Thinking of moving to Seattle

Any bros from Seattle?!
I know its a liberal paradise but I don't mind the hipsters. I'm thinking of moving due to the weather (I know it's cloudy but I would rather have no sun than heat waves and sub zero cold)

Any tips about the city? It looks very clean and minority free (I don't mind the Asians)

It's not that bad, there's a lot of obnoxious leftards but who cares what they think. It's a pretty cool city if you can stomach the degeneracy, maybe you'll even enjoy it depending on personal preference. Gorgeous location and chill weather year round, not far from some quality nature in any direction.
Word of warning, it's pretty expensive and you're gonna have to budget pretty wisely if you don't want to end up living with a fuckload of potentially sketchy roomates. Also, people here tend to be kind of autistic and reserved sometimes, so it's not always the easiest place to make friends, but there's a lot of good people here so don't get immediately discouraged because it takes awhile for folks here to open up.

Also, stay away from the southeast part of town, that's where most of the niggers are concentrated.

Pretty much spot on. Stay north of the University of Washington though to avoid dinus and spics. North of the UW, it's like 95% white and Asian.

interesting. I am planning to work there as a dentist and coming from Chicago nigger problem there will seem relatively non-existant.

How is that rain, I heard that between October and March it rains every freaking day?

Also is Capital Hill expensive to live? It seems pretty hip and close to downtown.

What are neighborhoods to check out?

Doesn't necessarily rain everyday, but it does rain a shitload during those months.

As for rents, yes, Capitol Hill is expensive because that's the gay area of the city, then again it's an expensive city. If you are a dentist and can afford it, do some research just to the east across the lake in Bellevue. It's about a 30 minute drive to downtown Seattle from there and mostly upper middle class white area. Think downtown Seattle but without niggers or homeless. If you can afford it, I'd strongly consider Bellevue if i were you.

Fuck off. My rent is already high enough. Everyone from the fucking midwest and california moves here. It's annoying as fuck.

GO SOMEWHERE ELSE WERE FULL

It's a nice little city that has a cozy ambiance to it. The people are ultra liberal as you probably already knew, but you feel pretty safe there considering the majority of people are whites & asians, so it's very docile and settled. It does rain a lot, especially lately even though it's July.

But keep in mind that Seattle is going through one of it's largest booms in decades, the amount of super tall buildings they're constructing is insane ever since Amazon moved in buying up property. Many people from San Francisco are moving up here because the prices in comparison are a fraction of the cost, and Seattle is known to be a very sophisticated tech city... basically the younger brother of Silicon Valley. So the cost of living there is going up is what i'm trying to say.

Yeah pretty much

When people complain about Seattle, they forget that just 15 minutes away lies the great city of Bellevue. Very nice and fairly wealthy, property is expensive yes but not as much so as Seattle.
It's a pretty nice place to live and if you want a family a great place for that too. Good people. The only shitskins here are pooinloos but they all segregate themselves for some reason and you will mostly see them on their commutes (to a nearby Microsoft building)
Really, living in Bellevue makes the rest of the country feel like a different country. I've talked to a number of people here who have grown up here as I have and they agree.
Can answer more questions if you like.

Lol. This Seattle is white meme needs to end. Downtown is full of blacks and South Seattle is full of Mexicans aside from Rainer Beach.

Are you coming from California? If so stay the fuck out. We don't need more of you tech scum.

West Seattle user here, pretty great neighborhood for living, absolutely horrible if you have to commute to anywhere else. Alki beach is very active in the summer.

You better have a good idea of where exactly your workplace will be, because commuting anywhere is an absolute nightmare, especially if you have to go through downtown.

I've lived in West Seattle my whole life, but attended a high school in North Seattle/Greenlake neighborhood area. At least 45min of driving at 6:30am to go there, 2hr bus ride home during rush hour.

Go live near UW or Lake Washington, plenty of friendly whites and asians who make lots of money

Best donuts I've ever had.

Depressing, cloudy or rainny
Eastern washington is much better.

King County is a shit hole full of niggers and degenerates.

The rest of the state is white and awesome

Bellevue dude here, born and bred. I am content.

