CANADA YES

Canadians can now be acquitted of rape if the rapist believes it was his right to rape the victim

Other urls found in this thread:

torontosun.com/2017/10/19/ontario-politicians-condemn-quebecs-bill-62
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

don't be culturally insensitive

>In a written ruling, Ontario Superior Court Justice Robert Smith said the Crown failed to prove that the accused had formed the required criminal intent — mens rea — to sexually assault his wife in 2002.

>“I find that the accused probably had sex with his wife on many occasions without her specific consent, as both he and she believed that he had the right to do so,” Smith said.

>However, the judge ruled the man was not guilty of sexual assault because the Crown had failed to establish that he knew his behaviour was, in fact, criminal.

>The decision, issued earlier this week, followed a five-day trial in June.

>The man was part of an arranged marriage in Gaza. His wife, a Palestinian who grew up in Kuwait, lived in Ottawa and the family settled in this city.

>She testified that during their marriage, she considered it her obligation to have sex with her husband. Often, she told court, she did not consent, but they both believed it was his right.

Wew

you didn't read the article did you?

>the judge ruled the man was not guilty of sexual assault because the Crown had failed to establish that he knew his behaviour was, in fact, criminal.

You need to kill Trudeau now before it's too late

I know there's an expression about ignorance of the law but I'm too dumb and american to remember it.

This actually a good thing. Women's rights are the reason why Western culture is dying.

The "journalist" probably just misinterpreted the ruling because they have no legal background and try to clickbaitify their articles with erroneous and provoking assertions.

I knew they were muslims.

>rape
>must be a male
Fuck off and die.

Every time I see some political happening here it's like watching your grandfather fall down the stairs.

I think the issue here was that they both agreed they should fuck even though the wife didn't want it. At least they tried to justify it, it's not like yurop where some random african can rape and get off scot-free just because diversity.

That's good.
>go to have sex with someone
>they agree to it, either implicitly or explicitly
>later they deny that they did
>the "rapist" still believed that they consented, therefor the intent was not for rape
Without this basically every man that has sex subjugates himself to a woman, in that she can ruin his entire life with just a casual claim, and often have him unjustly imprisoned/fined.

This. All women should be locked up in chains and turned into slaves. Cut out their clits and take away their right to work, vote, etc.

Finn has wisdom of the falcon :DDD wtf there is no such thing as a """"sexual assault"""" of your own wife

hey now he paid good money for that woman if shes too lazy to go through with what she promised he should at least get his money back. An arranged wife that doesn't wife is a faulty product

>that flag
>promoting divorce

So they both agreed it was his right to diddle with her because of their goatfucker culture yet she still tried to sue him for rape?

>no even islam can fix women
kek

Who even reported the rape to the authorities? Seems like the woman was okay with it

The woman did after learning she didn't have to consent.

>they both believed it was his right
so she let him
it's not fucking rape if you let them rape you, even if they are brown, faggots

the problem is more in the wording of the verdict than the verdict itself. it's clearly not rape, she let him have sex with her, but him not knowing it could be considered rape should have nothing to do with it

ontarians also try to tell us how to run our province, this is why we should be our own country
torontosun.com/2017/10/19/ontario-politicians-condemn-quebecs-bill-62
we have no lessons to take from you, cunts

Yeah, the ambiguity of it is fucky. A reduced sentence would be more apt than having him go without punishment.