Memes aside, what do you unironically think of this place?

Memes aside, what do you unironically think of this place?

Other urls found in this thread:

cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/atlantic/index.asp
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I have family in Toronto so I like it

Large spaces, perfect for autistic person.

Boring.

What memes? You being a disgusting feminist shithole for fags isn't a meme

Slightly better than US but also gayer and for some reason lots and lots of Russian and Ukrainian and Chinese liberals

so, meh, but choosing a Western country to move to, probably in the top five

Swedes love Canada, t b h.

second favorite country after USA

liberals, stupid PM, niagara falls, nice people

How is it boring?

BC and Alberta are the best places in the world.

I've never seen a map of Canada in French before.

Weird

Never visited, want to go.
People I know that have visited speak highly.
Person I knew that lived there spoke highly.
The thought of my money having more bang per buck turns me on. Everything in he UK is overpriced.
Plus guns and great outdoors.
Don't like the idea of being killed by the cold or a bear though.
Almost forgot about the weed situation over there!

DAILY

REMINDER

One day we are just gonna take it and you won't even notice.

Maybe we already have.

?
opinion thread

I appreciate the time and effort you all take into making memes about us.

Possibly the best cunt to live there is. Beautiful outdoors, great cities, the people are educated and nice. And poutine. Fuck I want to try a genuine one someday.

What? I don't speak French m8...

>British Columbia
Amazing landscape, really hate the people and general culture which is largely non-existent and/or American
>Alberta, Manitoba, Saskethewan, Northern Ontario
Can't tell the difference between you and yanks but I do have a large measure of respect for you. Solid Tory politics, good folk, and much of Canada relies on you. Your cities look disgusting
>Nunavut, Northwest Territories, Yukon
Interesting things to see but overall you should be sold to Russia. Nothing but an economic drain with nothing to offer in return and a blight on Canada's greatness. (For example Canada's homicide rate is 1.68, much lower than our neighbors but much higher than western Europe, take away the territories and it's 0.69, making us among the safest countries on earth)
>Southern Ontario
I like some of the architecture in Ottawa. I unironically believe that Parliament Hill is the nicest building in any of the New Worlds. The people are usually shit and like the rest of western Canada, indistinguishable from Americans.
>Québec, Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, New Brunswick
Love the people, scenery, architecture, culture, food, etc. The true birthplace of Canada and what it means to be Canadian. Arguably the greatest region on earth. Needs to figure out how to push economy into the 21st century without throwing out all the tradition and culture. Please don't leave

There are a couple of little Islands there called St. Pierre and Miquelon that belong to France, though they are identical in every way to Canadian Maritimers. I go almost every summer for a short holiday, it's very quaint. Good food, fishing, and whale watching.

i like Quebec dispite Montreal

Nice nature, but cucked people.

I want to move there. Sadly, I'm a white Clapistanian and the chances are slim to do it the right way, so I need to find a Canadian bride or just illegally immigrate.

Montréal isn't that bad, it's just lousy with Angl*s.

It's actually really easy. Student visa, followed by work visa, followed by provincial sponsorship is the easiest path unless you have $1.6 million and are willing to invest $800k for 5 years.

Hey Canadafriends, how hard is pulling of living in Canada illegally?

Could be worse.

Anywhere away from cities is comfy and empty.

How does one obtain a student visa? Being enrolled in a college/trade school in Canada? What are the specifics? And how much does school cost up there?

I hear it's a very poor place to start a business, rife with corruption and the roadwork never gets done

Nearly impossible and suprisingly Canadians are less welcoming of illegal immigrants than Americans are.

Apply to a Canadian uni or comm coll. Admission rates are high for public unis. It's significantly cheaper than in the US but still like $4,000-$10,000 per year. I believe that some US federal loan and grant money (like the pell) can be used at Canadian institutions. After graduation you get a work visa and after that you can file for provincial nomination whereby the province you are working in sponsors you for citizenship (as opposed to a wife)

Nice pic mate

Aren't you supposed to learn french at School?

And during the classes you don't learn about the french version of your own country?

Great place, the only downsides are Ottawa, Vancouver and Toronto.

Still have no idea why the Maritimes are such special snowflakes with their own provinces tho.

Merci

>special snowflakes with their own provinces

What?

I think New Brunswick is the only province that requires French for kids.
Je crois le Nouveau-Brunswick est le seul province ça requires ecole la langue de français pour les enfants des anglos

t. Student of New Brunswick's French language education

Well I mean, even if counted as one they don't even have half the populace of say Alberta. Especially in the case of Prince Edward Island I don't have a idea, why its considered its own separate province. Are they culturally that diverse?

It produced my current all time fav band, so it can't be all mounties riding meese, I guess. Also Grimes. Tnx Canada, you're cool.

It's historic. Look at the US, they are similar. The east was settled early and mirrors Euro country sizes. As the west was settled later on things got much bigger. There are other reasons too. New Brunswick was part of Nova Scotia for example but when its population more tgan tripled with Loyalists fleeing the American revolution it had a reason to become its own province. The French there are also Acadian, not Québecois, so that's another historic distinction predating British North America.
PEI isn't culturally unique but PEI, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia (the maritimes) and Newfoundland (collectively Atlantic Canada) are culturally unique from Québec and western Canada.

