Stars from the 00's that went Nowhere

Chad Michael Murray was all over magazines and other media in the 2000's thanks to One Tree Hill. He was toted to be the next big star, but his career never took off.

I noticed that alongside Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles; all 3 starred in horror movie remakes which is probably the reason why they failed to get into film. Murray and Padalecki were both in House of Wax, then Padaleci was in the 2009 Friday the 13th while Jensen did My Bloody Valentine. Out of the 3, Murray seemed to have the best acting chops and the only thing I saw him recently was in Agent Carter.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kSWbjBxI42A
youtu.be/YnyC2-51tQs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

And Jared and Jensen were never heard from again

Supernatural is the only reason these 2 are still somewhat relevant today. I liked Supernatural back in its early seasons, but this shit has been going on for too long.

It's a real shame that Jensen didn't make his big break into movies. I personally think he'd be a great Hal Jordan if WB ever does another Green Lantern. He'd be WAY better than Ryan Reynolds that's for sure and that dude has shittier acting than Murray, Jensen, and Jared combined.

Josh Hartnett

The love interest from 'A Knight's Tale'.

IIRC, she showed tits in some flick after that, but it didn't seem to boost her career.

he had a main character in penny dreadful.

kristen bell, summer glau

Oh yeah this dude. I think the last film I remember him was Lucky Number Slevin. And besides what said, I don't think he's made it into the headlines.

I was actually thinking about Shannyn Sossamon a week ago. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang was the last major work that I can even recall from her.

she named her kid "audioscience"
yeah

I'm pretty sure he took a break for a while, I mean, he was in a lot with a lot of big names.
>The Faculty
>Pearl Harbor
>Black Hawk Down
>Lucky Number Slevin
>Sin City

I think he took a break for a few years, but then he had a main role in Penny Dreadful and he has 7 projects in pre/post production.

I agree on Jensen. He has some decent acting chops and he is really good looking. I would have thought given the right opportunity, he could have been a new tom cruise that was tall.

>kristen bell
She's done some good work as a voice actress lately and she's still making films in Hollywood. But yeah she has nowhere near the popularity that she had as Veronica Mars.

>summer glau
Oh yeah. She's the Queen of minor roles in TV as of now.

I mean, you could say Hartnett might feel content that he's not a big name actor, but in the late 90's to the early 00's, they were really building him up.

As for Jensen, it's too bad he's not 10-15 years younger. He'd make a bigger splash if he was an upcoming younger actor. He's also a good singer and guitar player too btw.

youtube.com/watch?v=kSWbjBxI42A

Josh Hartnett works when he wants. He's also smarter than everyone in this thread. Hotter too. Stay mad.

Calm down, Josh.

>House of Wax

That film claimed a lot of souls.

Yeah Elisha Cuthbert never quite recovered from this.

>Josh Hartnett has spoken out about his regret over turning down the lead role in Christopher Nolan’s franchise-starting 2005 blockbuster, Batman Begins.

>In an interview with Playboy, the 36-year-old actor said the decision had a detrimental effect on his career.

>“I’ve definitely said no to some of the wrong people,” he said. “I said no because I was tired and wanted to spend more time with my friends and family. That’s frowned upon in this industry. People don’t like being told no. I don’t like it. I learned my lesson when Christopher Nolan and I talked about Batman. I decided it wasn’t for me. Then he didn’t want to put me in The Prestige. They not only hired their Batman for it, they also hired my girlfriend [Scarlett Johansson] at the time.”

>“That’s when I realised relationships were formed in the fire of that first Batman film, and I should have been part of the relationship with this guy Nolan, who I felt was incredibly cool and very talented,” he said. “I was so focused on not being pigeonholed and so scared of being considered only one thing as an actor. I should have thought, ‘Well, then, work harder, man’”. Watching Christian Bale go on to do so many other things has been just awesome. I mean, he’s been able to overcome that. Why couldn’t I see that at the time?”

>Say no to Nolan
>He cucks you in every aspect of life

Seems a bit harsh.

>“I said no because I was tired and wanted to spend more time with my friends and family.

>MUH FAMILY
Of all the dumb fucking reasons to say no. They're not going anywhere you dumb slut.

Poor guy. At least everyone realizes Nolan is a hack now.

You do realize only the anti-nolan plebs here think that.

Nolan is pretty much the only filmmaker in the industry still allowed to shoot on film, that's how powerful he is, that's how respected he is, that's how patrician he is.

Interstellar bombed, he's on his way out.

Not that user, but Nolan is terrible. His films are however high profile and dude was an idiot to turn it down.

i know you're laughing at your computer screen right now

Yeah, you don't get too many opportunities in Hollywood. Once you start turning them major offers, people move onto the next big talents.

Don't know and don't really give a shit but Jensen Ackles named his kids Justice, Arrow, and Zeppelin and that's fukcing hilarious.

neck yourself asap

hello black friend

Drake Bell lmao

Josh Hartnett

I loved that hot video he made with Rachel Leigh Cook on FunnyorDie.

He's in this kino from past year tho

>Say no to batman
>Say yes to Bunraku
This guy has to be retarded

Josh pls

I remember thinking how good-looking this dude was when I watched an episode of one tree hill. The fuck happened to this dude? He's way better looking than some of the male celebs today.

I agree. I was jealous as fuck at Murray for being handsome as fuck. I remember girls in HS debating whether Chad or Ben McKenzie from The O.C. was the better guy.

