What are the cultural regions like in your country?

What are the cultural regions like in your country?

Not even close to American culture. Minnesota and East North Dakota is more like Canada.

In fact, the whole North region is vague and retarded.

You forgot Los

>tfw NYC

This is not even close

also:
>Philly
>part of NYC culture

>Sacramento is part of San Francisco for some reason instead of Central California
???????????????????

Atlantic Canada: Poor and simple folks with funny accents. Lots of unemployed people on welfare or pogey.

Quebec: Stereotypical French. They are rude and racist, but also lazy and demanding gibsmedat.

Toronto: Overpopulated multicultural wasteland. It has a nice downtown which is nice to visit, but you do not want to live in this city.

Ontario: America-lite. Pretty nice, tbqh.

Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta: This is redneck country. Also there are a lot of drunken natives.

Small-town BC: Same as above, but more scenic.

Vancouver and Victoria: Chinese and liberals errywhere.

EXCELLENT post xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I never understood why Minneapolis is an exception, but not any of the other large cities in the rural midwest.

>all of those west coast cultures
>the Midwest, Rockies, TN, and PA/upstate NY are the same thing
Get fucked

not perfect, but best one ITT

Because Omaha, KC and Des Moines are redneck trash factories and ghettos for poor blacks

The twin cities at least have some society beyond football

Why not call the Midwest the Great Lakes or the Rust Belt, and then just call the Rural Midwest the Midwest? Then Minneapolis can be the capital of the shitheap that is the Midwest.

South is fucked too, the part of florida I live in is not "the south". It's much more similar to west coast or midwest in terms of accent and culture

>It's much more similar to [...] midwest in terms of accent
This is never the case when non-Midwesterners say it.

>shitheap that is the midwest
we're better than the rust belt in basically every measurable way

>redneck trash factories
You've obviously never been to any of those cities before.

>muh maps and charts
I've lived in both parts of the Midwest, and they have the same dumb problems. At least there's something to do in the cities.

YOur divisions of the south are off. You cant just group states by what their political views are.
Georgia and SOuth Carolina should be with North Carolina and most of Virginia, except for the DC area. Maryland should be with the DC area, and you could group that in with New Jersey/PA.
Appalachians should extend further westward and parts of OHio, Pennsylvania and Maryland should be included.
You lack a Mormon region that encompasses Utah and Southern Idaho so thats points off.
Alright Im done

>the same dumb problems
but I don't get shot or robbed???

Neither have I. Have you ever been to the Great Lakes region? It's not all Detroit or the Chicago's west side.
And don't use question marks like a dick.

Is Alaska comfy to live for a southeast Asia man with a gf like myself?

Yeah, there's tons of southeast asians here, at least in the area I've marked New Seattle

The 'South' in Alaska? Don't believe it

t. Deep South

That map is fucking horrible. Stop posting it.

When the oil boom happened a lot of the oil workers who moved here and stayed were Texans. It's not purely southern, but the influence is too great to be ignored, and a lot of southerners end up here

Better map than yours. What the fuck is that blue one. Its like you ended up with leftover regions so you decided to group them all together.

the pnw doe NOT go down to san francisco

For real? I really love the cold and I'm about to get married and I wonder if Alaska is a good place to raise kids

Not bad, but the San Luis Valley and the Spanish Peaks corridor to Pueblo in Colorado should be part of NM.

A lot closer.

Plains, north woods and great lakes should be their own regions and the midwest should be expanded to Iowa/Missouri/Illinois/etc.

Also my map only includes culture of white people. Taking minorities into account complicates things

If you want them to have gfs of their own, then no, it's not. Personal experience there. In all other respects, generally yes

>Not even close to American culture.
Sounds like a huge plus.
>Minnesota and East North Dakota is more like Canada.
Considering Canada is a better country in all regards, more states should try to emulate these two states.

What do you mean? Is the population that low or is there no females, I just want not so hot summers and cold winters and a strong community

Why are you being rude?

Makes sense. My best friend worked in Prudhoe Bay on the pipeline for a while and I did some oil work in Houston and North Dakota last year.

New Mexico just kind of tapers off between Walsenburg and Castle Rock.

>Yakutat

Fucking kek.

There are no decent females here. I have yet to try a dating site, I may get around to it eventually, but it looks to me that anyone I could get a date with I'd have to fly a minimum of four hours to meet. All the girls here, and I don't exaggerate, are typical roasties if not worse, and there aren't any younger than 50 outside the cities.

Keeeeek.

The northern part of Pueblo West up by Fountain would be the northern tip. The landscape changes there, so it's a logical border region. It should also follow the Arkansas River Valley to La Junta.

all other maps BTFO

What the fuck did you do to Kansas

>GARY
>far west Chicago burbs
Fuck off.

Just going to drop this off here.

It comes from a book called
American Nations: A History of the Eleven Rival Regional Cultures of North America

Still the standard bearer t'bh

Too much Appalachia

annihilated it
it's the same fag

This is the most retarded one of them all, since it tries to do it by ancestry, which prretty much ignores minorities in each region.

>since it tries to do it by ancestry
You mean ancestral cultures which still have an effect on the regions today?

