Recap

I notice that when my parents are watching tv together one of them sometimes misses part of the show and the other guy would recap the part for him or her

Is there a technique for such thing?

i have no idea what you're asking

Is there a specific way to recap a segment of show for other people?

Like "he starts dating a new girl now"

you're on the spectrum, aren't you?

its just a really odd question

Anyway, I mean... Just explain what happened, in broad strokes. Like for Seinfeld, let's say halfway through an episode, if someone just sat down I would say something like, "Jerry met a nice girl but is reluctant because she has an annoying laugh. George realized that his bosses like him more if he just sleeps through the work day. Kramer and Newman are planning a scheme to get free stamps at the post office."

Use words

Interesting.
I also have no idea what you want to ask. How did you get to this?

Lmao this thread

"Not too sure, something about Martha being important to them both."

>Is there a technique for such thing?

i think it's called "language" but it sounds like a sham

Close your eyes
Now summarize the last movie you watched in greentext
Instead of typing it you say it out loud

Conversing might be the word you're looking for

>watching tv together

I guess my question came out wrong so it's ok that people think I am stupid

I am just saying that I notice that somehow my parents can always recap the missed part and the other guy can always understand the missed part.

I believe it is not only because my parents know how to recap the show, but because the show is designed to be recapped easily

most tv shows open with a recap of previous episodes

It seems the recap only has meaning to people who were already watching the show.

But you can just point out the important plot points that the other hasn't seen yet
How is this a revelation?

>watching tv with another person

I think it's strange that all plot points are something that can be summarized in one brief sentence.

>part of the show
they are called scenes.

It's called a quick rundown

>I believe it is not only because my parents know how to recap the show, but because the show is designed to be recapped easily

it's almost as if the show was a chain of notable events connected by continuity

i believe the secret technique you're looking for is called "drama"

winrar

>Is there a technique for such thing?
Yes. Avoid technical bubbles and go to source directly

Huh?

If you're familiar with the characters (Jerry/George/Kramer in my example) then the scenarios I described sound completely reasonable. Jerry is neurotic about women he dates, George is a bad employee, Kramer is always making ridiculous plans, often with Newman. What more would you need to understand what's going on in the 2nd half of a Seinfeld episode?

Is recaping a show verbally considered a Sup Forums sin?

Hence the word summary. You skip major details and just get to bare essential points. You're either on drugs, autistic, or shit posting. I hope it's shitposting.

The thing is I read and write recaps of shows online all the time but it's all done by typing and posting

But my parents' recaps are all spoken sentences. It's sounds so strange. They are shorter than most of my posts and more to the point.