Michael Shannon to play Cable

>Michael Shannon Frontrunner to Play Cable in Deadpool 2
>While no deal is yet in place, Shannon has been the top choice for about a week. Fox, the studio handling the film, had no comment on the news.
>The casting of Cable, a.k.a. Nathan Summers, was one that had captivated fans’ attention. Cable and Deadpool were often paired together in the Marvel comics, and even had their own 50-issue series.

WeW Sup Forums lads will based Shannon steal the show. Pretty good pick for Cable ?
Zod claimed, DC cucks on suicide watch (((again)))

DKEKS BTFO

Michael Shannon is great but a terrible pick for Cable.

Huh? I thought it was already the cop from stranger things cast as cable.

explain why

I just don't think he has the physicality to play the part. But I guess with cgi it doesn't really matter.

Michael Shannon is pretty versatile actor im sure it will work.

>didn't look out of place or skinny next to Henry Cavill in MoS even with the armor gone
>stands 6'3"
>doesn't have the physicality

Think before you post.

I can absolutely imagine Shannon's straight guy Cable getting annoyed at evry turn by Deadpool's shenanigans.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wasn't Pierce Brosnan rumored to be cable?

Physicality doesn't refer to a person's stature.

Think before you post.

shannon is fucking awesome, I'm actually hyped for this now.

And Hopper, and Stephen Lang and Dolph Lundgren and Nash (lol)

>Physicality doesn't refer to a person's stature

>Physicality
>the fact of relating to the body as opposed to the mind; physical presence.

Talk more shit, shitgobbler.

Maybe he couldn't bear the shooting schedule.

>“When I did Man of Steel I thought the story was interesting; I thought it was relevant. It was about a civilization that destroys the planet they live on and goes looking for another one. Ring any bells? That’s why I did it. I didn’t do it because I felt I needed a big comic book franchise – I honestly thought it was a beautiful story.”

He was also asked if he had interest in joining either the Marvel cinematic universe or the expanding Star Wars playground and he responded:

>“No, I’m not really looking for that. They called me recently about some iteration – I won’t say – but some version of a movie that’s been made already countless times. They were gonna give me a lot of of money, but I was like nah. Big movie, too. But I have to think it’s an interesting story. If I don’t, I can’t do it. I won’t do it.”

>Several weeks ago news say he rejected to play a marvel character and he even laughed at the idea because marvel is for children and he's DC for life
>Today he's the frontrunner to play Cable
Gotta love actor's principles

Whoops, I totally mistook him for Eric Edelstein.

Me too

>involvement of a lot of bodily contact or activity
You do know dictionaries contain multiple definitions for words, right?

>>Several weeks ago news say he rejected to play a marvel character and he even laughed at the idea because marvel is for children and he's DC for life

Yeah the same guy who said he fell asleep watching BvS is "Dc for life", not to mention he hasn't contradicted himself since it's FOX's X-Men universe rather than the MCU.

Try harder

I personally think Johnny Ham would be great for it.

They're like fucking twins holy shit.

Jayzzus Chroist isn't this like the 7th guy """"""totally confirmed"""""" to play Cable?

Lost all my respect for this man once he bashed trump and said old people should all die because they voted him. Fuck this bug eyed piece of shit

Now they have to cast a goat Hope and box office will be destroyed again.

Maybe he can star in a Mad Men prequel and be relevant again

>there are people who actually like Hope

Yeah because Trump is such a successful president and stuff

I'm sorry he encroached on your safe space.

wait that guy was zod?
he looked like an autist with that big waterhead, not a super villain/hero
>6,3"
always looked like a manlet. probably the head.. as i was mentioning

chill faggots you survived Bush at least Trump have some brain

>Turns down Spider-Man villain role
>Accepts "skullpooL" role
I never respected the guy but if I did this would kill all respect.

>Where did you learn to quip?! On a farm?!

pleasing sjw brats and lefty scum hollywoodstars? he doesnt need success from them

Physically he is a great pick, personality and feel wise he is pretty bad.

