Film about war, blood, killing, PG 13

>film about war, blood, killing, PG 13
>include failed teen boyband singer
>attract even more PG 13 teenagers to watch the film
>nolan

Other urls found in this thread:

nolanfans.tumblr.com/post/157900870658/christopher-nolan-interview-about-dunkirk-in
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Is he still relevant tho?

Only children need graphic violence, it seems to me you will not be able to understand the intricacies of Nolan's craft.

>yfw he is trying to redpill generation z

holy fuck

>Saving Private Ryan would be better as a PG-13 movie

I'd hardly call him a failed boy band singer

it's about a retreat, not a bloody battle

>>film about war, blood, killing, PG 13
No it's about a few hundred thousand Englishmen sitting on a beach and poking their noses which the media then turns into Britain's greatest military moment since Waterloo.

In what world are One Direction a failed boy band lol

This

The rating makes sense in terms of the story, he doesn't want to make a yet another Saving Private Ryan

Some excerpts from an extensive Dunkirk interview:

>(Smile.) Do not repeat it to the studio: it will be my most experimental film. By far. I preferred to make a sensory, almost experimental movie. Without dialogue. The soldiers have no history - at least I don’t tell it. Most of the crew didn’t understand why I was screening them The Wages of Fear. But it was the one that made the most sense. Which talks about mechanics, procedure and physical difficulties. I rewatched Pickpoket and Un condamné à mort s’est échappé, just for that. Bresson details everything, creates suspense with details.

>[Saving Private] Ryan is a film about the body, blood, fear of being dismembered. Fear is physical. Steven was able to create a visceral intensity of the experience of war. Dunkirk doesn’t play in the same category. It’s a movie with suspense and a race against time.

>It isn’t by accident that Heart of Darkness by Conrad is one of my favorite novels. It’s the purest form of geography and storytelling. Conrad never repeats himself, he sinks gradually into the depths of the human mind. Is it an inward journey or a trip out of oneself ? That’s the real question Conrad is asking. And 2001! And Dante! How to tell the trip ? This is the main question of cinema. Dunkirk speaks about a very special place that evokes the Bible squarely. In May 1940, the English were the Jews driven out of Egypt and driven back by the Red Sea. And in a Judeo-Christian civilization it adds a very strong level of mythology.

nolanfans.tumblr.com/post/157900870658/christopher-nolan-interview-about-dunkirk-in

More importantly will Nolan be man enough to exclude the French entirely from the movie like Spielberg did with the British in Private Ryan?

in the promo leaks I think you hear some troops speaking french

>Without dialogue

Huh..?

>Anonymous
jesus fucking christ what a pseud

Casual reminder that Christopher is a hack and Jonathan is the superior Nolan.

Quoting tumblr kek

>he doesn't want to make a yet another Saving Private Ryan
I'm really happy about this. Saving Private Ryan is essentially the Transformers of war movies. People pretend like it'd mwaningful and terrifying because of the gore but it's simply spectacle with no emotional substance.
The movie is just an 80s slasher flick disguised as a war movie. It just yells at you: DUDE LOOK AT THE GUTS! SO BRUTAL! BLOOOOD LMAO!

There are so many war movies that do a much better job at making you feel terrified, sorrowful and shocked without the use of needless gore.

>nolanfans
>tumblr
So this is the Bravo Nolan audience.

Nolan finally acknowledged his flaws and decided to deliver pure fucking kino my dude

>There are so many war movies that do a much better job at making you feel terrified, sorrowful and shocked without the use of needless gore.

This, Bridge Too Far comes to mind.

how did he fit in that?

Hacksaw Ridge was the same