Audience laughs at literally anything the comedian says, even when they dont get the joke

>audience laughs at literally anything the comedian says, even when they dont get the joke

god damn I hate stand up

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/megalinks/comments/60t1m3/tv_dave_chappelle_two_cities_one_event_2017_720p/
mega.nz/#F!HtFR1TRY
charlotteobserver.com/entertainment/article140089558.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sometimes I laugh because the timing and delivery was really good despite not getting the joke.
This is why I think both timing and delivery are more important than the actual material.

so youre a dumbass sheep then

>I'm gonna sine yo pitty in the runny kine

wow rude

Well, do you know stand-up specials are also edited to add laughter to jokes that might not have actually gone over that well in-theatre, right?

>set up is funny
>laugh
>punchline sucks
>immediately stop laughing

am I autistic?

the audience is so cringey in both of the specials, there was always someone seemingly offended or uninterested in view

>Not watching it on mute and and the subtittles on ,taking the comedy entirely from the strenght of the writing and body language.

Torrent?

yes

not gona spoonfeed a tech illiterate retard tho

netflix nigga

AYYYY LMAO
RAY RICE
*audience laughs*

RAY RICE AGAIN!
*audience laughs*

LOLOLOLOL RAY RICE
*audience laughs nervously*

RAY
*audience gasps*
RICE NIGGA
*audience applauds and screams for dave's bbc*

there is no torrent. you ain't shit

>talk about made up stuff that literally never happened

>audience laughs

here you go my man
straight from reddit

reddit.com/r/megalinks/comments/60t1m3/tv_dave_chappelle_two_cities_one_event_2017_720p/

Maybe in a Jerry Seinfeld type situation, but usually the cameras are enough to get those dinner date couples going

It's almost like he was telling jokes...woah

it seems to me some of those in this thread may be having trouble. allow me to explain:

guys, you only have to laugh when you find something funny, not whenever someone else laughs.

>reddit.com/r/megalinks/comments/60t1m3/tv_dave_chappelle_two_cities_one_event_2017_720p/

god when did this shit get so complicated i have no idea how to use this and i'm too burned out to fucking learn

jeez, that's what i get for trying to be helpful, fucking dumbass needs to be spoonfed further

>reddit.com/r/megalinks/comments/60t1m3/tv_dave_chappelle_two_cities_one_event_2017_720p/

I got to megasearch, put in the file hash, and nothing. Thanks for being fucking worthless.

dont spoonfeed tech illiterate retards

Its gonna be alright champ

So Sup Forums, CAN you rape feet?

because you just learned the shit on your own right? how the fuck am I supposed to figure this out if no one shows me jackass?

Fuck it it's not even worth it to watch this trash. Have fun in you foot and cunny threads, fuck this board, all of you are toxic.

weak bait redditor.

Its delicious when you give it a proper taste

Depends on how ugly her face is

says the guy posting shit directly from reddit with no explanation whatsoever on how to use this crap

Hell naw nigga. Go up to the nearest qt and just fuck those feet.

its a url dumbass

ITT: guy talking to himself

I was disappointed when I found out that this special is material he used a couple years ago. It just wasn't taped. You can read about it from an interview done awhile back.

Unless it took two whole years for the special to come out that is, which I doubt.

>fucking another man is the most gangsta shit

wow, joke stealing much chapelle? fucking hack

Just cause he's black doesn't mean he stole the joke

mega.nz/#F!HtFR1TRY

Just add to mega.nz and you're golden. I did it for you above

do you need to watch his special to get it or can you just listen to it? is there a lot of visual humor?

occasionally there is visual humor
his face and gestures make up half the humour

Timing and delivery are every bit as important as the joke itself, you pleb.

Monty Python didn't write punchlines for that very reason.

IF YOU DON'T GET THE JOKE, HOW CAN YOU KNOW IF IT'S GOOD TIMING??

how do you know they didnt get it you projectionist retard

>get tickets for free to Seinfeld standup.
>Pretty average jokes overall, very white toast, can't actually remember any of them now.
>Remember it not being that funny though, but I can remember everyone laughing their asses off and laughing too.

It's got to be something about the atmosphere, or wanting to make the tickets worth it.

>in burgerland you can go to jail for throwing a snowball while using a racial slur
Is this true?

Yeah, but did Oj do it?

