letterboxd.com/YellowRomeda/
youtube.com/watch?v=gri2I0SZwgQ
letterboxd.com/siberianmouse/
letterboxd.com/LuvCraf/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I promise I'm not making any of these threads, my timing is just good
/dontpokethebear

PREVIOUS THREAD:

how does one get their name on the chart that get posted every thread?

liar

Get good taste like me
letterboxd.com/yawned/

letterboxd.com/creamy/

Follow the Creamy.

Improve your taste.

Patrician taste in film AND food, Creamy? I'm not surprised

Fuck the Creamy

>that terrible taste
>>yawned
i'd say so

What's cooking? Looks good.

why are you like this

good taste
I still can't for the life of me figure out who i've bullied so hard they can't let it go
Only guy I can think of who I made cry was link but I doubt even he is sad enough to fuel a vendetta against me for this long
that looks fucking disgusting

>straight out the pack salmon and sauce from sainsburys

who the fuck names themself slept

How was Nouvelle Vague?

stop making fun of slept or he'll delete his account again

letterboxd.com/Jester851/

Would you have sex with Mrs. Robinson?

yucky
Wasn't a fan really
Just seemed fucking interminable to me
Need to read up on it I guess

tb h I'd let her have sex with me

>archiveposter posts random posts from the archive (durr)
>slept comes in saying "HURR WHY IS SOMEONE SO BUTTHURT AND ONLY ATTACKING ME???? :'( MAKE THIS ABOUT ME!!"

woah calm down there pal

d

You're supposed to give me that later.

What does Amaranth think of this?

Take this, Amaranth. You hairy bitch

youtube.com/watch?v=OV3SFqW0OmU

letterboxd.com/film/hi-stranger/

Why do you hate Amaranth? No one even talks about her anymore.

She killed my dog.

I see her brought up several times. Check the archive. Also,she apparently uses the discord.

I hate her because she's a bitch that pretends she's patrician even though she's missing massively important films from the canon. She specializes in horror and propaganda, two of the worst genre's.

what's the film canon

Films important to the evolution of cinema. She's missing important ethno-documentaries, plotless documentaries, and films that revolutionized camera movement and long takes.

I'm positive those were only archive posts from three years ago. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to what gets posted.

She isn't in either of the lbg discords.

She has pet genres. Literally nothing wrong with that. Not everyone should feel like they need to be film historians.
>I hate because she doesn't watch the films I like.

If you're not a film historian why are you here?

>someone hasn't seen what I've seen so I'll sperg out in public

Somebody in one of the discords said her username was Amy.

>If you're not a film historian why are you here?

letterboxd.com/OriginalName3/

letterboxd.com/russman/list/the-imdb-top-250-on-december-19-1996/

my diary desu

She doesn't have to, but when she's carrying on like she's better, she ought to have seen all the major films from the canon. Otherwise, she's an ignorant bitch. Same goes for Altarwise, Fabian, sally draper, tsar, aeltbx, and mikedlv. The only one here who's seen a decent chunk is brian_davisson, robot2xl, riscka, lobo_lopez, and brotherdeacon.

what list would you rec?

Sally is patrician though, the canon is irrelevant anyways. White middle aged men deciding what movies are important, most coming from a background of privilege

>she's carrying on like she's better
literally when has she done this

And you, you're missing MAJOR pictures. I don't see Strike, Grass: A Nation's Battle for Life, Sea Dreams, The Little American, The Life Story of David Lloyd George, Children of Eve, or The Covered Wagon on your list. I don't even see a single John Ford or Frank Borzage.

Tell me what to watch next:
>Like Someone in Love
>The Assassin
>Stray Dogs
>The River
>L'Avventura

I don't see your list or profile at all!

>she's carrying on like she's better
Where do you get this idea? She doesn't interacted with anyone outside her close knit of online friends (post of which have pretty poor taste).

Is really cool mikedlv. Has really idiosyncratic taste and doesn't shit post the general.

It's implied in her shallow ratings. She highly rates anything that's boisterous and dark without any regards to substance or historical significance. Similar with Altarwise but lesser so.

>post of which
Sorry, I meant most. My mind is on other things right now.

letterboxd.com/27AMDi34/

>avant-garde
>short form
>nonobjective
>verse-film
>structuralism
>video art

>Sally is patrician though
Not when she hasn't even seen over 5,000 movies thoroughly touching each part of the canon like brotherdeacon, rischka, and lobo_lopez

And you. You need to stop centering focus on the 60's and 70's. You're missing crucial avant-garde documentaries from 30's to 50's.