You're an asshole.

only valid map

why do you think your region is special? It's not, culturally or otherwise

Didn't say they didn't have an effect, but it differs to much from person to person to make it into a region.
For instance, Irish Catholics will obviously Identify with irish heritage regardless of where they are, region doesn't effect that. But a protestant with no french background in Louisiana isn't going to identify with the Cajun culture which appears on his map.
Summary: Ancestral culture differs from person to person, not region to region

this map isn't perfect, but it's at least not terrible. I think it was made based off phone data but I can't find the source. not sure if it was where people regularly went, or if it was where contacts lived so they judged that as a community

this is easily the worst map of its kind

No, it's not special. You're just 2 counties off in the west suburbs. Sangamon starts at Aurora.

>What do you mean? Is the population that low or is there no females,
Yes.

>I just want not so hot summers and cold winters and a strong community
Unless you're rich or a seasonal laborer, living in Alaska is a lifestyle. If you're the kind of person who likes spending hours outside in the rain, smoking you own salmon, the smell of dead marine life in the morning, rigging shrimp pots and working on outboard engines then SE Alaska is a garden of eden but if you're the kind of person who needs things like libraries, sunlight, Starbucks, live music and going out to eat then it's a lot like purgatory. Women also generally tolerate it worse than men. There are some exceptions, most of them notable, but if your girl isn't already an outdoor nut then Alaska will probably break her and probably your relationship

>The northern part of Pueblo West up by Fountain would be the northern tip. The landscape changes there, so it's a logical border region. It should also follow the Arkansas River Valley to La Junta.
No, not really. If we're getting that picky then we should count the mountains (including down into the Taos/Angel Fire/etc. region) as the southern rockies, the southern western slope as the great basin, the I-25 corridor up to roughly AFA as New Mexico and east of the I-25 corridor as the southern plains. It's hard to describe well because the fucking plains drift west as you move north and follow the river. You might have to drive east for hours to hit the plains in the far south but between AFA and Castle Rock they creep up all the way across the highway and up to the mountains.

Got a semi reading your description of Alaska. How anyone couldn't enjoy living there is beyond me.

Just the state divides

We're all pretty similar, especially New South Welshmen and Victorians.
Western Australians and South Australians have gone a bit weird because of their isolation though

Southeast NH and Maine do NOT belong lumped in with Massholes. We are Northern New England.

it's an isolationist lifestyle

>How anyone couldn't enjoy living there is beyond me.
It's expensive, lonely and often inconvenient.

I wasn't saying that it should strictly follow geographic lines. It's just that the cultural and geographic boundaries work well together where I'd described. Basically anything outside of the i25 corridor and the Arkansas Valley is Kansas.
I don't really disagree with your suggestions, either. That's a weird, mixed up area.

I can't tell the difference between someone from Manchester, NH and someone from Boston.
t. Vermonter

That map is congressional districts

Mostly good but the district in the Southern part of South Carolina should be with Carolina. It contains Beaufort and parts of Columbia which are integral parts of the old south

Great Lakes should go from Milwaukee to Buffalo. Chicago, Cleveland, Detroit, and Pittsburgh should be the same region.

>I wasn't saying that it should strictly follow geographic lines. It's just that the cultural and geographic boundaries work well together where I'd described.
Oh, okay then. I misunderstood.

>Basically anything outside of the i25 corridor and the Arkansas Valley is Kansas.
Absolutely.

>I don't really disagree with your suggestions, either. That's a weird, mixed up area.
All of Colorado is. You have the southwest, the southern Rockies, the northern Rockies, the northern Plains, the great Basin and Texas/Oklahoma all coming together in a fucking mess. If you're in Leadville then you could be in Missoula, if you're in Limon you could be in Bismarck, if you're in Walsenburg then you could be anywhere in Oklahoma or west Texas, if you're in Cortez then you could be in Sedona and if you're in Grand Junction then you could be anywhere between the Grand Canyon and the Tri-Cities in Washington.

>and the midwest should be expanded to Iowa/Missouri/Illinois
yes to Iowa but not you're wrong on the other two.

>Gary
>not Chicagoland

That's exactly why Texans, Californians, and Midwesterners can all fall in love with the same state.

>why yes, I am of the Chesapeake culture, pleased to meet you
shitty meme map

p sure chicago is already its own state on that map and Gary just surrounds it

>That's exactly why Texans,
Texans consistently complain about everything here.

>Californians, and Midwesterners can all fall in love with the same state.
Those two groups are rarely found outside of the Denver metro area and/or (in the case of the rich ones) mountain meme towns like Durango, Steamboat and Aspen.

but Gary is so small compared to Aurora, Joliet, Naperville even fucking Elgin is bigger.

it's just wrong calling it Gary if half the people dont even know where Gary is.

>Texans consistently complain about everything here.

Hey it's what we do alright

But Texas is pretty gay. They're just better at hiding it.

>Gay
Only in Austin

>coloring in the great lakes as states
I knew Texans were stupid, but fuck man.

>tfw nameless shade of green

>"North"

People like to talk about all of the cultural divides in the US, but do these regions actually differ in anything beyond surface level culture like say, the things listed in this picture?

yes

>western Kupreanof
>south 2
Why is it unique?

yes and only suburban teenagers living in noculture states ever feel the need to ask this

That's a mistake, it should be brown

Why do Americans never shut the fuck up about their diversity.
> We all speak the same language and have less regional accents than England but did you know the country was populated by immigrants diversity

jealous hands typed this post

ignore the aussie shit poster, their country is a heap

Could you explain them? Not trying to be confrontational just curious.

how long have you lived in this country?