ITT: Dream Broadway movie adaptations and casting

ITT: Dream Broadway movie adaptations and casting.

>tfw no Book Of Mormon movie (animated or otherwise) with Josh Gad and Andrew Rannells reprising their roles
>tfw no Matilda musical adaptation with Benedict Cumberbatch or Martin Freeman in drag as Agatha Trunchbull
>tfw no Hamilton movie with Lin Manuel Miranda reprising his role
>tfw no Hamilton recording of Lin Manuel Miranda's final show showing via FathomEvents because paying $700 to see a serious version of ERB pretty much crosses the line

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8flpemDnczQ
youtube.com/watch?v=nFzdIaBnckg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Benedict Cumberbatch as Trunchbull
Why do I want this so much?

>Hamilton being that smart
Just end your life.

Hamilton and Matilda should've switched places

>No spring awakening on the smartest level
ya done goofed

Literally reverse this

I'm more shocked Wicked and Fun Home aren't even on there

The Hamilton movie will happen in 25 years.

>The Hamilton movie will happen in 25 years.

>tfw no musical film adaptation of Heathers
>tfw probably no more adaptations of Sondheim
>tfw no modern day Jesus Christ Superstar adaptation
being a musical theatre/movie fan is suffering

The close thing was that recent version with Mel C and Tim Minchin a few years ago.

How was that one?

That ratio of God tier songs in any musical is absolutely insane.

Tim Minchin is a genius. Lin Manuel Miranda is overrated

Shit Tier
>Hamilton
>Wicked
>Lion King
Low Tier
>Rent
>Next to Normal
>Dear Evan Hansen
Mid Tier
>Cats
>Book of Mormon
>Les Mis
High Tier
>Sweeney Todd
>Ragtime
>Assassins
God Tier
>Spring Awakening
>Parade
>Phantom of the Opera
Transcendence Tier
>Spider Man- Turn Off the Dark

This list is indisputable so don't even try plebs.

>tfw no Jesus Christ Superstar remake with Tom Hiddleston as Jesus, Chiwetel Ejiofor as Judas and Eddie Redmayne as Mary Magdalene

>Naughty
>being anywhere but shit tier
god they kept fucking reprising it and it just got more annoying each time. There are better Matilda songs to reprise

>no Matilda
>no A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder
>no Something Rotten
>no Avenue Q
>no In The Heights
>no Spamalot
>Turn Off The Dark that high

Here's my musicals 3x3
Les Misérables - A Chorus Line - March of the Falsettos
Sunday in the Park with George - Assassins - Sweeney Todd
How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying - She Loves Me - Passing Strange

Haven't seen
>Matilda
>Gentleman Guide
>Something Rotten
Avenue Q is fine but hasn't aged well, Spamalot is great,and in the heights is ok.Also Turn Off The Dark is patrician art.

nice taste lad

>Rent anything but shit tier.

Also,
>Parade, Spring Awakening or FUCKING PHANTOM OF THE OPERA
>in God-tier
>or anywhere higher than Assassins, Sweeney Todd or Les Mis to begin with.

>Heathers
I unironically believe this is a the best musical of the last 5 years and the fact that it didn't get a proper Broadway run is a fucking travesty

pleb.

They only reprised it like twice.

It's not that bad

>mfw watching when I Grow Up live on stage for the first time

Sorry, Andrew Lloyd Webber is a hack and POTO is overrated as fuck.
Spring Awakening's songs are purple prose as fuck but it's a decent musical for what it strives to be.
Parade is alright but nowhere near God-tier.

What about Fun Home?

Is Sondheim /ourguy/?

Was it hard to type with Sondheim's cock in your mouth?

I mean, Sondheim's one of the greatest musical theatre composers of all time, so I have no problem rating his musicals higher than the schlock ALW makes.

You do realize the last one in these memes is ironic, right?

haven't seen. hear it was pretty gud.

shitty meme's aside he's written a lot of great stuff I agree (accept for passion) so yea as a composer he is better than ALW i'll meet you halway on that.