Shannon plays a great villain, gangster, jaded cop etc.

He is the scary angry guy, not the idealistic virtuous contrasting counterpoint to deadpools chaos that Cable is.

Just look at him in the picture, the furrowed brow and dark eyes...

It's gonna be painful to watch him do the hero quippy lines they will force him to do

fuck off

spurrier's xforce fixed Hope

>yea he did better career choice
>what a tard
user pls

Might actually make Shitpool 2 semi-watchable. Though I guess he couldn't save Man of Shit

Fixed her so good she was never seen again.

>It's gonna be painful to watch him do the hero quippy lines they will force him to do

>what is a straight man aka everyone that is NOT Deadpool

It's appalling how little actually goes on in your head.

>he doesn't like MoS
low test detected

because of editorial mandate to quietly destroy the mutie books in favor of shithumans

>muscular old cranky guy always yelling

He looks perfect for the part

Michael Shannon really cares about what some guy on a Korean fishing forum thinks about him.

>we will never see fantomex, logan, wade on the same screen

Good, who the fuck cares about Fantomex

Well it's hard to find people that have comic book proportions for their body. Real life people don't look like drawings.

Cable is the opposite of quips. That's what Quippool is for.

That's the whole reason why the team up is so great.

Cable is a marvel character, user, he said he turned down the role of a marvel character

>6'2

holy shit, i thougth he was like 5'10

I WILL FIND HIM I WILL FIND HIM I WILL FIND HIM I WILL FIND HIM I WILL FIND HIM I WILL FIND HIM I WILL FIND HIM I WILL FIND HIM I WILL FIND HIM I WILL FIND HIM I WILL FIND HIM I WILL FIND HIM I WILL FIND HIM I WILL FIND HIM I WILL FIND HIM I WILL FIND HIM I WILL FIND HIM I WILL FIND HIM I WILL FIND HIM I WILL FIND HIM I WILL FIND HIM I WILL FIND HIM I WILL FIND HIM I WILL FIND HIM I WILL FIND HIM I WILL FIND HIM I WILL FIND HIM I WILL FIND HIM I WILL FIND HIM I WILL FIND HIM I WILL FIND HIM I WILL FIND HIM I WILL FIND HIM I WILL FIND HIM I WILL FIND HIM I WILL FIND HIM I WILL FIND HIM I WILL FIND HIM I WILL FIND HIM I WILL FIND HIM I WILL FIND HIM I WILL FIND HIM I WILL FIND HIM I WILL FIND HIM I WILL FIND HIM I WILL FIND HIM I WILL FIND HIM I WILL FIND HIM I WILL FIND HIM I WILL FIND HIM I WILL FIND HIM I WILL FIND HIM I WILL FIND HIM I WILL FIND HIM I WILL FIND HIM I WILL FIND HIM I WILL FIND HIM I WILL FIND HIM I WILL FIND HIM I WILL FIND HIM I WILL FIND HIM I WILL FIND HIM I WILL FIND HIM

Reading fucking comprehension

>Mahvel cast based actors.
>DC cast this faggot for one of the most iconic villains so he can play a tard juggalo
what could possibly go wrong

cable did get quippy on C&D

the French

he also said that he was DC for life and that's wrong, that poster is talking out of his ass and you are scooping it into your mouth with both hands, you fucking moron.

I guess quippy was the wrong word I was thinking of him as being in the straight man role where the humor is deadpan or always tied to deadpools antics.

cable is straight edged, safe, Shannon is deserving of a more evocative character

He doesn't have to literally be a Liefeld design to fit the character. Broad shoulders and muscles aren't that hard to come by.

>deadpool
> no "le reddit"
Dare I say, Sup Forums is excited about this movie?

He's got a smal/narrow frame.

so you don't even know what you want to say, says loads about this board in general.

What is this like the dozenth person who's rumored to play the role?

>think Sup Forums after 2009-2010 is not reddit 2.0
>basement dwellers migrated to another chan long time ago new fagg where having fun is still allowed there
>this is now normie land

Just cast fucking Dolph Lundgren you retards, guy is perfect for Cable.
Oh wait, I forget what they casted a negro to play Domino.

