I made a promise, Mister Frodo. A promise! 'Don't you leave him Samwise Gamgee.' And I don't mean to! I don't mean to

I made a promise, Mister Frodo. A promise! 'Don't you leave him Samwise Gamgee.' And I don't mean to! I don't mean to.

The books did it better. Frodo decided on his own that he needs to leave and that the Ring is solely his burden to carry, he wasn't told by Aragorn to run. That being said, the scene at Amon Hen was great!

Why didn't they kiss? WHY?

DONT YOU KNOW WERE AT WAAARR!?

Fuck off Christopher

>samwise
>lefou
Why can't the master-servant relationship be recognized as asexual by Hollywood? What's with them always making it gay?

;_;

Best of the trilogy, hands down.

Well if I told you why would you call me a nazi?

I've thought up an ending for my book. "'And he lived happily ever after, to the end of his days.'"

The books are garbage compared to the movies. Tolkien obsesses over details to the detriment of the plot (similar problem to Victor Hugo in some parts of his works). The story of LotR is fantastic, but Tolkien didn't do a good job of telling it in a cohesive narrative. He did a better job with The Hobbit though.

>similar problem to Victor Hugo
Wait, have you read the original Hugo or are you going off the garbage translations?

1) The books aren't garbage

2) You're correct in the fact that the Hobbit was the superior LotR universe book

Which makes it ten times as sad what Hackson let happen to it.

Oh shut the fuck up, dude.

As bad as they were, that's the best he had to work with after they let other people fuck up the movies before he got there. It's not as if he directed that shit from the beginning.

He was on board when they decided on turning two movies in to three for the extra shekels.

The fact that he didn't drop out of that shitfest right there shows that he was on board for the money.

In Les Miserables, Hugo goes on and on about the sewer system for like a whole chapter, and gets obsessed about the battle scenes and the specific details of the battle to the point that it reads more like a history lesson than the story, and even the story of the priest in the beginning of the book went on for a bit too long. Although Les Miserables is still a masterpiece because Hugo creates incredible characters and is obviously a brilliant writer and storyteller (he just obsesses over the details at certain points). And yeah I read the original translation by Wilbour (I don't speak French).

I recommend seeing the extended edition of the last hobbit movie. When I saw the final Hobbit movie in the theater, I thought it was incredibly disappointing and edited poorly, but the extended edition actually improves the movie quite a bit. Worth looking into.

These digressions are an artform, and though you didn't appreciate them, many were inspired by them. Including notable artists such as Ayn Rand, Terry Goodkind, and Robert Jordan.

>the quality of something depends on the translation

and that's why visual art is superior to written art
and movies with a lot of dialogue are for plebs too

Oh Sam

I appreciated the extended diversions immensely, I just think it got to be overindulgent at times. Still love Victor Hugo though.

>I don't want to say I told you so, but ...

>longwinded hack writers
>"artists"

kek
KEK
K E K

>I said "potatoes," Einstein! What, are you deaf?

>terry goodkind
Jesus, that guy... I liked some of his stuff but man he's got serious issues

>ctrl+f "taxes"
>0 results

What a time to be alive.

Yeah, the part where Alfred got shot into the trolls mouth, after Gandalfs staff stopped working was my favorite!
Hella epic!

The whole chariot scene that they included in the extended edition was fantastic (I don't know why they cut it out, it actually makes their transition from the battle to the top of the mountain make sense), and some of the extra bits of dialogue were necessary. But yes Alfred's death was a bit silly and I understand why that wasn't in the theatrical release.

Also forgot to add, but the funeral scene in the extended edition for Thorin at the end of the movie is also great. That scene in particular should have definitely been included in the original theater release.