Why are Hispanics except Cuba so bad at sports?

Why are Hispanics except Cuba so bad at sports?

Why is Portugal so bad at sports too?

Other urls found in this thread:

cubadebate.cu
granma.cu
es.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ana_Gabriela_Guevara
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Phelps is a swimmer

I always thought you guys were great at the angL*'s sport; SOCCER

cuba is good because it's a communist dictatorship, and sports are state propaganda

hispanics arent bad at sports, they just play what is really popular where they live, without any state support or subsidy.

communism

Cubans are also more educated than other Latinos. Same reason with Russia and China.

We only care about football, rugby, and sometimes other shit like basketball, hockey or polo

>Cuban education
"America is evil"
"Castro is God"
"Death to the West"
"Don't worry if your stomach hurt"

>Cubans are also more educated than other Latinos.

This is a meme... Check some cuban website, they literally think they're the best latin american country.

cubadebate.cu

granma.cu

Majority of latins are extreamly poor
Lack of help from the goverment
If latinos manage to win, the goverment only gives you a 1 hour ceremony and the smallest house they could find, but you have to pay for that house in small amounts over a few years
There's a story of one mexican cyclist that her bike got stolen at the airport and her bags with all her clothes on it, she had to compete with a donated bicycle.
Also one Mexican runner who step up and pointed out that the Mexican goverment is stealing all the funds of mexican olympic clubs and giving the money to american elites, was forced to resign and now she is politician.
I wouldn't be surprised if similar cases happened in other countries.

We don't really invest in the olympics

>Also one Mexican runner who step up and pointed out that the Mexican goverment is stealing all the funds of mexican olympic clubs and giving the money to american elites
?

>Mexican goverment is stealing all the funds of mexican olympic clubs and giving the money to american elites
Wtf!? Thanks???

>the Mexican goverment is stealing all the funds of mexican olympic clubs and giving the money to american elites
lol

>olympics

nobody cares about that

here you can pretty much only be a pro if you play football/soccer
we have many good tennis players, but the game is popular among middle class people, it doesnt come from state support, we have many tennis courts all over the place.

other popular sports are rugby (among the wealthiest 10%), boxing among the poor, basketball in smaller cities and towns (not Buenos Aires) and field hockey, but only among women.
but they all pale in comparison to football/soccer, and are pretty much amateurs.

I have no idea how anybody could practice or try throwing hammer or pole vault or any stuff that isnt a popular sport average people play.

Look at the part that says: retiro de las competencias deportivas.
es.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ana_Gabriela_Guevara

How does India have less with 1.2 billion people?

I thought it's because all your good runners, jumpers, and swimmers are already here :-DDDD

Portuguese athletes keep winning gold medals in world championships but when it comes to olympics they just don't care.
Championships give money olympics don't

I know this is bant, but it has some truth, America have some good athletes from Mexican descents that were immigrants in the past.

Nobody cares about irrelevant shit in the olympics mate. Irrelevant sports are irrelevant, the simple fact that a hundred sports together are less popular than a football world cup show how relevant they are, which is not at all.

No money to waste on sports 5 people in the country care about.

90% of the resources go to Football. Rugby, Basketball and maybe Tennis have to fight for the remaining 10%. Good luck to the rest,

Here.

Same happens here, except we don't give them any money at all instead of gifting it to other countries.
Rugby is not half as popular as Basketball and Basketball is not 1/1000 as popular as Football

>giving the money to american elites
I thought they were stealing it for themselves, what's the sauce on this?

Since when is Portugal Hispanic?

>tfw the only reason we're yellow is because of our population size

Most likely wealth.

Unless you support your youth and give them the opportunities to improve in certain sports, they wont get to olympic levels.

By that logic India, Pakistan and Indonesia should be yellow

Olympics don't pay.
The last boxer who won a medal for Mexico in 2014 had to fucking beg in the streets for money in order to even pay his plane to go there, let alone pay for everything else since the government doesn't care and never support any of our athletes. Compare that to professional boxing, where all the money is, where we dominate several categories. Historically speaking.

This, basically lack of funding

Maybe it's different over your area, but here it's a bit different. Tennis is played by middle-high class, and rugby is played by all classes. Schools where I live have implemented rugby along soccer for boys like more than a decade ago, it's becoming really widespread.
Field hockey is also played by anyone, but for some strange reason high class girls tengo to flock towards it the most, and some kinda discriminate low class girls wanting to play as well.

I agree on everything else though.

Cubans are the best latins we out preform all of you brown monkeys