TBQH senpai initially Leto cast as joker was a fucking amazing decision he just didn't pan out.

Leto just came off oscar win and was proving he was a true method actor who would give himself completely to essence of Joker a la Heath ledger.

It went horribly wrong but lets not act like DC hasn't made some great casting choices.

Then what are you still doing here

You're fucking miserable dude, get a grip.

Given Domino face will be covered in make up, I really don't think that's an issue

Too funny. I had no clue what you were talking about, I'm thinking "Bears? Wut? Is this a gay thing...or?"

In all seriousness though I think the cop guy from ST is a pretty legit choice for Cable.

>old habits die hard
>also Sup Forums board there is slow and weak

Keira Kinleigh would've been better

I can imagine Shannon getting annoyed IRL by Ryan Reynolds.

pls be inverse painting just for the lulz how they fuckup their franchize again, right after when they already started becoming good with the DP-Logan-Legion trinty

If he can get buffed is ok.

Ryan Reynolds is getting as many liberals as he can in his movie tho. Tim Miller left because of that. Deadpool is now Reynolds owned at this point and for next 10 years.

Michael Shannon worked with DC first and that tard won an oscar and the movie he was in won another oscar because how he was portrayed

Based Van Alden

>implying Dead Squad didn't win because of Killer Crock make up and box office

8 years and 0 oscars, all you need to know

>implying you're not a booty pained redditor mad about the MCU never being within a mile of winning an oscar

>oscar
daily reminder pleb
>Mahershala Ali Supporting Role
>Best Picture Moonlight
>Visual Effects The Jungle Book

Leto is the most shit Joker ever and you should feel bad for liking it

I don't like it, but I like to remind you that Mahershala Ali has more oscars than the entire MCU. I hope Logan gets something though, that was a fine movie

Ron Perlman would be perfect if he was about 15 years younger.

>basement dwellers migrated to another chan long time ago new fagg where having fun is still allowed there
you better not be talking about 8gag

Cmon nigga oscars are shit for years
>also i like Mahershala Ali he is a good nigg but didnt deserve oscar there
>Suicide Squad was pure garbage literally the animation was 10time better
>DC need to chill and reboot with better directors and shit, to start hire people that worked on the comics and know how the time lines go and who is who and when is when
>DC still have goat tier stories never done that can save them but they need people who actually know DC universe to work on them
>making a good movie from pic relate can literally fix it for them

>making a movie about Harley fucking his way to a degree, being literally beaten up by the joker and batman laughing his ass off at the entire thing
Not going to work. Also I agree with you about DC but you guys need to understand how fucking bad Marvel is too. It's not DC, it's the entire genre.

>b-but nolan
That's shit too

AHJAHAHAHAHAHAHA

i know Marvel is also shit lol
Nolan is pleb anime copy pasta faggot he even copy whole scenes from Jay Oliva Frank Miler Batman
>i hope he pay the animes for ripping them off

michael shannon is based. good pick

Michael Shannon JUST hate workout

Muscle Cable with Michael Shannon?

A H A H A H A H A A H A H H A H A H A
A H A H A A H A H A H A A H A H A H A

Michael Shannon is a shit actor

that is not true

The DC Comics comic writers have been shitting their characters for the longest time. I don't trust one of them to help put up a good movie.

Thank God the Batman movie is being rewritten, because a movie written by Geoff Johns would have sucked tremendously.

They should introduce Transonic and her nice ass.

Imagine a movie that would be as brutal and dark, but would still keep all the crazy over-the-top ridiculous sci-fi elements...

of course it does

what are you actually thinking with you say he can't play cable

make sense, man

my only choise is pic related

I thought JK Simmons was gunna play cable?

He means Disney's MCU not FOX Marvels veritable Kinopolis.

I listened to his interview on Marc Marons podcast a few days ago and he comes off as fairly serious but he laughs at stupid shit all the time.