Actually, I think if you look at the stats, it rains more in the SE that is does in Seattle, but we get clouds off the Pacific and don't have the Mnts to filter em like the Eastside of the state gets. But it is a different world on that side of the state.

mexicans are based though, practically white

You may have missed the part where he was asking about Seattle, not your eastfag desert

Pretty much anyone living in the valleys of Auburn, Kent, and Renton... oh and Tacoma. I call that the gutter of washington because everyone there pretty much dresses like a Juggalo which is so depressing. It's trash of every race of every kind.

It's nice isn't it? I love this mild summer we're having. I thought it would go on for a week but it's been about a month now of mild weather. Actually chilly in the night.

>has a cozy ambiance to it
nah. its chock full of liberals and hipsters

I'm currently trying to gentrify Tukwila. I'm proudly displaying my Trump sign and I've gathered up a fair number of bad goyim via TRS forums. Interested?

A true Puget Sounder loves the rain, as do I.

Yes it has been, I was expecting a scorcher but so far, mild. It is not bringing as many hotties too the pool but hopefully things pick up by Seafair weekend..it damn well better. I live off the pool..part of my enjoyment getting to wfh fulltime.

I know dude I hope it starts dumping once October hits.

fuck this gay ass state why the fuck is it so humid here eat my ass jews

It's amazing how trashy the south end is. Nobody cares about their appearance.

Good luck my man. I saw a dude driving on I-5 with a Trump sticker and I gave him the thumbs up.

My nigga

it sucks. I live here.
unless you're making 100k+ get used to living near heroin infested niggers

South side Piercefag checking in. All I've got to say is my kids go to elementary school with ZERO black kids and a couple mexis.

Sup WA bros. just moved to the udistrict in Seattle. I live in a shitty little ally with homeless niggers living in a car next to my apartment building. It's fucking annoying. Good thing I am strapped and my based neighbor fucking hates them as much as I do

Why did all of the seattle spics move to Lynnwood? Please take them back we dont really want them here

Seattle is becoming another Silicon Valley.

Google's 3rd largest headquarters in the world is in the Seattle area, that should give folks an idea of how prominent the city has become. Also Amazon is building its new headquarters downtown, these is what it will look like. Jeff Bazos pretty much owns the city now.

Is Edmonds better?

OP here, everyone is moaning about the public transportation but you guys do have light rail and buses. I am a very BIG public transportation guy, so with the rail expanding will it be fine to get anywhere in the city?

Also what neighborhoods would you say are hip filled with young professionals with cafes and restaurants? [think: Brooklyn, NY; Wicker Park, Chicago]

>I can see my house from here!

Rainy weather is best weather.

Like all of them.

>Capitol Hill
>Ballard
>Fremont
>Queen Anne
>Columbia City

If a Lahar kills you, don't say the Geologists didn't warn you.

Dude... I hate to break it to ya, but the light rail won't ever reach anywhere near Tacoma, let alone Federal Way. They plan on creating a Des Moines station... but that's at least 5-7 years off if we're lucky. However they're about to open up a station just south of the airport at Angel Lake area which will have over a thousand parking spaces. I fucking love the light rail because I hate driving to Seattle, I researched for hours trying to figure out if or when the light rail will get extensions.

But in about 5-7 years driverless taxi services will be damn near everywhere so the light rail won't even be necessary anymore.

any specific intersection of the hipster mecca? I want to lurk around on google maps without spending hours.

of the 5 you listed which one do you enjoy best?

driverless taxis still get stuck in traffic

There's a huge vote for ST3 this year. If you really researched for hours, it literally would have been the first search result.

Yes, however the more driverless cars on the road the more data will feed into the mapping system giving us better travel time accuracy.

Hows Bremerton lads?
Moving to Seattle for a job and was told that its a pretty decent part of town

Capitol Hill is the counterculture area, complete with rainbow colored crosswalks and gays everywhere. Loooots of restaurants and bars. The Amazon bros go here on the weekends and it makes the artists and degenerates butthurt. This is the hipster epicenter you are thinking of.

I really dig Ballard but it's quickly becoming overpopulated and insanely expensive. It used to be the quiet blue collar fishing neighborhood. Also a real pain in the ass to get to I-5.

Greenwood is underrated in my opinion. Queen Anne is too yoga and whole foods for me. Fremont is pretty cool. Georgetown is kind of a steampunk area, also underrated. West Seattle is family-oriented and quiet. I fucking hate the U-district.