Strike is on the list but I'll be sure to check out the other films you listed. Do you recommend any silent Ford or Borzage film in particular?

3 Bad Men and The Street Angel.

There are many others, many lost as well, but start there. Also add Rex Ingram and more Viktor Sjostrom to the list.

based historian-user BTFOing /lbg/ and its circle jerking pseud members.

Spoonfeed me ten avant-garde movies to get me started
I watched Lost, Lost, Lost and As I Was Moving Ahead and fell in love

Jean Vigo is the primer

I don't blame you for thinking this. You need to actually communicate with her over discord to get an idea of her vast and intricate knowledge of the medium. Her reviews only serve as hilarious satires of low effort letterboxd reviews.
On the other hand brotherdeacon evidently puts a considerable amount of effort into his reviews and unfortunately expose the emperor as having no cloths.
No thanks. I've seen plenty.

cheers, I'll go watch those four and then see where that takes me

You've barely seen anything from Shoesdack or John Grierson. Sit the fuck down, you don't know anything. And wading in certain decades isn't going to get you anywhere further than a periphery understanding and ignorance for what came before.

>vast and intricate knowledge of the medium.
Please. She's barely seen anything regarding French poetic impressionism or anything by Jacques Feyder and Maurice Tourneur. She's a petulant infant.

damn some of you guys use really big word :O)

I've seen enough.

The only avant-garde filmmaker one should feel obligated to spectate is Gregory J. Markopoulos.

You mean Jonas Mekas, Jean Epstein, Jean Vigo, Marcel L'Herbier, Shirley Clarke, and Hans Richter, embryo.

I've seen them and no, Markopoulos is the heart and soul of the underground cinema.

what are some good books about film that will help me understand film as a whole and also films that are well regarded?

Markoupolos is the hack of the underground cinema.

I've checked your profile. You've barely seen anything. You also don't write reviews, so add that along with your shit taste favorites, I can safely assume you're not thinking at all about technique when your watching these films, only going for emotional response

you mind if I....

S U P E R
M
A
R
T

Andrew Sarris is a fucking hack without an individual cell in his brain. Read this instead. It might teach you to put your gelatinous bean of a brain to use.

You've obvious have no idea what you're talking about.

Oh really? Well how about a test. Explain to all of us in thorough detail the significance of Markopolous's work over Hans Richter and Jonas Mekas.

Whoops. Time's up. It's been 8 minutes. Looks like you wasted your time looking up a text to copy from.

youtube.com/watch?v=wK1t_1YsCUA
youtube.com/watch?v=y3tob4iVrYI
youtube.com/watch?v=fwCz8iEOfd0
Watch a few yourself, let them take root, bring it up tomorrow, and I'll explain to the best of my ability. I would actually like to watch something tonight.

>thorough detail
>8 minutes
A man of great intellect can wait.

You post your profile with the same entrance every time. You would think you were one well-averse in the philosophies behind your genre's and movements as well as the meanings behind the techniques of your canon. If you can't write anything on the fly nor write any reviews for your profile, then I can assume you're a disingenuous pleb.

>10 minutes
You only had 8.

rec me some books to read
pref with pictures of cool cinematography

I wasn't the one tasked with writing a review-comparison.

letterboxd.com/YellowRomeda/

Watched Memories of Murder for the first time last night, I'm really starting to like eye contact with the camera, if done at the right time it can be really effective, especially with this film, if you've seen it you'll know and if you haven't I won't ruin it

>You've got five.

>You've got five.

does that fucking retard know he's on fire lol

youtube.com/watch?v=gri2I0SZwgQ

>Ching chong ding dong j'ai vais bruler toi comme d'riz frit

How did Godard get away with this?

/thegr1fter

I am always right desu.

>frenchman is being culturally insensitive
shocker

Anna Karina >>>>>>>>>>> Anne Wiazemsky
What was Godard thinking?

letterboxd.com/siberianmouse/

can you guys give me a quick rundown on the autistic 30's poster?

It's dropout_gorro and his autistic pack of discord circle-jerkers.

letterboxd.com/LuvCraf/

Re-watched Beverly Hills Cop tonight.
Did not disappoint.

>well-averse
What did you mean by this?

send me some fucking seepee

f o l s o m w g @ g m a i l . c o m

I can't take cinema seriously when the most "important" work on the medium is a boring flick that just happened to be somewhat experimental.

which one?

pick any of TSPDT's top 3 really