I heard Avenue Q for the first time a month ago and I think it's really special even among the musicals that have since arisen

I wonder how many of you were salty that Kinky Boots won Best Musical at the Tonys a few years ago

Musically it's fine but a lot of it is dated

avenue q shits all over hamiliton but in the heights in broadway kino

In the heights was just westside story but worse, shut the fuck up

avenue q ages like wine for me because as I get older the lyrics hit closer to home especially "for now". just last week it came on when I was listening to music via shuffle and it made me tear up.

some of the jokes for sure have aged bad but the heart of the show still shines bright

it was nothing like westside story the fuck you talking about? parallels exist but that's like saying angels in the outfield is the sandlot but worse

in the heights is pointless. I think its fine, it's the only show by Lin I actually kind of like, but it's absolutely pointless in a kind of comfy way i think.

>Makes a 2 shows that run for over 20 years
>both considered staples of American Musical History
>Calls him a hack
You Sondheim cucks never learn...

everything is pointless. what's your point? does everything need to have meaning?

in the heights shows how important family and open communication are. love and compassion and all that gay shit. it also showed you how that culture operates and approaches different situations. maybe I appreciated it more because I was able to relate to some of the struggles and because I'm a bean myself, but I'm also a huge fan of musicals in general and in the heights was a good musical.

plus the music was great.
youtube.com/watch?v=8flpemDnczQ

>Cuz i'm a bean
that explains why you like it. thank you that'll be all

I liked it for many reasons. I don't even speak spanish.

>muh familia
>muh love and compassion
>muh diverse cast
fuck you.fuck musicals. fuck this gay ass thread. I'm going to shitpost about Batman V.Superman away from you gay musical loving beans.

This. I'm in college rn, and "wish i could go back to college" perfectly articulates all of the dread I have about graduation

didn't say a goddamn fucking thing about a diverse cast nor would that ever be a pro in my book.

and family is very important, user. does your family suck or something? if so I'm sorry because having a loving family that will always be there for you is one of the great treasures in life.

I think that "if you were gay" perhaps is dated because that's such an ubiquitous idea now. However all the other shit is still relevant, and the existential shit like "purpose" "for now" and "I wish I could go back to college" is especially timeless.

"for now" is one of my favorite songs of all time but that "george bush!" line sticks out like a sore thumb

it's extremely generic is what it is. The show is literally watching beans you don't give a shit about running around. Lin's a winy little shit who i wished would just fuck off to wherever it was he was bitching about for the whole show but then autisticaly chickened out of going. Gay, poorly written and dishonest.

I'm sure any recent showings would replace Bush with Trump.

I thought of that as well. However when I heard that line recently I thought "well they were certainly right, he was temporarily president and now he isn't". I think that the George Bush line ages well in a sense, given the context.

bush jokes in general are kinda dated though lad. That's my only issue with the show, moments like that which stick out

I honestly can't remember usnavi almost having a gay moment or whatever it is you refer to. I'll have to rewatch it later. but if you don't care about the characters then of course you aren't going to like it for the plot/story. so I get that. but what did you think of the music? the performances? the blend of hip hop and spicy ethnic sasla type music?

it's okay that you don't like it. if you're still the same user that called it a worse version of west side story then I'm still not sure you would call it that aside from a few overlapping things.

nah i'm the user who freaked out an said he was gonna post about Batman V superman. I actually kinda like In the Heights. I've just been drunkenly shit posting this whole hthead and trying to rustle some jimmies. I'm going to fucking bed now man

Minchin is based

Revolting Children is so fucking good

Wow, those all suck. However Weill's Street Scene really needs a good film adaptation.

I'm cast as Mark in a production of Rent right now. Any of you AZT-popping buttfuckers have tips for playing this character well?

>playing a white man that gets cucked by a nigger

how fitting

>tfw you're the only person who likes American Psycho The Musical

Honestly, I just want ANY version of Shoggoth on the Roof.
It can be a movie, it can be a broadway production, I don't care.
I just really want it to happen.
youtube.com/watch?v=nFzdIaBnckg