"GHOST IN THE SHELL" SPOILERS

The Major's real name is Mira and she survived a terrorist attack that destroyed her body. Her brain was then placed on a robotic body by Dr. Ouelet, a scientist for Hanka Robotics.

The Major leads an elite counter-terrorism unit called "Section 9". Batou is her right-hand man. He only loses his eyes and receives cybernetic implants halfway through the movie. The team also includes Aramaki, Togusa, Borma, Saito, Ishikawa and Ladriya.

Section 9 is searching for a cyberterrorism who is targeting Hanka Robotics. He turns out to be Hideo Kuze, a survivor of an early experiment by Dr. Ouelet to extensively rebuilt a human body with robotic parts rather than put a human brain in a robotic body. Kuze assassinates Dr. Ouelet before being confronted by the Major.

Kuze reveals that Hanka Robotics is connected to the attack that injured them both. The culprint is Cutter, the leader of rival unit Section 6, who then orders Section 9 terminated to cover up his own involvement.

The Major sets out to get revenge on Cutter and his men while also dealing with Kuze and his extremist vendetta against everyone at Hanka Robotics rather than just Cutter.

That's pretty much what happened in the anime movie right?

It was some kind of government spook shit.

Whew and..... they botched it

Not at all

>That's pretty much what happened in the anime movie right?

Wrong

No, god no

>it's now a rape & revenge movie
eww

Sounds alright.

It's closest to 2nd Gig at best.

>antagonist is called Cutter

so it's closely following the original manga? What am I supposed to be angry about?

Digestible gateway plot for normies

Dang, I was hoping it'd get all ~weird~. I reckon it'll be as good as the Aeon Flux movie, a flawed movie that looks pretty.

No it's not. It loses pretty much everything the anime had to offer in terms of theme, philosophy, and vision. If this is the actual plot spoilers, then this movie's gonna be straight garbage.

I think the problem is that it strays too far from the movie it was supposed to be based on. Most people have only seen the movie, myself included, and this is not what we wanted.

do you guys think this movie is going to flop?

>>theme, philosophy, and vision.

There is an episode where they are trying to find a killer who shoots loose change at people lol.

So deep.

No, this is pretty much a mix and missmatch of several Gits plots in several different shows and movies.

I was referring to the movie, not the anime. My bad.

I was trolling dummy, the plot is almost the opposite of the manga.

Yeah, i'm pretty sure that Power Rangers is going to net a lot more dosh than this.
Animukino is never going to happen.

People were actually under the impression this was a shot by shot copy of the anime movie? We've known about it being a mix of the movie and different series plots for a long time now.

Probably not. It's trying to fuck the fans of the original in order to attract normies, and scarjo in a skin suit is pretty attractive, last I checked. Especially in the foreign market.

BORING

>this is pretty much a mix and missmatch of several Gits plots in several different shows and movies.

so just like the anime

Mfw we still cant make a live action anime movie thats good

Honestly, I would've rather had that stupid Michael Bay Evangelion movie than this.

I want this movie to flop, but for the love of all that is sacred please dont let this be the plot.
they have already shown scenes recreated from the original movie, if they just add some random plot the scenes will be stupid.

One way I notice this seems to be missing the point of about the universe of Ghost in the Shell is that it's supposed to be a time when cyberization is so casual a practice (like say getting tattoos are now) that Togusa is seen as somewhat anachronistic by a lot of people for only having the barest minimum of implants so that he can just access the internet mentally. This seems to suggest that in the movie people are only doing it because they suffered some sort of injury which necessitates getting cybernetic replacements.