Greeks are better than other humans

Greeks are better than other humans

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencemag.org/news/2017/08/greeks-really-do-have-near-mythical-origins-ancient-dna-reveals
youtube.com/watch?v=iRnmMF7V6AM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

no

subhuman shitskin

Sorry sweetie but modern Greeks are just Ottoman rapebabies, nothing to do with ancient Hellenes :)

Subhuman catholic shitskin

you have no idea what you are talking about

here you go iki

sciencemag.org/news/2017/08/greeks-really-do-have-near-mythical-origins-ancient-dna-reveals

a gift

do not call me that name subhuman anglo

I know this is just a ship-posting thread, but I have a couple of serious questions concerning Ancient Greece.

1) Why did the center of the Hellenic World seemingly shift from Athens to Constantinople somewhere around the beginning of the Middle Ages? Why was Constantinople the capital of the Eastern Roman Empire, rather than Greece? After all, only a few centuries prior, Athens was the center of the hellenic world.

2) Why did Greeks colonize the east (Anatolia, Caucasus, Crimea, etc.) so much? It's surprising to see how far east Greek population settlements went. And why did they mostly go eastward rather than northward?

>Why was Constantinople the capital of the Eastern Roman Empire, rather than Greece?
rather than Athens*

No idiot.

They are Slavic rapebabies

subhuman italian mongol invaders needed a way to go to asia minor

they build up Constantinople

because of its location the city outgrew athens and many Greeks went there

greeks colonized anatolia and crimea

Constantinople was easily defensible, in a very strategic location, and had access to the Danube that formed Rome's frontier. Way better than Athens.

Japanese subhuman monkey

Because Constantine founded the "new Rome" there? Constantinople had one of the best positions imaginable, it was supposed to be the new hub of the world. It was built to be impregnable from barbarians, protecting it from raiding contrary to Rome and the rest of the exposed Greek land. Many riches were transferred to Constantinople, making it a capital from the beginning. Later years just piled on that wealth.

But most importantly, Constantinople was meant to be Roman. We now see it as Greek now because it was culturally greek for most of its time, but greek became the common language quite some time after the foundation of Constantinople. After that, the city served as a bridge for greek colonization into Asia minor. The north was essentially barbarian land, while the far east had been home to many great civilizations before, it was known territory. It's easy to see why they'd prefer asia minor to germanic and slavic barbarian land.

Interesting, thanks.

And what about the Greek colonies prior to the Roman Empire? What caused the Greeks to colonize so much back when (correct me if I'm wrong) they weren't even united or organized on a large scale, except for the period under Alexander? Was it simply a time of weakness for Asia Minor and the entire area around the Black Sea, which Greek city states were able to easily exploit?

youtube.com/watch?v=iRnmMF7V6AM

You're not wrong, but keep in mind that greek colonization happened MUCH earlier in time, we're talking 11th-7th century BC. The main reason for colonisation was the increase in population, and the need for the new generations to exploit natural resources elsewhere. By colonising asia minor, they found these new resources, were able to establish new metropoles and sustain their population, and trade these new resources with the other metropoles back in the mainland, creating a mutually beneficial market.

Sometimes though groups of people migrated elsewhere because of political developments. I remember in ancient greek class the teachers told us that some of the colonists migrated because they didn't like the government or tyranny that was ruling over their original settlement, so they made their own.

I don't think there were strong civilizations in asia minor at the time to antagonize the greek settlers, those came later from the far east. Some barbarians here and there might've lived in anatolia, but they probably assimilated quickly because the greek trade model was working.

neat, thanks a bunch mate

No

gayreeks
are gay
and they reek
lol