Honestly this film was pretty beautiful. It had a mythic feel to it at the end of the day

Honestly this film was pretty beautiful. It had a mythic feel to it at the end of the day

Other urls found in this thread:

pulpklatura.tumblr.com/post/141843209469/batman-v-superman-the-modern-revenge-tragedy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Best superhero film by far

Yeah, it should be considered part of American Mytholgie

when are they gonna mention that kryptonite should kill every being in the movie save for Diana when near it, its going for this realistic take but an object so irradiated that it can instantly start to kill superman should also kill everyone else

Even in the comics lex gets cancer from wearing his anti-superman ring all day.

yeah and then it was retconned that it can effect humans over long periods of exposure I know that but the movies are so gritty and realistic why not mention the fact that batman is holding basically a nuclear reactor in his hand when he goes to stab superman

Zack Snyder is a borderline retard and his movies are for low iq manchildren

the general look of his movies are washed out and dull

Better than Watchmen?

*Goes back to watching Civil War*

It's a modern day Greek tragedy.

pulpklatura.tumblr.com/post/141843209469/batman-v-superman-the-modern-revenge-tragedy

>This blog post being posted again

You know, I read it once way back and I always have the same question: So? How does that make it good? Even if you wanted to classify it as a Greek tragedy, how would that make it good?

There were countless garbage revenge tragedies. That annual contest they mention? Actually countless shitty revenge tragedies were written just in service of that. Being a modern take on a Greek revenge tragedy doesn't make it good.

You're right, being a two hour quip machine with CGI from the 90's is where it's at! And since every scene is focus-tested to extreme by Disney, you KNOW it's going to be FUN.

Do people honestly believe that Renaissance imagery in and of itself makes the shitshow known as Batman v Superman a good movie? The movie is too long, the characters are unlikable, and Doomsday is just thrown in at the last minute to give the unlikable characters something to punch for 10 minutes.

>LET'S HAVE A BORING SUPERMAN FIGHT AN UNREASONABLY BELLIGERENT BATMAN BECAUSE THE OMNISCIENT JOKER-LUTHOR REALLY DOESN'T LIKE SUPERMAN, FOR SOME REASON!

Zack Snyder is a fucking hack. Dawn of the Dead was good, but everything else he made is shit.

>So? How does that make it good? Even if you wanted to classify it as a Greek tragedy, how would that make it good?

>How does something that inspired and informed storytelling to this day make it any good?

Wew lad.

>pretty beautiful

Do I need an IQ under 3 digits to appreciate kino?

>Doomsday is just thrown in at the last minute
>last minute
>we see Lex starting to create Doomsday at the 30 minute mark

You forgot your Evans faces there Marvel bot.

in fact, the last minute of the film is just credits
user btfo

Thankyou, Captain Literal!

You're an idiot that used a lie to push a nonsensical argument.

why did everyone pretend it was literally le worst thing to ever exist?

i mean yeah it wasn't amazing but are we really going to pretend thor or avengers are somehow a million times better than this film?

Its just painfully obvious that DC is trying to brute force their way towards a "cinematic universe" like Marvel but they are easily 5-10 years behind.

That's why BvS is like 3 movies merged into one, structurally its a complete mess.

Avengers are shit movies yes, but at least they are vaguely coherent.

What are you talking about, faggot? This is the only place on the internet where BvS is praised as the greatest superhero film ever. and it deserves it. Dawn of Kino is just too artistic for normies minds to comprehend.

And it's 1 year anniversary is in 2 days. We should celebrate the life of Zack Snyder.

Disney has a massive marketing wing and hold countless of "critics" and third-worlder shills in their grasp. Just look at the reviews on RT, "critics" saying how clever and well-made Civil War is while for BvS complaining that it's too fascist and right wing.

Marvel third-worlder shills will reply to me with a recycled Evans face as according to their scripts.

But ya gotta admit that Flash teaser for the Justice League trailer looks pretty cool.

>Marlel too dumb to watch non-focus tested films
lmao. No wonder they just recycle Iron Man plot over and over again.

It was worse than Bravo Nolan's trilogy. Much worse.
DC basically just panicked and tried to catch up with Marvel so they can have their superhero team. It would have been way better to let all those hero's stay in their own universe. I mean why would Superman need Batman's help in the first place?

How many times have you posted in this thread already? We can tell by the way you type.

What lie? "Last minute" is an expression. No rational human being would look at that term in that context and think I literally meant "last minute of the movie."

Either you are stupid because you can't recognize a turn of phrase when you see one, or you are just a petty, pedantic cunt.

Or you're just a faggot using extreme hyperboles to push an otherwise nonsensical argument. Kill yourself.

I'll admit the visuals are good, as is some of the acting. Everything else falls way short though. I remember thinking how unfortunate it was that is was so poor because it had good aspects that deserved a way better film surrounding them.

It is not an extreme hyperbole. "Last minute" is a common fucking expression.

Now I see that you are an idiot who honestly can't recognize a common fucking expression when they see one, so you are therefore not worth conversing with.

is sups saving a qt goth girl?

