Are the old Star Trek movies worth watching?

Are the old Star Trek movies worth watching?

Yes they're the ultimate comfy core movies.

"No"

Hell yea.

The Motion Picture is super slow and chill so expect a super long episode not a blockbuster.

Wrath of Khan and First Contact are GOAT and you're not prepared for The Voyage Home

>first contact
Plz user, plz.

STAR TREK MOVIE RANK

>II: The Wrath of Khan
>VI: The Undiscovered Country
>The Motion Picture
>Beyond
>IV: The Voyage Home
>First Contact
>III: The Search for Spock
>V: The Final Frontier
>Insurrection
>Star Trek
>Nemesis
>Generations
>Into Darkness

Opening scenes are brilliant.

yeah they are pretty comfy. don't expect them to be like the new Trek though.

I've been rewatching them recently and the only one I'd skip would be Star Trek I. That movie is beyond comfy, it's comatose. Boring as hell and a Star Trek II is a better movie in every regard.

Pretty accurate, though I have a soft spot for voyage home and you don't identify the power gaps

If you're a fan of 2001 watch the motion picture and look how much they wanted to be like it. It's slow but it's a very cool film and the effects are amazing for pre-CGI.

II-III-IV are a trilogy.

V is legendarily awful.

VI is okay, mostly a nostalgia trip.

wrong.
as far as trek standards go,
Motion Picture 10/10
Wrath of Khan 10/10
Undiscovered Country 9/10
Voyage Home 8/10
Search for Spock 8/10
Trek 2009 7/10
Final Frontier 6/10
First Contact 6/10
Into Darkness 6/10
Beyond 5/10
Insurrection 3/10
Nemesis 3/10
Generations 1/10

The first two are worth watching simply for the soundtracks by Jerry Goldsmith and James Horner. Some of the best movie music ever made.

They are good for other reasons but if you care about soundtracks they are top-notch.

Everything on the final planet it great in V, too bad everything leading up to it is cringy shit

>The Motionless Picture in the top five
>Nemesis not at the bottom

Real ranking:
Wrath of Khan
Voyage Home
First Contact
Search for Spock
Undiscovered Country
JJ Trek
TMP
Generations
Beyond
Insurrection
Final Frontier
Into Darkness
Nemesis

What's so good about the Wrath of Khan?

Nothing it's terrible and boring, go back to Batman dude it's way better

>Elder God Tier
The Motion Picture
The Undiscovered Country

>Great Tier
Wrath of Khan
First Contact

>Good Tier
The Voyage Home

>Bad Tier
Everything else

It's fucking amazing, just go watch it, bonus points if you've seen the TOS episode "Space Seed"

One of my favorite ST trivia is that Chekov wasn't actually in the series when Space Seed came out, even though Khan says "I remember you, I never forget a face"

You can always assume Chekhov was just some nameless mook at the time, just not serving on the bridge crew

But yeah early TOS was checkovless

Added bonus, you arn't blinded half the time by fucking lens flare.

It's essentially a perfect adventure film

You could BS it by saying Chekov wasn't yet an officer and met Khan on the lower decks at some point as an enlisted man and then became a Ensign after Space Seed.

VI should have been the graceful curtain call for the TOS crew, but they had to drag Kirk into Generations for what was basically 2 hours of pointless fan service burlesque.

Star Trek II shows how we terra-formed the interior of Mars. It's what we think is Earth now.