Does anybody actually love this team or are they just a good bandwagon to jump on once every 20 years...

Does anybody actually love this team or are they just a good bandwagon to jump on once every 20 years? Only times people have actually liked them are the past couple years and when they had Lemieux. Why do you think pens fans are such huge faggots? Everything their fans do just looks like children celebrating.

I liked them, always my second team along with the shorks

>the only times people cared was when they were good and also when they were good in the past and had a GOAT-tier player

way, waaaay more than what most teams in a lot of sports have

crosby, jagr and lemieux are all penguins and that's awesome

the team almost went bankrupt and had to relocate during the years they were near the bottom of the standings.

t. hal

So mad. Enjoy the 3peat.

Pens aren't even in the playoffs

it's extremely weird looking back at my childhood when the pens and caps were forever trash teams

Pittsburghers are the ultimate fair weather fans. See the Pirates, see how the Penguins almost got moved to the KC when they were awful. Pens got gifted Crosby in the lockout after taking Malkin 2nd the year before. Guess where the team that picked before then that year picked after the the lockout? Rigged is nothing short of underselling it.

>Lost to Colorado TWO TIMES
>Lost to Carolina
>Lost to Detroit
>Lost to Vancouver
>Not even in a wild card spot
>3peat
lmao

Flyers fan here.

I legitimately hope that the recent string of success the team has had with Crosby is enough to keep them in Pittsburgh after Crosby is gone and Lemieux decides to move on from ownership (which to be fair might be a long time)

Can't stand the Pens, but it's nice to have them around for rivalry's sake. No one wants the Kansas City Penguins

why would i get mad over facts?

oilels have been getting gifted top talent for years and years and years (including literally the next goat) and are STILL FUCKING GARBAGE

Who do you thinks gonna win the game tonight? My money's on Boston

>They were gifted Crosby after being gifted Malkin after being gifted Fleury!

McFleury had like 3 good seasons with the pens

>Past couple years

You are now aware that the 2008 cup final was 10 years ago.

Why are you so obsessed faggot?

>how dare people not spend their hard earned money supporting a baseball team with a penny pinching billionaire owner and 20 consecutive losing seasons

Just thought it'd be a good topic. Enjoy your team in 3 years when all your old players retire and you have no young talent because "we got crosby" even though he doesn't even show up to the games anymore

Fuck off we sat through a lot of shit hockey to get those draft picks.

The city collectively didn't. Nobody gave a fuck about the Pens between 92 and when Crosby was signed.

>no young talent

Half the team is fresh outta wilkesbarre scranton you clown.

Nope, people still watched. We don't support losers with ticket sales, but the team still maintained top local market ratings among all US teams. Sorry this doesn't fit your narrative, though.

Hardcore fans probably did, a majority of the city didn't.
Unless you live in Canada, Buffalo, or Minnesota if your NHL team is shit, no one watches it.

>Nope, people still watched
You got proof?

>We don't support our team when they lose
You're a terrible fan

>why win when people show up anyways

NHL is a gate-driven league so muh ratings don’t mean shit.

Fans still show up, or at the least watch the games.
Casual (fairweather) fans tune out the season.

That's not how a team thinks at all. You're the definition of fair weather.

Yes it is.

This isn't hollywood. It's hockey. They want to win. You look like an ass when you only show up when they're on a hot streak. Defend yourself all you want but you're an idiot. You should love your team regardless of how they're doing.

>in a salary capped league with a lotto draft system team's only motivation for winning is to draw in fans
Shittsburgh mentality everyone

no thats the perfect blueprint as a fan to make your team good. You tell teams to fuck off and dont give them direct dollars but still generally pay attention to them when they shit their pants and become a rabid fan when they git gud

Cucks like you are why teams like the Maple Leafs exist

Players and coaches want to win. Owners don't care.
Now go make a thread complaining about the Capitals, Blackhawks, and Bruins having bottom 5 attendance 10 years ago.

but toronto's actually good now

You're a fan when it's convenient. You don't care about the game or your city. You're one of the thousands of people that are pens fans all of the sudden. What a coincidence.

You aren’t making the playoffs at all with Murray being shook

What's been going on with him?

I knew Pittsburgh had a "all or nothing" mentality, but this is just sad. Wish the Pens had moved to KC desu, you don't deserve them with that attitude.

Good thing Jarry is elite

t. city of losers

Teams in the NHL rely heavily on ticket sales, way more than the other leagues. It absolutely matters if arenas arent getting filled up unlike the NFL

>Pens suck this year
>Pirates suck every year
>Steelers about to get buttfucked by Brady again
Nice "City of Champions" you got there. Just be happy the Pens didn't get moved to KC and the Pirates didn't get moved to Denver, with that mentality of yours neither will be there in a few years.

>most Super Bowls
>about to win 7th
>back-to-back Cups
>about to 3peat
Bruins had bottom 5 attendance 10 years ago :^)

>about to win 7th
Patriots and Vikings would like a word with you.
>3peat
>When your team lost back to back agains the Avalanche
lmao

>by far biggest fanbase
>first winning season since the lockout
>good
fuck off
Im from Columbus and hate the Pens blaccboi. You dont have to have a vested interest to have an opinion on something

Columbus had bottom 5 attendance 10 years ago as well.

I give the poo jackets 7 years before they collapse and relocate due to lack of fan support.

Everyone I've known my entire life is obsessed with the pens and I'm over the age of 30

t. pittsburgh resident

>a continously bottom 5 team from a small market had bottom 5 attendence
what a shock. it created desperation and now they are at least a consistent middle of the pack team

>consistent middle of the pack team
They're perrenial chokers right now, but if you're to be believed they'll be forced into a relocation once the old guard leaves and they go back to being a piss team. Even teams that were once good and now suck like the Avs can still pull enough heads to keep up rent.
Your desperation argument has proven to not work in some places as well, look at some of the past teams that relocated:

The 94-95 Nordiques were considered a cup contender before they moved, lost in the conference final
The North Stars had won a conference championship 3 years before moving to Dallas, and were in the playoffs the year after
The 95-96 Jets were in the conference finals and were a cup contender at one point
The Atlanta Flames were consistently in the playoffs during their run in Atlanta, even if they only made first round exits during their last 5.

There's a lot more that goes into how well a team is doing financially than door count, and there's more you can do to improve door count than winning.

I moved to Pittsburgh in 2016. Been a Pittsburgh sports fan for the past decade thanks to a former girlfriend.

>Steelers have fans worldwide due to their presence over the past few decades.
>Pirates, while not a great team currently, are a historic MLB team.
>Penguins had brought hockey love to the area after the slumps the team has experienced over the past few decades of team bankruptcy, cup wins, droughts of bad seasons, and icon players.

Pittsburgh is the City of Champions but it depends upon which sport you're referencing.

>Pittsburgh is the City of Champions
No that's quite literally Boston

The Pens fucking suck. "My glove fell off! Penalty!"

Reminder that ever since Brock Boeser exposed Murray, he's be RATTLED

young kids all over the country absolutely love cindy and the pens.

I cringe every time i see LGP! online. Fuck Malkin. Fuck Crosby. and Murray is 3rd line goalie that's somehow a starter.

this thread is the definition of SEETHING

Glad Murray could be bothered to finally show up to a game

>10-1
>To the memehawks

Preds Animeme homo loves them!