>pretending your country doesn't have hate crime laws to try and get good Sup Forums points online

>If I don't like this joke there is no way anybody else out there could like that joke, they must just be pretending because my taste in comedy is objective and everyone thinks and enjoys things in the exact same way

Woah bud that's some next level autism right there.

My black friend went to college in a small town here in Ohio. People would literally roll down the window and shout "nigger" at her on a regular basis. She didn't mind too much but it definitely happens here.

Nigga got a funny voice.

YOU'LL BE FUCKING FAT GIRLS IN NO TIME!

>specials drop
>everybody loves them, Sup Forums included
>Sup Forums notices that everybody loves them
>starts pretending they're bad
Every fucking time.

>projectionist retard
Suddenly
>the image of a drooling imbecile getting burnt by the lamp in the back of the cinema
kek

>hate crime
Not really, it's Russia.
So, you can go to prison for a snowball? And it's not weird to you?

Haha nope. Every single professionally recorded special from a comedian in an amaligimation of several sets usually 2 filmed a night for 2 days, with all the best deliveries stiched together to create a Frankenstein monster of their "perfect" set. They manipulate things to the point there they will move people in the audience to get the best looking ones in the front row for the cameras. Just directing stand up specials is a career now, older comics like Bobcat Goldwit are making a killing doing all this. Of course they add and move laugher to make the set look better, it would be idiotic not to.

Sup Forums was certain liberals would hate it because they think the most extreme vocal sjws are the average. When confronted with the fact that most liberals don't mind gay and tranny jokes in context, they are left with no choice but to conclude Dave wasn't actually being anti-PC and is just another dirty nigger.

If someone started spamming screenshots of tweets of pissed off SJWs you could easily change their opinions again.

>paying for TV
lol

I like save. It I never laughed once.
I was interested most of the time but I didn't even chuckle.
I think it's because I prefer a comic who works the room and cares about his audience
Save could give a shit, it's why he fails when heckled versus someone like bill burr, that works it masterfully.

Came off as either lazy or unskilled really.

I've seen John Mulaney live and his live performance is exactly on par with his specials. Consistent hits and laughter throughout. Maybe you've just been watching shitty comedians.

I really hope no one actually does this

A tightly packed icy snowball can be as dangerous as a rock, so it doesn't seem far fetched in a country where assault isn't legal.

Unlike Russia, the US doesn't have bands of vigilantes who run around beating up unpopular groups.

>Every single professionally recorded special from a comedian in an amaligimation of several sets
Just, no.

Wait they don't have assault laws in Russia? And this is the country that trump loves? What a barbarian

For new in town and comeback kid he filmed over multiple nights in Chicago. I've saw Mulaney kill his Comeback Kid set around Boston about 8 months before his special came out. Comedians rigorously practice sets and work to make them as good as possible before attempting to record and sell, so of course they would work and edit to make the footage look and sound as A+ as possible before putting it out there.

>jokes actually happened

This kinda goes beyond pol. Insulting someone while being inconvenient is now a hate crime?

I may have missphrased there. They record the same set several times and then stitch the best version of that together. Like how a director will shoot the same scene/dialogue from different angles.

Not saying this doesn't happen but stating that every single one does this is hyperbolic.

Throwing something potentially dangerous is assault. The law can't practically go "well this was a loosely packed snowball". Sure, a court would probably be very lenient, but you can still very much press assault charges for a snowball. Dave Chappelle knows this and was taking advantage of this legal limitation of the law, hence the joke.

Literally give me ANY source for this.

>being inconvenient
You mea chucking and icy ball at someone?
You could absolutely hurt someone with that shit

A professional doing something different would be highly unusual though, as the way I described is the overwhelming norm. I just saw the second show taped at the Wilbur for Norm McDonald's new special recently which was done in that fashion and Chelsea Peretti actually did a really fun commentary on It in her special. She made the edits incredibly obvious like she wore a different outfit for every set and used crowd shots from every event so the crowd was constantly changing but played it all of as one straight hour so the entire thing looked like one big continuity error.

reddit

>pol
reddit

In a few months Norm McDonald will have a new special filmed that way at the Wilbur theater in Boston Mass. Pretty much every special without the word "LIVE!" In the title will be filmed this way because it's easier and can insure quality.

