Just came back from an advanced screening of Life

Just came back from an advanced screening of Life
Ask Me Anything.
I thought it was a fun flick

Other urls found in this thread:

greig.cc/why-names-rarely-match-up-with-faces-on-movie-posters/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

is even actually scary or just scary music and jumpcuts?

Whats the monsetr look like

Turns out it's Man

I'll go check it out in theathers when its released,looks okay.

Whats the good? Bad? Is it like Sunshine or more like Event Horizon?

Mostly scary music and jumpcuts, though there is some twists which, while you'll see coming, make for some entertaining drama
It's sorta like a squid with four flat tentacles. It's very malleable and can go through vents and ducts and stuff. A little bit like a floppy version of Starro. About halfway through it eats a dudes leg and gets a bone looking skull sorta face and a bit more heft on the body. Kinda reminded me of the skulls of Promethean Knights from Halo on one of the sentinel bodies from Halo, only organic with tendrils.

Sorry I'm shit with descriptions. It looked pretty cool though

Should I go see this or Age of Shadows on Friday?

It's decently directed and has some fun setpieces. More plotholes than you can drive a space station escape pod through but if you turn off it's a bit of a good tense time. Decent acting and visuals. The opening one shot is alright

Venom

Nice to see Ryan Reynolds getting work, deadpool really saved his career

the trailer makes it look like "the thing in a spaceship in space" Is it the thing in a spaceship in space?

Anyone seen The Void?

Not really. The alien never starts taking over bodies or anything. It's more 'Alien but how it would happen in the present day', only not quite because people in present day aren't as dumb as those in the film
user... I... He's the first victim
Never heard of Age of Shadows but sounds like low budget trash. I didn't regret paying cheap for this. Nice quads though.

trailer made it legit look like an alien clone

How did they get 2 of the biggest actors at the moment to star in this flick?

So like a floppier version of Scarlo?

>2 of the biggest actors

Jake Gyllenhal and...his hair?

Yeah. It pretty much is
Scarlo?
Well, Ryan Reynolds dies first

Oh, and just in case anybody wondered it doesn't tie into Venom at all, and the alien is actually pretty different from him. There is a twist at the ending but it's the escape pod that was meant to carry the alien into deep space lands on earth while the pod with the one survivor ends up careening into deep space.

I'm enjoying "Life" the tv series, with brody, cromatie/john henry and the cute iranian from Person of Interest. I bet this film is no where near as good

That's a fascinating story, but not at all related to the topic at hand.

is it a venom prequel?

see

why are the names not lined up with the faces?

>but not at all related to the topic at hand.
You're forgetting the name of the show this film has blatantly ripped off

Sounds lame tbhf

This is exactly the ending that I knew was going to happen and I wasn't going to enjoy

Oh, it's a bad twist. They try to make it deceptive as well with trick photography so you think they sent it off before pulling the rug out, but anybody with half a brain can see it coming. The stuff beforehand is satisfying though.
Well, if I've saved you some money then it's all good.

>people will praise this shocking twist

Does anyone else hate these posters where the names don't line up with the corresponding actors?
Fuck man.

I doubt it. The audience was visibly laughing at it

I'm upset this movie was even made. Alien fucking ripoff. Shit is disrespectful

Eh, it did just enough different. The bare minimum but there was enough.

>He's the first victim

So it isn't the black guy?

I guess my question would be why would I watch this instead of the alien sequel? And since it was R was there at least some gore or was it just strong language also how does ryan reynolds get it?

Why'd it crawl down his throat?

yea we jus need to know who dies and how everyone dies pretty much. Also wtf is that alien thing

Did it imply the alien was going to fuck up earth?

Nope. They make you think he will be. The alien crushes his arm through the glove and it's pretty mangled. He dies later when it eats his legs without him realizing because he's a cripple who can't feel them.
Ryan goes in to save him after the arm breaks though. He gets him out but he is trapped in there and it crawls down his throat to feed on his body because it grows through eating glucose/carbon based lifeforms which also answers And as for violence and language, there's a fair few f-bombs, some even to the point where it feels unnatural. There's a decent amount of blood and a bit of gore but it doesn't ever really linger on it so it isn't too bad. Like, the thing eats a dudes leg but you don't ever see close up shots of the remains or anything. It just happens and moves on.
Why should you see it instead of Alien though...? It's out now. It isn't going to be Prometheus 2 where nothing makes sense. There are a lot of plot holes but most of them come down to characters not acting wisely, unlike that film where literally nothing works.
I'm hype for Covenant and it'll probably be a better film. But if it's anything like Prometheus then this will be better.