"Last minute" in this case is a lie even when presented as a common expression.

It is not a lie, in this case. Any rational being would realize that I didn't literally mean that Doomsady appears at the actual last minute of the movie.

Right now, you are doubling down on your stupidity. You could have owned the fact that you were being a petty cunt, but now you are basically saying, "I wasn't being a pedantic asshole; I genuinely don't understand what an expression is!"

Do you honestly want to keep going down this road?

not him, but stop embarrassing yourself

BvS is art.

Marvel is product.

>not him, but stop embarrassing yourself

How am I embarrassing myself?

>How does that make it good?
We've been through this, shill. Everybody shows you things that are great about the movie and you fend off for a dozen posts or so and when you're cornered, you admit they are true but don't make the movie good. So yes, let's skip all that: BvS doesn't have quips so it's bad

It's $250 million dollar arthouse cinema. And for that the Marvel hordes hate it. Just look at all the ((((critics)))) whining it's not as FUN as Marvwl dogshit.

watchmen is still the GOAT

Best capeshit since MoS and Watchmen.

I agree that Gadot is too skinny to be WW, but it doesnt ruin the film.

Why did the Marvel fan attempt suicide?

It's still being talked about a year after and new touces are noticed by the day. Meanwhile an average blockbuster dies when the marketing dies. BvS has gone beyond that more than anyone could predict.

what type of person decides that a terrorist attack by aliens is a perfect time to try to commit suicide

what type of person thinks that either of those scenarios are good writing

>a character must always be depicted a certain way because that's how they're normally depicted

I don't really get those people. They want the same story recycled over and over again.

no we want something good

zack snyder is incapable of giving us that

It's become one of my favorite cape movies. The fact that it had to fight uphill to get there only makes it a more impressive feat.

>posts a painting of a scene in the movie that looks way better than it does in the movie

We wanted something extraordinary that stands head and shoulders above everything else in the medium and that's what we got.

Not every character needs 3 standalone films before a team up film.

lol no, you got a pretentious trainwreck aimed at edgy middle schoolers

You really have to be mentally damaged to think the contents of BvS is pretentious when it's extremely straightforward to anyone who has been exposed to more than just three blockbusters. I think you're just too dumb for anything but watered-down assembly-line productions of Marvel to be honest.

At least 1. The only reason they didn't at least make a solo batman movie before doing bvs is they knew how far behind Marvel they were (not that it should matter but it apparently did to them) and had to rush it.

It's almost like we just got a trilogy of Batman movies....

BvS wasn't rushed. It's perfectly finished, the story is well fleshed-out and you can tell they took their time getting the direction right.

Now Civil War on the other hand, was specifically created to compete with BvS and was thus created and then reshot in an incredibly short time span that resulted in the movie looking like trash and carried entirely by extremely heavy marketing and an all-star cast getting millions of the budget each.

>Zac Snyders Magnum Opus
>Magnum
please fix

They don't need at least one. There's no rule that a team up movie has to come AFTER a series of standalone ones.

Why the fuck do we need another Batman movie? Another origin story? We know Batman, and BvS told us all we needed to know about this new Batman without the need of a solo film.

A team film introducing the characters and generating interest before they have solo films works exactly the same as doing it the other way.

It is.

BvS was fine when it came to introducing the Batman of their universe. The rest of the JL don't really need a solo movie before the team up because honestly who would give a fuck for a movie that its not about Batman or Superman? At least now they have a chance to make them look interesting in the eyes of the audience therefore entice people to watch their solo movies after Justice League.

>aimed at edgy middle schoolers
As if you weren't in middle school when you read the comics all of these DC and Marvel movies/shows are based on.

>The rest of the JL don't really need a solo movie before the team up
Yeah no shit.

I'm not here to debate the quality of some capeshit I thought was boring. I'm just saying they crammed so many characters into the movie because they're trying to catch up to Marvel, who took their time. Whether the movies are shit or not I don't have a fucking clue, but they've had all their shit lined up and organized. DC made a superman movie, then made one movie out of what should have been 3.

It would work a lot better if they set up their characters before they made a team up movie. Superman movie - Batman movie - Superman and Batman movie just makes sense.

Imagine being so seethingly pleb that you can't even grasp why a fucking capeshit was really good. These are retards ensuring that Robert Downey jr gets another 6 yachts this year. BVS should be the litmus test for posting on here. If you're too dumb to appreciate it then instant ban.

>It would work a lot better if they set up their characters
Really? You need a movie setting up Batman? How old are you, 5?

Are you illiterate? Marvel clearly didn't take their time as Civil War is a rushed mess compared to BvS. We already just had a Nolan Batman trilogy. And BvS explains the backstory of Batman just fine.

Stick to Marvel.

You do realize Batman and Superman had their own cartoons before that came out right?

>He needs a batman origin movie

You realise 14 year olds can't post here right?

Looking back, this film was great.

It's a different version of Batman. I didn't say they needed an origin story.

