College football

Is this true ?

Other urls found in this thread:

247sports.com/college/michigan/Board/59424/Contents/Alabama-Player-Cars-50862142
cleveland.com/osu/2017/09/ohio_state_deemed_most_valuabl.html#incart_river_index
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Pretty sure it's true for every college.

they should teach them economics , accounting and finance classes so they don't loose all the money they make when they become pros

reads like a trump tweet

> should make these college football players take hard college courses

Why?

The football players bring in tons of money for the college, that benefits everybody at the college.

But if the jocks have to take hard college courses, then do the nerds also have to meet hard physical requirements to get their degree?

yes. They aint come to play school

>that benefits everybody at the college
lol

>all caps

Sounds like the team ran a rail on his gf or sister.

When will whites learn?

Each NCAA team should start each match with a point for each member of the team enrolled in a STEM degree.

>STEM

lol

but there are people who might be too dumb to go to college but are actually really good football players and have the talent to be pros

Sounds like time to revive NFL Germany, I mean NFL Europa

Stopped reading at big dumb gorillas

>DECEIVIOUS

clearly he was taking rocks for jocks as well

247sports.com/college/michigan/Board/59424/Contents/Alabama-Player-Cars-50862142

Goodell is planning to bring back NFL Europa and create NFL Asia after Tokyo Olympics. He really wants that soon to be built newly Japan stadium.

Deceivious is the name of one of the players

Yes, in fact the money brought in by the college’s sports program benefits the collage as a whole.

How much value does the students taking basket weaving or womyn's studies bring in?

good post, user

What do these guys do after college? Do they end up in normal careers? Maybe 1% go to the NFL. Honestly I wouldn't hire them because I'd assume their degree was bogus
It would make a great documentary series to follow a bunch of them

Josh Rosen said something like this in August and I'm pretty sure sec fans wanted him kneecapped after that

Where did this "Football brings money" garbage come from?

It doesn't. At all. It costs money to run these programs. It costs space. It costs administrative resources. It distracts everyone on campus from what they are supposed to do.

And yes, physical requirements should be part of an education. The greeks knew it. The romans knew it. It was really when the amerifats started doing college that this died.

>It distracts everyone on campus from what they are supposed to do
You think these places would be paradigms of productivity if you got rid of football? 40,000 teenagers suddenly studying with unwavering fervor now that they've been liberated from the distraction of football? Foh they'd turn into ghost towns overnight unless someone built an E-sports palace or something to take football's place.

Good idea, cupcake teams might actually have a chance

then those people shouldn't be spending federal and state tax dollars so that tyrone and cletus can bash their heads out, get drunk, and get accused of raping whores.

If the university dies because "muh no sports" then obviously it should be burned to the ground.

car salesmen and gym teachers

Can you outline how money that only goes to the school president, deans, board of trustees and sports coaches helps anyone that is at the school to teach or learn?

You have to build cool shit on campus to attract recruits which benefits everyone.

> they'd turn into ghost towns overnight unless someone built an E-sports palace or something
Any """""""university""""""" that needs football that badly isn't really a university lol

The University of Oregon is rich as fuck because of the football program.

The university of Wisconsin has strict academic Recruiting rules and players must be starting which is why they rarely get recruits above 3*

Their star player is a true freshman who I think is doing an astrophysicists degree

It's impressive they are consistently in the top 15 despite that

No wonder they’re mostly white

Even colleges like Stanford have completely bullshit academic programs for their sports scholarship peeps.
Everyone does it.

first 2 years of college are easy for every student.

Either become coaches, do sports analysis on radio/television, or try playing in a lower division meme league.

the guy that went to Oregon State left because he was mad that Wisconsin wouldn't let him recruit illiterates from SEC country

OSU prof here. Football program is valued at $1.5 billion.

cleveland.com/osu/2017/09/ohio_state_deemed_most_valuabl.html#incart_river_index

Now go be stupid some place else.

kek, has one post ever summed up an entire nation so perfectly?
>corrupt schooling system
>corrupt athletics system
>"no, the corruption is good"
>"because it means building cool shit"
keep on sharting my eagle jacketed friend

the whole thing is so top-heavy that it is beneficial for everyone involved, even the shit teams

>implying you need anything to recruit but a big sign saying "ooga booga here are some white prostitutes for you"

We have the highest rated universities in the world.

It's true for every college. All of them. Even the one you couldn't get into.

>OSU prof here

Bullshit, what department

Yeah it's just Alabama doing this

>Value
>Profitability

Ok "Professor", mind telling me how much PROFIT OSU's $1.5 billion dollar program yields?

For the non-retards reading this post, the $1.5 billion valuation came from a Indiana university econ professor's blog where he (as and exercise) went:

>If the cleveland browns are watched by this many people and their games are watched my this many people
>and if the league is watched my this many people
and so on and so on
>and if Forbes magazine gives the browns a valuation of x dollars given all that, then we could give the OSU football program .8X dollars valuation.

No actual analysis. Fuck off Franco. Go back to your siesta. OSU prof my ass.

>NFL Europa

That is going to be such a fucking trainwreck.

I will be watching because it will be glorious watching it all crash and burn