>It's bad because it's not a catoon!

Grow up, kid.

Meh, I'll give it a shot.

>Get a nigger to play a pale white guy

>Nigger L
>Faggy tryhard hipster Light
>Those comical scenes of Light running from the police
>Dat hanging from a Ferris Wheel

This is Dragon Ball: Evolution all over again. Might even be worse since this crap doesn't even seem like it has that 'so bad it's good' factor.

I hate Hollywood.

Have never been more glad at never buying a Netflix.

>making a death note show like ten years after it was so popular

Netflix' "let's find and exploit every niche" tactic really starting to piss me off

Ugh.

TBF it was originally in development at Warner Brothers before Netshitx bought it off them.

It had been "in development" for the better part of a decade.

I think of it more as a "what if" story

as in "what if death note was condensed into 1 (one) movie and recast to contain ugly americans"

Willem Dafoe as Ryuk is awesome though

Agreed. Dafoe as Ryuk is the ONE noteworthy aspect.

Might pirate this piece of shit for him.

They are obviously changing the story and characters quite a bit and it doesn't seem to have that Gothic horror/thriller vibe at all. It might turn out ok regardless though.
The ryuk reveal and Willem are fucking perfect though

Literally the only good thing about it.

>Netflix
It's going to be Avatar the last Airbender the movie bad.

I thought the exact same thing when I watched the teaser. For some reason the action scenes seemed off to me. Plus they didn't show Ryuku in the teaser which could be a ... tease or them trying to hide bad CGI. Anyway we should wait for the trailer.

>Dafoe as Ryuk

Holy mother of god.

>a black guy and a chinlett jew play 2 japs
>white people blamed

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA WTF

They cast a black guy as L

>Margaret Qualley

Isn't she the one who gets blacked in that show The Left Overs?

This image is outdated right? No fucking way they would have the balls to have white americans with last names Yagami or Amane.

why do they have japanese names?

>turning the pale, sickly, scrawny, scruffy haired NEET Otaku detective into a negroid "chad"
>turns the actual chad into a gangly loser

it's Light Turner and Mia Sutton now

It's Light Turner. I forget Misa... probably Missy Goldfarb or something.

Fuck, they are ruining anime

The anime sucked. Good idea bad execution. This has potential to be better than the source material.

>This has potential to be better than the source material.
No it fucking doesn't.

>obligatory kissing scene
>people jumping around for no raisins
I hate it already

Should I bother watching the anime I like EVA but I hate the art style of death note

evil whitey

>for no raisins
>he doesn't remember the kino fight scene between Light and L in the hotel room

>normie anime gets butchered by normie filmmakers
nothing of value lost

No read the manga

Language please.

Death Note Manga > Death Note "Anime"

>hasn't seen the movie
>knows everything about the movie.

Man you're a faggot.

this

all you weebs mad

>Anime
>Source Material

>whitewashing BAD
>blackwashing GOOD

Death Note is edgy 2deep4u trash and i wouldn't be surprised if the movie is better than the anime and manga.

>netflix
>hollywood
hahaaHHAAHAHA

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

Please don't watch this, just watch the based anime

Don't give these fucking companies a chance to destroy what good Japanese media we have

You should. Only Chinese cartoon I've ever actually enjoyed.

could you be anymore of an anime loving faggot? I hate people like you

>Deathnote
>Based
>Literally plot armor the characters
Weebs need to be gased.

Honestly, watch the latest Japanese TV adaption they did. The first episode is meh, but if you've seen or read the source, you'll love it, especially with the new twists.

Seriously, it's actually surprisingly good.

that kid is way too ugly to play Light, isnt Light supposed to be a conventionally attractive athletic charming chad nobody would suspect is actually a mass murderer? the guy in this looks exactly like the kind of weirdo loser with no friends that you would expect to shoot up a kindergarten

Are those men or women on the right?

>Don't give these fucking companies a chance to destroy what good Japanese media we have
Yup. I don't want it to be treated like comic books. Luckily anime will always have stigma about it.

L is cute! CUTE!

Yup, they fucked it all up

He's a good actor.

ya but those actors look like an anime

This is what I dont fucking get with you guys. Why the hell would you want live action to look corny and trying to seem like the anime? It just comes off as fake. The main things this american adaptation seems to be getting right is how real and normal it looks. Why don't weebs get this? Why do you want live action to look like a cartoon? Who cares the characters look different.

literally all asians look exactly the same

L is very entertaining in this. He pretty much calls out Light all the time.

