So I finally got around to marathonning Iron Fist

So I finally got around to marathonning Iron Fist.

It's not very good. I've watched all of the MCU television shows now (funnily enough, I've only seen four of the films), and I've rated every episode out of 10 on IMDb.
I found the average rating out of ten for each season - here's my order.

8.23 Season 1 Daredevil
8.15 Season 2 Daredevil
7.77 Season 2 Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
7.45 Season 3 Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
7.38 Season 1 Luke Cage
7.37 Season 1 Agent Carter
7.31 Season 1 Jessica Jones
7.19 Season 2 Agent Carter
7.18 Season 1 Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
6.85 Season 1 Iron Fist

Is that roughly how the rest of Sup Forums (who have actually watched them all) feels about the shows, or am I way off?

The Bill Paxton episodes of MAoS were better than the rest of that shit show. Fuck all Whedons btw. Otherwise your list is solid, except Agent Carter isn't worth watching at all.

Iron Fist is a 7.5/10

In a month Sup Forums will consider it underrated.

I only watch the Netflix shows. For me it's DDS1 > JJ > DDS2 > LC > IF

>In a month Sup Forums will consider it underrated.
I mean, maybe, but I think that's more of a reflection on Sup Forums trying to be contrarian than anything else.
In 2011 Sup Forums was excited as fuck that Whedon was doing the Avengers, as soon as it was well-received Sup Forums turned on it without mercy.

Putting any side of politics aside, Iron Fist's lead really is just a shitty actor. Extremely melodramatic, even in scenes where every other performer is dialling it back. The dialogue's also pretty rough.

why have Jessica "Jobs to anyone" Jones when you have superior Luke Cage?

Except I remember a specific scene where he perfectly captured a man trying his best but everyone around him telling him he's a bleeding heart failure.

The protagonist is a classic idealist not having some gritty agenda: literally a hero worth believing in due to being incorruptible. There's two points in one there but the main reason Iron Fist is my personal favourite hero out of the four Netflix shows is how I personally identify with his struggle of wanting to be good but the realities of other shitty people won't cut you a break.

And Finn Jones's performance was great: he was just let down by rushed writing and a hasty shooting schedule, something they'll likely fix for the second season which I hope will be bene.

That's all very fair, I'm just saying that if Sup Forums changes its mind about a show or film a month after release, generally its the second, later opinion that's forced and false, just to either start up the conversation again or make oneself feel unique or special by not sharing an opinion with the majority.

I appreciate what you're saying, though, and I'll give you this much: Jones' performance in the first half of the season (where it was more childlike wonder and less anger) I actually really enjoyed. Even when he got all melodramatic, it felt earned, and it felt real. It was like he just didn't know how to behave in front of everyone else, and I liked that.

Later, though, when he gets angry a lot, it really is just sub-par acting. He uses every muscle in his face every time he enunciates, he slips further out of the American accent (you could make the argument that it's because he's been in the Himalayas for the last thirteen years, but his accent is way better in the first half of the season). He also sucks at hyperventilating and his little i'm-so-mad-i'm-going-to-punch-air moments are fucking atrocious.

I mean you can see I gave the series an average of 6.85/10, so it's not like I think it was a bad show or anything, it just could've been handled a lot better. Agree with you strongly that the writing was rushed as fuck.

Iron Fist is a 4/10, a subpar show spit out of the corporate machine that is Marvel. Luke Cage is only slightly better, being at least an average show.

Don't forget that shaking thing he does to convey anger/instability. He just starts vibrating LMAO

Iron Fist is a 4/10 on a good day. Just a shitty show lads, accept it and move on

>Luke Cage that high
I see you are a cuck. How can I be a servant to a black master's cock? I've never had a girl interested in me ever, so I have nothing to offer a big black bull. It really frustrates me. I want masterbait to the idea of watching my girlfriend get fucked HARD by a group of black masters. I would even get off watching my sister worship big black dicks, but she isn't mine to offer up.

I liked Iron Fist way better than DD S2 and Luke Cage

>google iron fist while watching it
>all the SJW websites saying Claire was the best part of Iron Fist

jesus christ these people have such shit taste. Why do they even watch it when they know they hate everything about it

also all the articles about "whitewashing" and "white savior" and getting triggered because the creator said Oriental. Just fucking KEK what babies. Also I click on it and it says Keanu Reeves in the matrix is a prime example of a white savior. wtf

>jesus christ these people have such shit taste. Why do they even watch it when they know they hate everything about it
But they love Captain "White Male" America. Are you fucking retarded?

no because I just googled it and read the articles written dipshit

Oh that's cool. Google the fact that they like Captain America. "They hate everything." You're so fucking sad.

what the fuck is your point retard

I said everything about it. They hate that it's about a white kid from New York who learns kung fu

I never said they hate anything with a white person in it. God damn eat shit retard

>all the SJW websites saying Claire was the best part of Iron

So you're an SJW if you like a non-white character at all now days?

if she's the worst character in the show, only there to deliver stupid cynical quips and to show how much continuity there is among the Marvel TV brands, yes

she was fucking annoying

She wasn't the best or the worst character, grow the fuck up.

yes she is the worst

I don't need to see the same nurse patches up super hero with shitty quips a dozen times. It's the least interesting part of the show

The worst part of Iron Fist is all the far left folks hating on it without even watching it because it's a white guy, and all the far right folks loving it without even watching it because the far left are crying about it.

It's a slightly-above average show, and it's the worst of the MCU shows. Its flaws have nothing to do with the ethnicity of the lead. It's just not especially well-made.

Do you really think that (((they))) would allow it?

Daredevil > Luke Cage > Jessica Jones > Iron Fist

I kinda liked Iron fist but I feel like they did very much wrong. He barley even used his powers and Claire Temple was in the show way to much.
Seriously, how the fuck did Clarie beat down a dude from the military?

>Seriously, how the fuck did Clarie beat down a dude from the military?
Agreed. In the same scene, a poisoned, weakened, limping, sweating Colleen does the same.

>sweating Colleen

>it's a we can't kill the bad guy episode

She's Night Nurse, a character literally known for patching up street level heroes. Plus that actress is a qt.

>Plus that actress is a qt.

getting too old imo

D-d-dare I-I say Mary Sue?

i've never watched any of agents of shield. is it worth watching, and does it go hand in hand with the other marvel shows?

Eh, it comes and goes. She often gets her ass kicked.

It's quite tonally different from the Netflix shows - more Whedonish-Buffyish, if you know what I mean.
There's a couple of awesome characters and a couple whose scenes you want to end as quickly as possible to get back to the good stuff.
First season is the weakest, if you think it's alright keep going because the second season is quite good.

>I found the average rating out of ten for each season - here's my order.
>my order
your order is the exact imdb avg rating order
are you sure you have an opinion?

>your order is the exact imdb avg rating order
Just because I wanted to see if this was actually true, I went and did IMDb's, too.

Mine:
S1 Daredevil
S2 Daredevil
S2 Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
S3 Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
S1 Luke Cage
S1 Agent Carter
S1 Jessica Jones
S2 Agent Carter
S1 Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
S1 Iron Fist

IMDb's:
S2 Daredevil
S1 Daredevil
S3 Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
S1 Jessica Jones
S2 Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
S1 Agent Carter
S1 Iron Fist
S2 Agent Carter
S1 Luke Cage
S1 Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

They're actually quite different. Literally none of the entries are in the same slots except, coincidentally, both seasons of Agent Carter.

>tl;dr: You're either lying or mistaken.