Should i watch this gay ass shit?

should i watch this gay ass shit?

sum1 answer him

Yes.

Nah, Welles was a SJW cuck for blatantly attacking Trump with this film.

No. It would be wasted on you. Go watch BvS for the 17th time instead.

>implying I watched it even once

it's a solid film but don't go in expexting the greatest film of all time or you'll be let down.

Yes, it's the best film ever because it had some fancy camera angles.

and the narrative is good too

I personally liked it and was surprised how well it held up. However, there were a few moments that did drag on a bit.

It's a good film that holds up to modern standards, it can teach you a thing or two about cinematography and has a lot of historical value.

And the twist at the end.

Yes cuz ur a faggot

Yeah, it's really good. Better than any other bw film Sup Forums has ever seen that's for sure, though I can recommend 4 better ones off the top of my head, but it's still hard to find many.

Ok I'm gonna watch it. Thanks famm.

It's considered the best movie ever made. But it's actually really good.
>Implying being compared to Kane is that bad of a thing.
He was a man with a childhood where his parents were stripped from him and he couldn't hold a good relationship. Kane was still impressive in making an empire.

Anyone who tells you this holds up after all these years is fucking lying to you. You know the twist, you've seen the cinematic tricks in newer movies... sure it has historical significance, but you already know everything you need to know.

You don't need to waste your time unless you have a mental list of films you check off.

>though I can recommend 4 better ones off the top of my head
Name em

le flashback

4 better black and white films are

>> Bicycle Thief, Stranger Than Paradise, Seven Samurai, Batman vs Superman

I agree. Many great works of art look clichéd in the future simply because what made then unique has been copied and saturated that (looking back) they appear generic

Seinfeld is still good

I know a lot of film buffs would be so obnoxious about the classic films being the first to use certain visual techniques and groundbreaking plots that have all been copied.

That's like your doctor using a 1920's medical book rather than the newest release because it came up with penicillin first

That's true but the movie it's still good.

Same with Billy Wilder movies, script it's just to damn good.

I wouldn't go that far. Some future directors/cinematographers improve upon a movies techniques and many of them dont. It'd be more akin to wearing hobnailed shoes or a tunic in the modern age instead of tennis shoes and t-shirts

>You know the twist, you've seen the cinematic tricks in newer movies

True, but if you're into films of the era it's absolutely mindblowing how modern it looks in comparison. Seriously, compare Citizen Kane to any film 10, even 15 years after it and it still looks incredibly more modern.

Touch of evil is easier/more enjoyable to watch if you don't like watching old movies that much. Citizen Kane is a bit boring.

Yes. It's overrated, but still good.