Best scene in all of the hobbit movies.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SQkygZdZ_Vk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That's not the orgy

>45 minutes into the film
>still at Bilbo's house
>back to back musical numbers in the same room

The movie would have been better split into only two.

>he doesn't like comfort

Greed destroyed it.

>Let's make it three parts. Fuck the script we have, and pad it out so that there isn't a coherent beginning, middle, and end to each.

Del Toro had it like that. So did PJ until he ran out of time.

youtube.com/watch?v=SQkygZdZ_Vk

I watched that awhile back and that has to be the most damning behind the scenes video i've ever seen, They nearly flat out say its a bad movie.

I feel bad for Peter Jackson, he had absolutely no time to prepare a proper movie after Del Toro left

OP here, I enjoy the comfort and setup of the first movie.

>45 minutes into the film
>still at Bilbo's house
>every one of the best scenes in the Trilogy take place during this, and nearly everything after is downhill

really got my noggin joggin

Friendly reminder to watch the Maple Films Hobbit Edit.

Full HD all the way through, including the EE scenes from BotFA. Basically cuts down any fanfic and padding.

Result: A rather faithful 4,5 hour Hobbit adaption with an intermission at the 2 hour mark. Easily an 8/10 movie.

>feel bad for Hackson

He's largely responsible for a lot of the bullshit in the Hobbit, 6 minutes of lamentation shouldn't change that

>time traveling to 2012 to tell your past self that the first Hobbit film would actually end up being the BEST of the three

He was handed a film that was completely different than what he wanted to do and given a fraction of the time to complete it than he was given for LOTR. He tried his best with the time given.

>dude let's butcher the tolkienverse because i think it looks cooler this way
>my lad orlando hasn't had work in awhile, let's bring him back, make him an anime charicature and create a pointless love triangle!
>that's not enough memes, what if we make ALFRED LICKSPITTLE to really drum up those laughs
>everything in Battle of the Five Armies

Yeah no, Jackson shat it up just as much as any other outside factors.

Again, Probably made to make it more widely appealing because he knew it wouldn't do well with how little time he had left.

Was it a good idea? No but he didn't have much of a choice. We don't know how many of those decisions were left over from Del Toro because he didn't have time to completely scrap everything. He made the LOTR trilogy, so im inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt on what happened. Considering how amazing it was.

Right, and you can start to see his more retarded ideas start to bleed into TRotK as well. Thank you for proving my point that it was him taking liberties.

Ah, there it is. Any arguement again Jackson isn't complete without shitting on LOTR.

Nah, this is.

BLUNT THE KNIVES
BEND THE FORKS

>don't critique my favorite movies because they are objectively flawless

you don't even deserve this (you), retard