>Are you illiterate?

Are you? Marvel took their time releasing several movies to set up Avengers and I said I don't watch any of this shit. I don't know about the movies themselves.

So basically you haven't even watched the movies and you're just spouting shit?

My advice stands, stick to Marvel.

Where did I say origin? I said a movie to set him up. Give the audience some time with him on his own. Show us this new version of batman before making a movie where he fights superman.

>It's a different version of Batman.
And everything we needed to know about him was perfectly explained in the movie.

>Having won an Oscar for writing Ben Affleck's Argo, Terrio says he's surprised to find himself now writing superhero films, but he's approaching them with an impressive intellectual rigour. As far as the comics go, he namechecks Frank Miller and Grant Morrison. But his reading is wider than just the nailed-on Bat-classics.

>"For Batman V Superman I wanted to really dig into everything from ideas about American power to the structure of revenge tragedies to the huge canon of DC Comics to Amazon mythology," he explains. "For Justice League I could be reading in the same day about red-and blueshifts in physics, Diodorus of Sicily and his account of the war between Amazons and Atlanteans, or deep-sea biology and what kind of life plausibly might be in the Mariana Trench." At this point he may be superheroed out, however: he says he won't necessarily continue to Justice League - Part Two.

Terrio/Snyder is the kino combo

>I didn't say origin I meant a movie that explains who he is and where he comes from and want defines his character and generally introduces him to the audience

He's just looking to shitpost, mate. He's probably that shitposter who posts threads like this

I've seen mos and bvs. Both were shit to me. Haven't seen a marvel movie since iron man 2 and that's only because I went with someone.

Everything that needs to be said about Batman is explained in BvS and part of the film's overarching theme of the trappings of hatred and redemption.

To anyone that has paid attention, Batman's backstory plays a crucial part of BvS and is a natural part of the movie. Even an integral part of it.

>p-please stop say bad things about marvel I don't watch them
You've already been busted there shill. Doing your daily quota of DC shitposting, just a matter of time before the Evans gifs start flying.

Yes, very quickly. It's objectively better to take your time with shit.

You need to be 18 to post here.

These Marvel shills are really starting to wreck Sup Forums real good. They are completely zealous in their shitposting. Once I saw the same shitposter remain in the same thread for TEN HOURS insisting that nobody should enjoy BvS and Marvel movies are objectively better because "they are fun".

>everything about batman is explained

SeeWhat reason would I have to lie about this shit? What do I have to gain by lying about what Marvel movies I've seen? Get fucking real, dickhead.

>Marvel does it better!!111!
>claims he hasn't seen Marvel now
Either you have and you're lying because you know in an argument about Marvelshit vs BvS, you automatically stand to lose. Or you're just looking to shitpost. Either way, you should consider suicide.

>very quickly
BvS constantly plays on Batman's back story from start to finish and more and more layers are added on to it.

Stick to Marvels that you think are better but also haven't seen. Funny how that works out. Marvel shills so insecure they don't even dare come clean anymore.

Like The Room, Batman vs Superman will be talked about for years to come solidifying it at true cinema worthy of discussion

>once I saw the same shitposter remain in the same thread for ten hours

Did you also spend ten hours in that thread or did you read all of the posts in it? Either way you sound just as pathetic as he.

>be in a thread for a movie I enjoy
>just as pathetic as a paid Marvel shitposter
Nope but nice try

I don't have to see the god damn movies to know they made like 5 before they did a real team up movie.

What the fuck are you talking about?

underrated classic like Sucker Punch

>be in a thread for a movie I enjoy

For ten hours.

So you're saying Marvel is better simply because they have made more films, despite you never seeing those films and automatically assume they are good when in truth they are complete trash?

Alrighty.

>so you're saying marvel is better

???

>picks up a beginner's guide to greek mythology
>"man this is gonna smoke 'em so hard"

You literally assume Marvel is better because "they took their time" making about a dozen filler movies. A dozen filler movies you haven't even seen and that I have and can verify are nothing but trash and also filler. So why is the filler system better when Marvel did it and clearly failed hard at it? And also when BvS sets up Batman just fine to anyone who can actually watch a movie without looking at their phones every second minute?

no, simply that DC rushed Justice League with fewer movies than Marvel approached Avengers for

or do you not know how to count

>you literally assume marvel is better

Where did I say that? All I said was it's better to take your time than to rush.

Your argument makes no sense and you are using a raw number to assume quality when

1, You haven't even seen Marvel (according to your own claims) to witness the absolute trainwreck that is the MCU

2, When BvS sets up Batman just fine and with DC having just recently done a Batman trilogy

You want DC to emulate the Marvel model when I can already tell you the Marvel model is awful and just means and endless amount of filler shit with movies that more or less play out identically. Now you haven't seen Marvel according to yourself so there's no way you can now claim the quantity model beats the quality model. Because it doesn't.

What really razzles me was that Based Loeb couldn't even set up The Defenders correctly. Iron Fist and Luke Cage should've been 1 show.