Marvel's Iron JUST

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PvY6YQH9kE4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

But it only got raped by critics cause SJWs right guys? This bland 0/10 mess of shitty fight scenes and forced capeshit drama is /our show/

The show was rail roaded through production in order to make the deadline for Defenders

The only one getting rail roaded is your mom's fat ass.

why is he beating up the dead politician from luke cage

No it wasn't. The show had just as much prep as the rest, they just couldn't figure out how to make it work so they gave up and gave it to the Dexter hack whose specialty is "just get the fucker done under budget so we can move on"

lol

shoestring budget was more the problem it seemed

if you notice there's only a handful of sets in the whole show and they didn't have the money to do kun lun or even just the dragon so there was almost no backstory scenes of him training and becoming iron fist which makes no sense when trying to tell a story like this

lol

it's not very good.

if you've seen the other marvel netflix shows you should really know what to expect by now, if you liked those you might like this, if you didn't you probably won't.

I mean, HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Death to whitey

not enough long take scenes like Daredevil had

pretty retarded

also isnt this guy supposed to be a superhero? why is he scared of a knife?

I really liked Daredevil and even enjoyed JJ and Luke Cage, but this was just bad.

There's no defending this shit, but none of the other fight scenes were close to this bad.

How does this guy go from Taichi master handling 3-4 big black guys like playing with children in episode 1 to struggling against a bald divorced guy in a brawl?

JJ had terrible fight scenes
Not with so many cuts, but the coreography was worse

Because his skin isnt indestructible

GOT EM

But that makes sort of sense, she's not a fighter, she's just very strong.

This nigga has been training under the monkest of shaolin monks for 10 fucking years and doing absolutely nothing else and yet he still jobs for a dude who looks like your local CFO / sexual abuser in a small middle America company

Adding this shit to the folder.

This shot is deep. You have to have a 140 IQ to understand it desu.

i get that he was raised by monks in a monastery (because they said that at least 20 times), but did they have to make him act like a confused autist?

lol

I think they were going for naive to everything, which most people are going to interpret as being a dumbfuck of the highest magnitude.

The bigger issue is that the rest of the cast does absolute batshit weird stuff ALL THE TIME, and have no real consistency to them. The final episode especially, where Joy and Ward do instant 180s concerning Danny, is just baffling.

I'm just watching for asian qt3.14 best girl best waifu at this point.

Everything else is bullshit. Danny Rand is a jackass. I don't even know who the villian is supposed to be. Is he ALSO fighting against a heroin smuggling ring? Who knows.

What I know is that when tough dojo girl smiles, I'm hooked. That's why I stopped at the classic BS "you LIED to me!!1"-part every cheap romance story has.

Her ass tho

>I'm just watching for asian qt3.14 best girl best waifu

Holy shit dude, she made me rethink asian asses. She's built like a brazilian.

Jesus even with all those cuts, the choreography looks atrocious. At 0:26-29 the guy telegraphs his punch for a solid second.

lol

lol

that scene is bullshit he should be able to break that butter knife with his bare hands (no he doesnt need chi to do that)

honestly it was pretty great

Daredevil S1 > Daredevil S2 w/ punisher > Iron fist > Daredevil S2 w/o punisher > jessica jones > luke cage

The villains in this are awful. The Hand literally wants to rule the world. Gao, supposedly at least 300 years old if you believe her, spends her time making money by selling drugs. Is that really what a 300 year old person would be interested in doing?

Danny is mentally stopped aging at 15. Keeps being told to do things by everyone. Has constant tantrums. The Hand is EVIL because the monks said so!

Ward is a better main character than Danny. In fact the whole show is being held together by the supporting characters, considering the main villains and the main character are horrible.

Hell no nigga.
DD S1 > JJ > DD S2 > Luke > Iron Fist

overall it was pretty good. A few cringe scenes but I liked Harold and Ward and the qt asian

the plot and story about the hand was way way better than DD S2

>parents get killed
>get beaten with sticks by bald asian guys for 15 years

let's see how you'd turn out

the monks were full of shit and didn't actually know what they were doing

or maybe the monks knew what they were doing, lol.

youtube.com/watch?v=PvY6YQH9kE4

so did kung lun get destroyed or simply relocated?

My point is not that his backstory doesn't make sense. It's that he's just a fucking horrible main character.

kek

I'm 5 episodes in and it feels like it was written by a mouthbreathing fat weeaboo. Not only the material given to the main character is cringe inducing, the actor is fucking awful too. God, what a trainwreck, I think I'll just stick to Daredevil stuff from now on.

I sort of agree but the story made it good

daredevil as a character is much more annoying to me. Luke Cage is boring. JJ is literally tumblr. lots of capeshit has annoying hero

>Danny Rand is a jackass.
Not sure if he's just a bad actor or he's a good actor and the writing was good. I can the latter. He's obviously a little bitch with no confidence because Ward bullies him as kids. Then he ends up at a monastery for 15 years and becomes a warrior who is able to kick people's ass but is still an awkward kid with low self esteem. So I think he doesn't really know how to interact with people. It would totally make sense he's a social retard and would explain why he acts the way he does. Granted, the guy isn't that good of an actor he did pull that off if that's what they were going for.

They've attempted to adapt source material that was hip and cool like 30 years ago. Martial arts movies fell off the cliff, and so did capeshit based on that.

It's not even a good martial arts show, the guy is like a embarrassing autist 90% of the time, the asian girl is a weeaboos living waifu fantasy (walking around in nyc with a fucking katana strapped to your back, like what the fuck), the office siblings are the most mind numbingly boring duo to be put on the screen, the choreography and the directing is so extremely lazy it feels like I'm watching a Seagal movie during the fight scenes. I just don't understand how they managed to fuck it all up so bad. Even in it's worst moments DD (or even JJ, and I didn't even like that one) didn't dip this low.

Arrow, a fucking CW show, had better quality in it's first season, and it's practically the same story.

I would focus my chi inside the asian girls ass though.

It went on for about two more episodes, the fights beyond the drunken fist and the episode directed by RZA are meh, and they gave us a very green Iron Fist and didn't even show him use the Iron Fist in both hands of even were he can do it beyond the 30 seconds he gets.

That aside its ok and while I would place it below DD s2 or LC its above second half of JJ and DD s1.

The main badguy was on point. Meachum was a force and I love how his constant belittling of Ward caused his death.

Jesus I liked Ward's character arc, I thought he was going to go the way of his dad and try and fuck over Danny. Glad to see him give up on all that hate and take his rightful place as the head of Rand while Danny takes his leave.

>We need a bad-ass martial artist that can do impressive feats of strength and physical combat senpai
>We got this neckbeared potato-fat white guy who has never worked out in his life
>perfect

Real shame about his beard genetics. That's some sad shit.

how can people even watch stuff edited so poorly?

>this is supposed to be a show about a super hero whose main shtick is martial arts

i see since david brock's heart attack you CTR shills have wandered away from Sup Forums

iron fist is a solid 8/10

Top lel

>this is what passes as a bait nowadays

lol

LOL