Made me realize how race really is the most important thing. Everyone here is a fullblown leftist piece of shit but they still exhibit white traits, they still have a sense of community with each other and are all nice and shit. No matter how pozzed a place is it is still better if it is only white people doing the pozz

+you can wear full milsurp BDUs and a trump hat and people will think you're being ironic
+OK coffee
+perfect weather
+gorgeous mountains
+gorgeous woods and shit, if you're an innawoods dude
+good public transport
+dick's burgers are fucking godly

-hipsters
-airplanes go overhead semi-frequently
-fucking city politics

to summarize politics in Seattle
>more free shit!
>tax property
>rents too high, action now!

Seattle is quickly becoming the new SF in the worst ways possible. Get in while you still can.

Ugly women with bad attitudes, everywhere you go. And the city and county are run by women. Victimhood factor is off the fucking charts.

Pro tip - unlike probably everywhere else, the prettiest girls usually have the most agreeable personalities.

My friend goes to UW and she said it's filled with Asians. Is that why you hate it?

Seattle is shit. Move just outside of it.

Just realized their plan for ST3 would cost 53 BILLION dollars. What a fucking waste of money. I love the light rail and all... but jesus christ, the amount of taxes and HOV lanes required for that would be astronomical. In the end it fucks us over.

There are tons of Asians, yes, but the "Ave" is super dumpy and filled with junkies. It's a garbage college neighborhood and traffic sucks in the area.

I'm in Redmond, tons of Muzzies and Asians. Not having sun for months in a row doesn't agree with my body moving east.

Please kill yourself before getting to the voting booth

>mexicans are based though, practically white
lmao no one believes that paco

SF boasts about inequality... yet ended up created one of the most unequal places in the world. Ironic isn't it?

kys we are already full

>Ugly women with bad attitudes, everywhere you go

This is true. There's a fairly large shortage of single ladies here so every bitch thinks she's a 7/10 and has at least 3 orbiters in addition to a bf.

Seattle bros how accurate is this map?

I love the rail as well. It's a real bummer it will take until like 2045 to complete, and by then the area will be overrun by californians and traffic will be at a standstill.

Not as bad as Portland girls, who are literally the ugliest female population on the West Coast.

I just sold my house in Edmonds. Made bank. Lots of old people but beautiful views of the Sound and a fun little downtown. Not much homeless west of 99. People in King county talk trash about it because they're jealous. I kind of miss it.

Accurate except for NE Seattle.

Edit: Smear shit all over it

>Also, people here tend to be kind of autistic and reserved sometimes, so it's not always the easiest place to make friends, but there's a lot of good people here so don't get immediately discouraged because it takes awhile for folks here to open up.

To addon to your warning, they don't really change either after they open up to you, they still stay autistic and obnoxious.

Still good people despite their dumbass politics.

I'm excited to purchase a (still mostly) affordable home in Olympia within the next year or so and watch the property value triple as all your poor minwagefags who work in seattle start having to relocate down here just so they can pay less than 75% of their wages to rent. Keep up the good work Bezos, you're funding my early retirement!

I'm goddamned homeless because of this fucking shit and people like OP. I wish you all would kys so I could actually afford to live somewhere without having to depend on splitting rent with some bitch.

The "Where" area is a bit of a generalization. Bothell, Kenmore, and Juanita are starting to develop into nice white upper middle class areas.

Worst place I've ever lived. Everyone is depressed and cranky at all times.

I live in Covington and it's pretty nice here.

Yeah, in about 10 years vast majority of people in Seattle will be the rich just like San Francisco. The poor have to go somewhere.

Bremerton is across the sound. If you are working in Seattle then expect hours of driving/taking a ferry.
That being said, the real estate and rent is a lot cheaper, but has a lot of obnoxious military fags because of the naval base.

Pretty accurate.
But all of downtown should just be "bums + libcucks + asians"

There are better things to complain about than educated white people with money. Gentrification is a wonderful thing.

Also, the women here are totally fucked. They are super selfish and self righteous and have no moral center.

if you have Celiac disease, it's basically the promised land as far as food goes.

also, the people there are pretty timid, or so it seemed to me. never met any crazy SJW types when i went there, but i'm sure they exist.

>Tukwila

How's the mall doing? I remember seeing it a few years after its renovation and I thought "Boy this looks nice but it seems like a waste of effort due to online eating retail alive."

i'll be moving there in the fall. give me your contact info if you want to chill.