WHY DO THEY NEVER PUT THE CORRECT NAMES ABOVE THE ACTORS HEADS ?

REEEEE

So, when it crawls down his throat, how does he die? Does it like, eat his organs and shit?

Yeah. covenant seems dope. prometheus was a let down but at the same time it told ridley to get his shit together. i just hope he doesnt shat all over blade runner 2. anyway yeah this space horror genre is really taking off and idk if im down for it theres only so many ideas & futurama and star trek used most of them lol

The alien is found on Mars. It's a carbon-based lifeform that's super resilient but still needs some oxygen though it can last in vacuum for a while and feeds on glucose/human shit

So, first death is Ryan, who dies saving black guy.
Next up is Russian commander chick who goes outside to repair the comms but gets attacked by it. It breaks the coolant in her suit and she drowns in it outside the ship, not coming in to try keep it trapped out there (but it gets back in anyway).
Once it gets back in it attaches itself to the black guys leg and hides feeding on it. They think they've locked themselves in a safe room but it reveals itself as black guy dies and they have to run. In the confusion the asian gets seperated from Gyllenhaal and Ferguson.
So then the earth sends a rocket to blast the ISS into deep space to prevent it from getting to earth. Asian thinks it's a rescue though and tries to hop inside. Shit goes down, he gets killed by it and the ISS starts falling to earth because the rocket ended up smashing the station as seen in the trailers.
Gyllenhaal comes up with a plan to use oxygen to lure the thing to an escape pod which he'll pilot and take it out into deep space while Ferguson goes to earth to tell them. In the ensuing chaos her pod gets knocked off course and his gets overpowered by the thing and lands on earth. Some sailors find it and open it even though he tells them not to and the last shot is of more boats coming to the pod with the implication it's going to fuck up earth

kek I wondered the exact same thing and looked it up.

apparently its contractual and based on whoever is the most important in the lineup.

in the commercials when its attacking jake jellyhall it looks huge! how big does it get? and does he die?? also who's the last survivor (sorry for all the question lol)

greig.cc/why-names-rarely-match-up-with-faces-on-movie-posters/

Pretty much. He starts coughing up heaps of blood and then it crawls back out. It get's bigger after that though and same after eating the dudes leg. I can't remember if it says exactly what it feeds on but it mentions glucose makes it grow and it's carbon based so I imagine it's taking that outta the bodies.
It doesn't really get bigger then when it's attacking him. That's near the end. And he isn't dead at the end but he probably will be. He's trapped in the pod with it all webbed up. He is the last survivor, but as mentioned he won't live long.

>dies saving black guy
>black guy still dies

and wow ... i hate sequel bait. doesnt seem like it would do too much damage on earth though. I mean, space sure. but on earth we have predator drones and missles and shit and theres only one monster...i like our chances

still though i feel like if you know youre gonna put ryans name first it wouldnt be that hard to put that son of a bitch on the left side of the poster

Any (good) reason given why it's so smart or why it's such a fuck?

Or am I expecting too much?

Does the alein look cheap? Practical or CGI?

It's fire proof, grows through eating people and is extremely sturdy. They don't find anything that can harm it up there. Also it lands in the third world so has lots of potential to grow and maybe breed (cause the ending fate of Gyllenhaal looks like it may be doing that). We'd probably take it but who knows.
And for my money it didn't feel like it was setting up a sequel, just having a ebin twist. Though I wouldn't hate seeing an Aliens equivalent of this.
The alien is described as all muscle and all brain because each cell is entirely self-sufficient and has every system that humans need heaps for or some pseudo-science shit. Every cell can move, see and think so it's all muscle and all brain.
The alien didn't look awful. Not great and occasionally cheesy. mostly CGI though I think there was a bit of practical. Some other CG shots were cheap though

Anyway, I'm going to head to bed cause I've got uni tomorrow. If the thread isn't 404 when I wake I'll answer more questions but it probably will be. Feel free to discuss the film in the meantime though if anybody has seen it.

thank u OP

whitey, the cover

so what is this a rip-off of alien?

why isnt this movie called "not the new alien"

Happy to help. If you were on the fence I hope I've swayed you one way or the other.
And yeah, as I've said it's present day Alien pretty much

you did. so many movies coming out now its hard to keep up and also expensive. me being an alien superfan and just annoyed with the fact that this movie exists you helped me realize that yeah its pretty fucking different, but it also isnt, and ill just sit at home w sigourney. lol.

>names over the wrong heads

>This is the one thing we did not want to happen.

No it was a rip off of this highly acclaimed show

Can it reproduce? Or does it bud off? How did it kill everything on Mars?

The Chad actors on the poster make me never want to see it.