What's the most important attribute for a succesful career in Hollywood?

What's the most important attribute for a succesful career in Hollywood?

You may pick three:
>1. talent
>2. good looks
>3. hard work
>4. connections
>5. money

>no memes
>no discussion

Sup Forums is truly a shit board

4 is all that really matters, the rest are just helpful

Please elaborate.

/thread

It doesn't matter how talentless, ugly, lazy, or poor you are, if you know the right people, you can work in the industry

who's that on the left of Gyllenhaal?

for males or females?

Are there any A-list actors who made it without #4 being their main attribute?

4 and 5. Its not even close. I'd say that goes for all forms of entertainment. I think everybody knows talent is the last factor anyone cares about. Hence why most movies music and tv are horrible nowadays.

both? list them seperately though

1>4>3>5>2

5 is tricky since 5 pretty much directly leads to 4, but 4 is more important on its own.

You can deny it all you want but it's just sour grapes if you truly believe talent isn't the most important factor in our world anywhere. If you're talented and work hard you succeed. If you're well connected you can skip the hard work.

>inb4 "look at this one untalented cunt who succeeded!!!" fallacy rebuttal

>factor
is 'the x factor' a thing (the attribute, not that dumb reality show)

I've heard there are many actors who came from money like Nicola Peltz
and then after starring in a film or two, Hollywood have abandonded them eventhough they're still rich

same goes for Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and good looks

>men
connections
>women
good looks and talent on the casting couch

> the casting couch
is that a real common thing, or just a meme that plebs exagarate about?

>and then after starring in a film or two, Hollywood have abandonded them eventhough they're still rich

Makes sense, if you have only money but no actual talent you won't last long. I know it's fun to pretend we're all talented and the big successful evil stars aren't, but it's just not reality.

>Women
>Good looks and talent

Hahaha, no

You have any idea how many 11/10 sluts try to make it in the industry every single day? #4 counts regardless of gender

is there a way to 'acquire talent' besides drama school?
and i do mean genuine talent as an actor

All you need is either 4 or 5.

If i have to pick three then either 1,3,4 or 1,3,5.

Trust me im a producer.

Even money hardly counts. Loads of old actor are poor and staring in a fuckton of movies.

4 gets you 5, but you don't need 5.

Talent really doesn't matter if you have good connections, look at Scarjo for example

How come so many A-listers are super nice nice in person?

>i.e. Paul Rudd, Adam Sandler, and Zac Efron

>look at Scarjo for example
what about her?

/thread

People don't really like working with assholes, so most of them end up falling out

name a few as examples?

Well she's a terrible actress for a starter

Johansson was born in Manhattan. Her father, Karsten Johansson, is an architect originally from Copenhagen, Denmark, and her paternal grandfather, Ejner Johansson, was a screenwriter and director. Her mother, Melanie Sloan, a producer, comes from an Ashkenazi Jewish family from the Bronx

do you think scarjo's father is married to her mother just because of her jewish heritage?