I think in less than 5 years a basic universal income will be given to people, by next year the topic will hit the mainstream news. By 2018 it'll be in strong consideration backed by the tech elite because they're pushing hard for robotic automation and artificial intelligence. New housing developments will be designed to be super dirt cheap, for example in New York they're using new module stackable homes (however not cheap because it's New York City). People in the 2020s won't even need a car anymore because corporations will provide you a driverless car service for dirt cheap.

The future is NEET.

>New York they're using new module stackable homes (however not cheap because it's New York City).
Housing in cities will never be cheap unless they go all out with it, which will never fucking happen because landlords hold far too much sway with local governments.

Any other Tacoma bros?

Its a total fucking shithole

live here if you want all the pitfalls of living in a larger city with none of the benefits.

-the traffic is literally third world, the public transit is underdeveloped and unlikely to be remedied in the near or distant future, city has just given up and is forcefully trying to make everyone bike
-the food is underwhelming in almost all cuisines barring a few exceptions, and all of it is overpriced. everywhere I eat here i just think of a better version of it i had for less money in some other city
-the weather is lousy, and i like dreary and rainy. but it actually isnt that cool in the summer, nor that warm in the winter, and the winter is basically extended fall, so its just like 6 months of nonstop everything is dead. spring is lovely though.
-i'm going to reiiterate that the traffic is absolutely fucking horrendous, LA is literally the only city in the US with actually worse traffic, ignore those lying surveys. unless you work half a mile from where you live.
-honestly, for its size, the city is pretty underwhelming for shit to do, unless you like going to liberal pet causes. the city is culturally irrelevant so nothing actually happens here
-its not SF expensive, but its pretty damn expensive

pros
it's leftism is suprisingly muted from what you hear. outside the occasional limp-dick protest parade, most people are pretty quiet about politics, and you can find plenty of liberals who will talk about how outrageously far the left has gone.
(exception: capitol hill, dont go here unless you like literal rainbow flag crosswalks and a tranny on every streetcorner)
-location, you're in the western third of the country, so that improves everything off the bat. lots of outdoorsy things to do. the rest of washington and rural oregon are far more politically reasonable.

dont live here, unless you view larger population as an actually good thing, portland has almost everything seattle does, but better.

quite

>waste literally 4 hours a day commuting

I live next door to Tacoma. The downtown area is nice and all the way up to Dashpoint, 6th Ave is kinda nice too, but anything near the mall is a literal ghetto shithole. Basically Tacoma has a nice mask but deep inside it's internally fucked by the poor.

100%

Very. Bellevue is more rich coke heads though, and where the Jersey shore type queers go to shop and party on the weekends.

Mercer really is the 1%. White is the minority. Mostly jews, and lots of Asians.

I've been living in tacoma for more than 2 years. If you're from a place with 4 seasons stay the fuck away. It will drive you mad.

The light rail system currently runs from SeaTac Airport to the University of Washington. It will extend to Northgate mall by 2021. The bus system is pretty decent. 10-15 minute commute from the Roosevelt area to downtown Seattle, and i can get pretty much anywhere i need to go

The North end is fantastic, South Tacoma gets ghetto as fuck. I like it, it's easy to avoid the filth.

Plus pic related is best park

I'm a UBI optimist and I still don't see it happening sooner than 15 years out. Necessity will make it a reality sooner than people think, but ideology (clinging to the work ethic defense and crabpot demonization of the underemployed) will keep it from becoming a reality for much longer than it ought to.

The 2020s are going to be very, very lean.

Good luck getting to work every day when the alaskan way viaduct comes falling down soon.

The tunnel is going to take years to finish, if ever.

Last time the viaduct closed due to an accident, it took people who got off work at 5pm until 1:00 am to get home to north Seattle. That was with it reopening at 8pm.

Takes 30 minutes tops.

My complaints aside, any of you people here thawed enough to wanna hang out?

In Tacoma I stay north of 6th ave as much as possible. North end/point defiance/ proctor. All so comfy. Everywhere else is a shithole though.

Yeah, we should have a meetup.

This user speaks truth. Moved here 3.5 months ago after having spent time in the east coast and Texas, trying to get out ASAP.

My impressions so far:
-People actively avoid making eye contact with you on the sidewalk
-People seem passive-aggresively angry at the world
-Trump supporters skinned alive
-You're not hep if you don't have a social-justice crusade against society
-West coast mentality that rest of the country is idots
-Super market cashiers are infuriatingly slow