DUDE lets slow down a sport that relies on tempo to be good LMAO

>DUDE lets slow down a sport that relies on tempo to be good LMAO

ok

instead of being sarcastic, why don't you propose an alternative to slowing down games and blatant cheating?

>DUDE lets let another team maradona their way to a championship LMAO

fuck off faggot

The players are walking 75% of the time in divegrass, I don't see how it could get much slower.

>americans talking about slow sports

wew

What does spending 80% of a match passing back and forth in the midfield or teams parking the bus have to do with tempo?

>Eurocucks copying American sports again.

t. Chicano

>t. commercial break

problem, faggot?

There's more than one sport in America unlike in yuropoor land.

The video assistant referee gets to make instant calls on decisions of offsides and penalties. That is, the on-field referee doesn't have to ask the video ref to review a decision - the video ref does it immediately and relays the info to the ref. That would at least be an improvement on what they're doing just now with the ref standing around like a prick saying "c-could you check that please" into his headset.

name ONE major american sport that finishes in about 1.5 hours

i'll wait

>implying it won't get progressively quicker as time goes on

Is not like they will give 7 time outs per team like in the amerishart "sports", they will just check out when a ambiguous play happen.

Your players are walking advertisements

There are periods of some games where there's end to end action. VAR threatens to kill that forever.

>ssshh quiet everyone, it's another ebin superbowl commercial!!!!!
>wait, what? they're playing a game right now?
>sharts pants

Why would you want a game to last for that short? If I'm paying $80 for a ticket the game damn well better last 3 hours. But then again I don't expect a poor spic like you to understand.

Did you watch the Chelsea-Arse game? The game came to a stop on a throw in so the ref and the video ref could have a chat about whether an incident from 2 minutes ago was a penalty. This isn't sustainable. We need the video ref making these decisions himself as soon as he sees the replays.

>11 minutes of action
>literally 3 hours of standing around and commercials

now you're just trolling me right?

Those 3 hours mean 3 lunches.

>VAR catches a penalty for team A 10 seconds late
>team B scores a legal goal with a counter attack
>they pull the game back to said penalty
ah yes, marvelous.

Compared to 90 minutes of standing around, that's way better.

Except Basketball actual game time is 48 minutes, the other 1 hour and half is commercials, 1000 time outs, uninteresting dancing performances, dance cam, kiss cam and other amerishart retarded things.

They should throw some ads for the americans the moment the ref asks for var.

>3 hours of standing around is better than 90 minutes of standing around

americans, everyone.

>muh tempo

The reason we have so much advertisements is because our people actually earn more than $10 a year and don't have 200% import taxes on everything. If you lived in a first world country maybe you'd understand.

>1 in a million situation might happen

Guess we better scrap the whole idea so

>defending ads

this is getting pathetic

i would award the goal to team B and subsequently award team A a penalty kick

there faggot

Your time is coming up Paco

>you will never be this brainwashed

Feels good lads.

I don't get why they're so slow. It literally takes anyone 1-2 5sec replays to get the decision right. Probably waiting for instructions from the betting/fa committee on whether the refball is needed or believable.

>get rekt
>redditfrog trump meme

you're so fucking mad right now.

also i'm a legal citizen (born in the US)

At least our jews only stick to advertisements. Your country is about to be ruled by a literal kang.

i unironically used to be well in favour of var

upon reflection, it's perhaps the worst thing i've ever seen

>i'm a legal citizen
Not for long anchorbaby.

Because, right now, the on-field ref is the one that's supposed to make the final call. This is a fundamental change that needs to be made. Let the video ref make the call as soon as he's seen it. Who gives a fuck about conferring with the on-field ref. The entire point of video review is that we get to review situations that the referee potentially hasn't seen.

>1 in a million
show me your math

where in that image does it say anything about anchor babys ie. legal citizens?

Good concept, terrible execution. The VAR guys should instantly review every questionable calls, instead of waiting for the ref to ask.

>relies on tempo to be good
>players wriggle around on the ground for minutes multiple times a game
my neurons sure are working hard right now...

Lel my parents and my brothers are citizens
Back to /r/the_donald pls

I want soyboy spics off my board

'no'

deal with it, Thomas

Why do on-field refs exist? Literally VAR every decision. A ball boy and a laser pointer should be enough to replace them. Ball boy for the drop, laser pointer to tell people where fouls were committed. Announce everything over VA.

Imagine being so BTFO'D that you go off topic and bring in our expired cheeto with nylon hair of a president

watch less loliga and Manchester clubs

Why aren't football players fatter then like in handegg and baseball if you can just "stand around"?

>>DUDE lets slow down a sport that relies on tempo to be good
That explains why it isn't good.

>DDDE lets use it in its intended purpose but ONLY if it fits the narrative LMAO

They survive on semen rations

>buys a shirt of favorite team
>they actually keep the ads on them

legit questions that soccer fags can't answer

There are many cases of footballers that get fat when they retire.

It's not legit though. Have you actually watched an entire match? Yeah sometimes it's slowed down because players are trying to create something but sometimes a team gains confidence and momentum the tempo goes high and the other team has to struggle a lot to defend. Many players even try to stall somehow to make the tempo go down.

Well some games aren't good. When players are breaking up play feigning injury or a team is just parking the bus, it isn't good or entertaining. But not all games are like that. A lot of the games between the top 6 in PL have been fantastic this season. They've been end to end, both teams playing at a great pace. VAR, in its current form, threatens to kill THOSE games. That's what I mean by tempo being integral.

>DUDE lets slow down a sport with awful, subjective and broken rules that relies on tempo to be good LMAO

Ftfy

I hope it doesn't turn into handegg.
>sick run through the opponent's defenders
>about to score a blooter
>flag is thrown
>action stops commercial starts
>5 minutes later,commercials stop
>AFTER REVIEWING THE PLAY, OFFENSE, NUMBER 9, WAS ONE THOUSANDTH OF AN INCH OUT OF BOUNDS DURING THE RUN
>THE BALL IS RESET TO THE POINT WHERE THE FLAG WAS THROWN, PLEASE ADD 20 SECONDS TO THE GAME CLOCK

For me, it's Giroud.

Its not really used in league play. If the world cup doesnt utilize it theres nothing to worry about

>Just give them both a penalty kick
Never referee anything please.

>I-it’ll mean 2% less errors

Four quarter games next.

Patrician sports are divided into three periods.

HOLDS IT

>team that's not supposed to win scores
Well done, well done.... HOWEVER, you comitted a subjective foul five minutes back, NO GOAL

If there is to be VAR it should only be used for objective calls, ie offside or if a ball is over the line.

>leagues implement goal line tech
>because of equality they don't want incorruptible first world non-soccer countries to do the reviews
>let soviet bloc and african countries review plays for Premier Leage, Champions League, etc...

yeah nothing will go wrong here

>That is, the on-field referee doesn't have to ask the video ref to review a decision - the video ref does it immediately and relays the info to the ref.
You're an idiot. This is what already happens, but the ref has the OPTION of checking for himself.

VAR is pretty good so far, and it'll get better.

Moving the ball is a way of getting players to make positional errors.
Damn, do you even have 3 digit IQ?

>tfw you were alive in the 90s when instant replay was controversial in handegg and this thread gives you a bizarre sense of deja vu

This. VAR will be used for result manipulation.

Gaddim