I ran sound at a comedy club for 3 years

I ran sound for chris tucker, joey from full house, tom green, steve o, mankind from wwf, that chinese guy from tbs show, bobby collins, tammy pescatelli, carlos mencia, rich guzzi to name a few.

I lived in a relatively small town so it was big deal to get those people here.

The thing about comedy is that its mostly normie business people in their 30s and 40s attending these things...

So when they go out to these things, they are letting go of their lives for a few hours and making a commitment to have a night of release, they are more susceptible to enjoying themselves.

Kinda like how a girl will tolerate bad behaviour from a guy because she wants a rebound for the night...

going to comedy show is similar. They want to have a good time and escape for a night, so they make sure it happens.

That is why jokes that make you think dont land and the meme jokes always deliver.

Also every comic just about said this...

you dont do your jokes... you do jokes from the demographic of the audience your performing for.

Bill Hicks used to get trashed because he didnt conform.

you post like a stupid nigger. fuck off.

Well yeah, the snowball part, sure. No issue. Thing is with what dictates that when people are insulting, at what point does a use of a slur become a hate crime? And is it only racial slurs?

This 2bh

Don't space your posts like that, newfag. Sticks out like a sore thumb here.

Also, you're just fucking wrong. Most comedians have sets prepared well in advanced of actual gigs and do the same material over and over again at every venue with very, very little variation. It's why you see comedians do the same jokes on the late night couches that they do in their specials, or in their podcasts or whatever. Writing good jokes takes a lot of time and preparing a cohesive set takes a lot longer. They don't have 10 fucking sets to choose between. Pretty obvious you're roleplaying.

He's not trying to deceive anyone. One of his old bits was about being on a fucking hijacked plane, the audience knows it's bullshit for the sake of a joke.

faggot

Fucking kill yourself. How do you even manage to function in the 21st century?

You should be put down, because you are clearly not made for this age, you luddite subhuman.

>white police still be killin' us n' shiiiet
>crowd laughs

He's right, as a comic you have certain sets tailored to certain audiences because that jesus abortion bit that plays in LA will get you killed in Burmingham Alabama. It's not literally a whole new set but different regions perfer different things and as a road comic you have to learn what plays where and unless you're a G rated comic like Jim Gaffigan or Brian Regan you're gonna want to use your Hillary bit in the midwest and save your Trump jokes for thr costal states.

Shouting "nigger", "faggot", "kike", etc. Would probably qualify. As far as hate crimes go, you just have to convince the court the intent of the crime was motivated out of discrimination.

I personally find race crime legislation to be well-intentioned but absolutely horrible in actuality. But again, Dave wasn't making a political point about it or condoning it, he was simply using it's existence to his advantage.

It's a shame that they can't just focus on police militarization in general and have to make it exclusively a race thing. I think it ends up detracting from the actual very serious issues with the US police system.

they need that equipment. Chimp wrangling is a dangerous job.

Absolutely, goyim. The government controlled police state need military equipment. They'll never turn it on us normal citizens, right?

They seemed to do just fine when they weren't trained to shoot anything that moved.

So is Dave actually a foot fag?

Every country has problem with its police force because at the basis of the police system there's the idea of giving a lot of legal and physical power to people that are mostly ignorant, poorfags or both.
And it's like that all over the world.

Except the UK apparently, where a cop has to be unarmed so he can get killed by random Muhammad with a knife lol.

"He rapes, but he also saves." is probably my favorite brick joke of all times. What the fuck, he still got it.

Yeah, but not all countries practice the same training and certainly not all countries sell tanks, assault rifles, and other military equipment to police departments.

based
i
l
l

Wait. People didn't like this?

I'm really fucking picky about my standup, and I loved it.

What do you expect? He was gone for a decade and the hype has only increased as he's been cemented as the best of the generation. You can see it with every super popular comedian, theres a point where the audience finds the person funnier than the material.

Nice reddit spacing and nice lies.

Go back and host an AMA where you tell le epic stories about your amazing "job"

So many white dudes taking their 25 year old white girlfriends to a show beyond their comprehension

If people post articles like this enough on here Sup Forums will act like it's the greatest thing ever made.

charlotteobserver.com/entertainment/article140089558.html

Doubt it. Watch Hannibal Buress's newest special on Netflix. He usually has his audience in stitches but there's so many times in that one where they just didn't like the jokes that much and only a handful of people laugh. It's almost uncomfortable to watch. I say that as a fan