood. Mystique is on his side and stays so.

Focus on them traing as X-Men. None of this end of the world global crisis shit. If anything, have Magneto go to a nuclear missle base like in the book as a big event.

It should have just bee a lower key (and cheaper) film about Charles's actual first class.

Kill Every X-Men except Prof X. and Magneto
Apocalypse vs Onslaught