Because I don't want a "normie" friendly version.

This looks terrible. Just like the anime.

The one on the far right is a woman playing a male character. Serious.

>Because I don't want a "normie" friendly version.

its more about it looking autistic then normie. Get out your comfort zone friendo

Was The Guest a fluke? Everything else Adam Wingard has made has been so bad. Can't wait to see how he fucks up the I Saw the Devil remake.

>every live action adaptation of this series refuses to keep Mira as a blonde qt

REEEEEEEEEEEEE

I'm legit upset about this because the anime is godtier

Japan said she was too fat for the 2015 TV series.

jesus

>Anime
>Based

Don't even read Jap comic books so I have nothing to compare it to, but it was fucking awful after the first few episodes.

Pacing isn't there outside of a few self-contained arcs, character 'development' was shit outside of L, and the whole thing dragged out for far too long.

The whole thing would've been better if it was the finale to a series about L being autistic and solving crimes only to get rekt by fucking supernatural shit that he didn't know existed and finally trusting someone.

You're next, and VHS were good. But The Guest was his best movie

Hinako is cute. CUTE!

>not blonde

into the incinerator it goes

Anime is already shit you fuckig manchild

This

>inb4 butthurt weebs

Death Note was always shit. As long as America doesn't try to fuck up REAL anikino I'm fine.

boku no pico*

If they're going to make it based off the original story please at least make sure Light is the villain and do the fight between Light and L correctly.

If it's not based on that then there's no point. That's what made Death Note so good, not the Death Note itself.

Is that actually that good?

Aside from the occasional Netflix series, older show and sitcom sometimes, I don't really watch many live action TV shows anymore. I just watch anime.

>TWD Negan cliffhanger pissed me off and I barely watched any episodes this season
>Lost interest in AOS, Arrow, Flash etc
>Haven't bothered finishing GOT

The movie is gonna suck but I'll still watch it anyway. Death Note is one of my favorite chinese cartoons.

The original script from a few years ago (before Netflix got it) had Light feel remorse when he was caught and regret his actions.

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

she got blacked???? must have been on season 2
only saw season one and that is some fucking bullshit

>that many likes
What the fuck is wrong with people?

they know kino unlike you

It's not edgy or deep.
It's pretty simple to understand. The MC has a God complex and justifies his killing because he wants to make the world a better place, and the world's greatest Detective needs to find out who he is even though all he has to go on is that can kill with just a face and name from anywhere in the world.

No characters have plot armor.

Those actors are trash because the anime L is from London so he is white and Black is from America and he is like 14

It's actually good. Pretty well set up and excellently paced, it is essentially a take on Faust. The show gets "dark" but it's not just reliant on stupid shock value like, say, Attack on Titan.

It's all on Netflix. Watch the show and then Rebellion, the third movie, if you want more.

Already ruined it.
What's with movies and forcing you to have sympathy for main characters.

>Kills his own Dad just to kill one guy that knew who he was
>Kills most of the US FBI agents working against him
>Plans to kill all his fellow cops, the rest of the FBI agents and rule the world
>Remorse
Ruined it.

Why are most upvoted comments whining about white washing light but not black washing L?

tfw just googled it

This looks bad. Especially that cut to the wide shot of the ferris wheel bending or whatever that was. Looks like summer blockbuster trash with big special effects.

I guess I hate both weebshit and Americanized weebshit.

>not fapping to boku no pico

lol what a faggot

>Sup Forums when a non-white character is played by a white actor
what's the problem? fucking SJWs, why does anybody care, it doesn't matter that they're white

>Sup Forums when a white character is played by a non-white actor
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Ya know, Light is supposed to be attractive

They should have made Light Zac Efron desu.

too roided out

youtube.com/watch?v=XrpdFmb0EMc

>margaret qualley
hell yea

Anyone read the comments? All niggers upvoted for whining about white washing. They don't even know L is a nigger.

>pathetic freaks crying because there's a nigger in the adaptation of their cartoon for edgy 13 year olds
top kek

>The ryuk reveal and Willem are fucking perfect though
fuck yes

wew it looks like shit, they fucked it up for no reason.