Murray had his chance to be in films, but House of Wax fucked it up.

This guy maybe, I don't know if he was big back then

Discount Leo

Oh yeah that dude. He's washed up as fuck. The only thing he had going was the 1st Final Destination film.

Many turn of the century """actors""" never went anywhere, because that was when Hollywood was obsessed with making Le Teen Movies like American Pie and shit like that. That whole bullshit numetal era was blissfully forgotten by everyone but the lunkheads who bought into it.

From 1999 to around 2006 was a shit time for films.

What are you talking about? He's everywhere!

You see, I have to disagree. 1999 to 2006 was comfy as fuck. Compared to today's toxic climate, I'd gladly take that era to today.

Why are some actors or actresses called discount whoever? I understand that it means they're a cheaper version of the person but why discount? I say they should be called "store brand X". My reasoning is Dr Pepper at a discount is still the same Dr Pepper, just cheaper. Dr Thunder or Dr Dynamite are CLOSE to Dr Pepper but never will be as good.

that's NOT FUNNY

Sam Worthington. Was in Avatar then disappeared in the face of the planet. Even Stephen Lang has better media presence than him.

>she named her kid "audioscience"
based quirkyfu

I always thought he was a very charismatic actor 2bh

Seriously the ultimate cuccery.

>hurrrr muh blood muh family

kill yourselves

I actually felt a tinge of remorse just thinking about what a shitty decision he made, imagine actually being him and having to live with that everyday, watching Nolan and Bale become the darlings of the industry. Jesus Hartnett you really fucked up

Patrice O' Neal did a great breakdown of how favors in Hollywood work and what happens when you say no to the wrong people.
youtu.be/YnyC2-51tQs

if I put this noose around your neck, will you die?

it would be extremely arousing

he's just being a father and doing voice work

Jensen has had steady work for 20 years, I think he's doing just fine

Patrice said no and now he's dead coincidence???

Aging like milk didn't help.

His buddy Matthew Lillard is to this day my favorite actor, but he doesn't really do much in the way of being on screen.

Lillard's characters become my favorite in pretty much every movie he's in, he has an endearing quality.

I remember Girl Next Door giving me some of my first boners.

4u

i present kelly hu
>played lady deathstrike
>was a voice in kotor 2
>was in marshall law?
then...

I never get tired of listening to him.

Now THIS is autism, folks

He's a shitty actor so Batman wouldn't nearly have been as successful

>dready painful

Jensen will get work. He's the reason its lasted 13 years.

He's getting $175 thousand an episode, 22 epidoses, that's 3.85 million a year. Why quit that and take a shot at films?

Michael Murray is a talentless chad.

All i remember from this guy was that he had a cameo as human casper in the Casper movie from the late 90s. He was one of the up and coming young actor along with Leo Dicaprio at that time. My sister had a lot of posters in her room of Devon Sawa and Leo.

I'm not watching 1 hour of bullshit. Just give me a greentext of what he said.

>34 years old
What the fuckity fuck. She is honestly being fucking ravaged by time.

>bombed
it made almost 4 times its budget at the box office.

Chad Michael Murray was also a narcissistic douchebag off-screen irl

He's a meth fiend. People think that he took an acting break but he was/is crazy for meth.

It's too dense to green text but basically the gist of it is that the entertainment industry is run by an assortment of different, tight-knit, mob-type groups (Jews, gays, cliques surrounding powerful moguls etc) and you need to affiliate yourself with one of those groups or be willing to perform favors on their behalf when they call on you if you want to have any type of career in entertainment.

He stops talking about basketball and gets into the industry stuff at 4:00.

Hollywood is ran by cabals of powerful people who you will owe in return for fame/success, if debts are not paid you and your career will be publicly vilified/torn down.

>don't even get mentioned in 2000s loser threads anymore

JUST

>just streams and works for Vince McMahon

Not a bad life, IMHO.

This guy was supposed to be the next big thing. What happened?

He made a movie with Paris Hilton. basically a career ender in the early 2k's.

He was all over the place since he was in Gilmore Girls three years before One Tree Hill. He was also in Dawson's Creek in between and was being drooled over during that, too.

After One Tree Hill you're right, he disappeared, but I wouldn't call twelve solid years of being a hearthrob "going nowhere". He had a good run.

JUST

Is that the chick from Dead Like Me?

holy fuck a time traveling frog

Yep

camron diaz ?

Rebecca Gayheart. She killed a man while she was drunk driving

Worth it. The blonde chick who replaced her way way hotter.

How do even literally who celebs get away with this shit?

wew

He was replaced by Channing Tatum

>On August 17, 2009, a nude video was posted on the website gawker.com that showed former Miss Teen USA contestant Kari Ann Peniche with Gayheart and husband Eric Dane.

Well, lads.

WHAT DID TRACEY DO ???

Tatum got lucky with Jump Street and Sony trying to establish a new film franchise.

He would have made a good young Bruce even with his weird chinese eyes.

Fucking hated him on West Wing.

>I don't want to be in your gay Batman movie, Christ
>Well FUCK you

She never fully recovered from being a puck slut either.

Once Avery called her out she was done.

Writes for Robot Chicken and is in a band with Tom Morello.

Road Trip is the only movie I can remember this guy in.

Interestingly enough, I found out that Murray was slotted to play Ryan Atwood in The O.C., but turned it down in favor of One Tree Hill. Imagine if he hadn't?