Why isn't Québec considered Atlantic like the others
I know they aren't part of the Maritimes but still, they have a large Atlantic shoreline

It was the French 400 years ago that made the distinction. The Maritimes were the French colony of Acadie and Lower Canada was the French colony of Québec.
Now Atlantic Canada is entirely Anglo (except a few Acadians in New Brunswick who weathered or returned after Le Grand Dérangement) whereas Québec is entirely French (except Montréal and a couple other communities)
Basically:
>Newfoundland
Irish Canada
>Maritimes
British Canada
>Québec
French Canada
>Territories
Inuit & First Nations Canada
>Praries, Ontario, British Columbia
American Canada

Understood, thank you for the post

Don't be sad, as repugnant as feminism and faggotry are I would much rather live in a country like Canada than Europe's banque for the corrupt, known worldwide only for Nazi gold, trapped mountains, second rate chocolate, neutrality even in the face of obvious evil, and Heidi (shite Anne of Green Gables). I do like their flag though, it's definitely a big plus.

I would move there if there was a job for me

Look into the Atlantic pilot program. It's a new program that fast tracks and simplifies skilled and sometimes non-skilled immigrants to the Atlantic provinces because they are economically deficient and because they are entirely white, which really takes the piss out of Ottawa.

cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/atlantic/index.asp

The cold is the best part and bears are actually
fags.

I have a BS and know high school french
I could probably find a job there at some point, just not yet since I don't really have enough experience

da rien, j'adore discussing l'histoire de les provinces maritimes. (Desole pour mon français, ici le langue est chiac, un creole 《 franglais 》

French classes are mandatory only until grade 6, and the classes are shit and no one remembers anything from them

You could definitely find a job with a BS, no experience needed. Also, if you can pass the government's French test, especially in NB, they will trip over themselves to give you a government job.

You're in the trench and this guy slaps your rotting foot. What do you do?

In NB French (ou Anglais) immersion starts at kindergarten or grade 3, then continues throughout school. The province has increased bilingualism in Anglo and Acadien communities significantly over the last decade.
Now something like 75% of all New Brunswickers under 30 are functionally bilingual. The biggest problem is that chiac, a weird creole has become the language among youths. Basically French with English syntax and the odd Mik'maq or Maliseet word randomly thrown in.

Bring back Regulation 17 when?

I always thought it's a better version of America but oil prices crisis and feminazi opened my eyes. Canada is a country where idealism won but It's not for the better

I unironically sympathise with Canada because of 70s Joni Mitchell and Alpha Flight.

Push him in front of Hun artillery during Paschendale. But only after asking why a known patriote would join PPLCI.
Then revere him as a hero

Its okay. It reminds me of the USA but a little bit more worn down, broken, out of the way. Like if small town America became a whole country. They aren't as polite as the memes say, but they are friendly from what I have seen. And they are proud that they say "eh" irl.

But medicine there is very cheap, we get my brother's medicine there for about 1/6 the cost.

The Yukon and BC unironically belong to Alaska.

>Then revere him as a hero

Je hais ce pays

Let it all out, Pierre.

snow americans

t. headless american

Not being rude at all, what illness does your brother have?

Pourquoi ?

He's just a super allergic kid, biggest ones are fish and this one kind of grass. But epipen cost $600 here and like $100 for a 2 pack in Canada. Costs way less to just drive to Canada vs. buy them here.

I dont know any french and I aint learning it.
t. Shitskin immigrant.

Je n'y ressens aucune appartenance, c'est tout. Je me sens plus près des pays européens francophones.

Je n'ai jamais mis au Québec en passant, je suis acadien.

*mis pied

They need to destroy their Southern Neighbors.

Montreal is unironically one of the greatest cities on earth. Anyone wanting to host a German for some time? My French is B2-ish.

>stupid PM
Hmmm

Glad Canada could help. The only reason they aren't cheaper in the USA is because you have removed your ability to bargain collectively as a single payer (that payer being a top 10 global economy). I have a diabetic American family member and the substantially lower cost of synthetic insulin here has allowed him to keep both his life and money.
America is a great country with ALL of the potential to become in reality what they already say they are; the leaders of the free world and the most free society on earth. They will have to face reality first though.
Fish allergy is fucking miserable, I'd rather die a yank than """live""" without a decent fish & chip.

HOW DARE YOU TO COMPARE ME WITH THOSE PIECES OF SHIT YOU FUCKING CUNT
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

T'es un néo-brunswickois ou un Québecois d l'acadie ?

>Québecois d l'acadie
Doesn't exist, you are either Quebecer or Acadian

Même si personnellement je n'aime pas que les Anglais nous séparent ainsi. On est tous français au final et on devrait être solidaires.

Néo-brunswickois.
Y a quelques villages en Gaspésie qui sont dits acadiens mais ouais t'as raison

You cannot stop Gooknanada

Going to canada feels like coming home.

Basically a better America in terms of culture
Hate the smug as fuck neoliberal PM
Like how you're in the commonwealth and all that

Nice digits :^)