youtube.com/watch?v=cxI5fSp1cco
npb.jp/preseason/2018/schedule_detail.html
mlb.mlb.com/mlb/schedule/index.jsp?src=main#date=02/21/2018
discord.gg/KxfZmr4
youtube.com/watch?v=sUxgqzW40qg
youtube.com/watch?v=f_fzL9Gr9tQ
youtube.com/watch?v=yu7Oim0Mzwg
twitter.com/jcrasnick/status/951272535257223169
twitter.com/jcrasnick/status/951272535257223169https://twitter.com/jcrasnick/status/951272535257223169https://twitter.com/jcrasnick/status/951272535257223169https://twitter.com/jcrasnick/status/951272535257223169https://twitter.com/jcrasnick/status/951272535257223169https://twitter.com/jcrasnick/status/951272535257223169
twitter.com/jcrasnick/status/951274447402684422
twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/951274837275758599
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

CUBS!

NuTho.

Reminder that Cactus League > Grapefruit League

Yelich, Castro and Realmuto for Bichette and Reid-Foley

that is an acceptable and equitable deal

Nats desu senpai

Royals

>2018
>0
>1
>8

>Check the broadcast just because.
>See Junior Lake at bat.
Well shit, this is a small world.

Retired or active, who is your favorite "big man" in baseball?

Baby ruth

Lake did nothing wrong
youtube.com/watch?v=q1ZYiTl585Q

Retired or active, who is your favorite "big woman" in baseball?

Marge Schott?

Explain this Astro fags

>Jason Wood is under investigation by the union for “allegedly filming numerous clients while they were using his shower”

> Andrew Benintendi was a known client, and Wood has also repped other notable MLB players such as Jake Odorizzi and David Phelps

>others are Cody Asche, Chi Chi Gonzalez, Matt Reynolds, Devon Travis

damn bros, I can't wait for the Benintendi nudes to come out #hotstove

kek. one year as the parade was getting going, her golf cart passed in front of us and she was literally not moving. like at all. no blinking, no head turning, nothing

>El Paso is gray
They have to go back. All of them.

>damn bros, I can't wait for the Benintendi nudes to come out #hotstove
Were any of you hoping this would involve Anthony Recker? If so why?

>>Jason Wood is under investigation by the union for “allegedly filming numerous clients while they were using his shower”
This did not involve Anthony Recker unless the agent was a straight man.

Who else watched this shit as a 2 year old?

youtube.com/watch?v=XfG0-iW5o0Y

Schwarber has been working out hella hard this offseason and looks noticeably different lads.

Do you think it will actually make a difference?

No

Nvm I was 3 years old, '86 baby here. This was my actual shit wbw
youtube.com/watch?v=cxI5fSp1cco

>Lake did nothing wrong

When you're a crappy player (every season he played after 2013 was abysmal) you don't get to hot dog it to the point of starting shit, especially when you're still down 4 runs.

I say this as a Cubs fan.

Are there any baseball players who worked out a bunch, came in with noticeably improved physique and then had a meaningful improvement?

I can't think of any.

Heathcliff might be the most bizarre comic strip in the paper.

>Are there any baseball players who worked out a bunch, came in with noticeably improved physique and then had a meaningful improvement?
Barry Bonds

I don't see the daily Sup Forums threads anymore.

He still hit 30 HR last season. He still had a walk rate of ~12%. His rookie year he struck out ~28% of the time, in 2017 it was 30%. Without looking up his batted ball data at Fangraphs, on the surface his performance doesn't look that dramatically different. He just got worse results.

I meant whether 2018 will look noticeably better from previous seasons due to his newfound buffness

Cycling isn't a sport

Maybe. It should help in the OF if he's trimmer. His production at the plate might just get better from being more experienced in the majors.

Handegg

*kneels*

Maybe it's just bias, but the cartoons and children shows were a lot better in the mid 1980's and early 90's.

The only thing more confusing than these comics is the fact that Gary Larson has never been able to live down Cow Tools, but I haven't heard of any similar blowback against Gallagher, it's the nephew that's done the really obtuse ones, right?

From the press report, he's lost at least 30 pounds and is looking to shed even more. The less weight will make him a bit more speedy which will help with his outfielding, and he clearly has the work ethic to keep pushing himself instead of just mopping. I think the real wild card is going to be the new batting coach, Chili Davis, and how he'll help Schwarber with his batting. Although he's already on the right track because what really killed Schwarber last year was that at the start of the season he was aiming to be a slugger and only go for home runs or multi base hits instead of settling with just getting on base. And he got destroyed by pitchers as a result of that. After going back from the minors and rebuilding his confidence, he dropped that approach and was able to bring his BA above .200, which while not respectable on its own, was a good moral victory for him to close out the season.
I'm hoping for a good season with Schwarbs since he has it and Epstein has confidence in him still.

>avatarfagging lifelongs

Pre-Seasons Calendar

MLB - 21/02
NPB (Japan) - 24/02
KBO (Korea) - Will start around NPB date but idk how long will be

Taiwan League and KBO will make pre-season mix-games with NPB during pre-season spring camps as well

Official Schedules:
npb.jp/preseason/2018/schedule_detail.html
mlb.mlb.com/mlb/schedule/index.jsp?src=main#date=02/21/2018

only 2 more days til opening day brehs

DeNA/Seibu fan here. Can't wait. Also like SK for KBO. If you post the nightly gamethreads again, I'll come help you out if you need. Those were comfy last year.

in case if you are wondering the Asian Season will starts in following dates

KBO - 23/03
NPB - 30/03

Also, the 90th Spring Koshien will happen at 30/03, it also seems that will have more teams this year beacuse its the 90th edition (also the Summer will make the 100th edition this year and will be more longer as well)

>mfw :DDDDDeNA fan

sure, any help to make thread goes on and make people have fun is well accepted, also there is a discord chat that we use when there isnt having matches (also occasional shitposting of news)

discord.gg/KxfZmr4

>Discord
These threads are dead enough we don't need a discord.

In Lake's defense, he's been paranoid about home runs ever since this.
youtube.com/watch?v=sUxgqzW40qg

They'll pipe up once spring training starts

unironically i have running this discord (beacuse people asked) for a entire year now and its going good

besides i plan not much the discord during the threads, maybe only after the matches but it will be rare this year

btw the discord sever that i did was for International Baseball

there is another one made for /mlb/ but is like a secret club where only select people comes in

MARINERS!

>had a Griffey Mariners jersey as a kid
>still wonder why I received it when we went to Cubs games every year, I only watched Cubs on TV, and had never expressed any interest in Griffey

Because he had the GOATAT video game.
youtube.com/watch?v=f_fzL9Gr9tQ

And I say that as a Cubes fan.

Will someone redpill me on the Anthony Recker meme?

I heard there is a secret discord for /mlb/?

/mlb/ is full of homos that like to post about male ass
Notice how lifelong cusb fans and reckerposting both coincidentally grew in the past year

It's probably the fat man hiding his repressed gay side like the rest of those hardcore Christians who keep preaching anti-gay stuff in church.

>had never expressed any interest in Griffey

Which player most expresses your interest?

>Notice how lifelong cusb fans and reckerposting both coincidentally grew in the past year
Did anything else grow thanks to Reckerposting?

>Which player most expresses your interest?
One can express milk from Colon’s fat tits.

I wouldn't doubt it

>/mlb/ is full of homos that like to post about male ass
Does Recker have a male ass? Is he even male?

>Notice how lifelong cusb fans and reckerposting both coincidentally grew in the past year
Why do people here say it’s not gay if it’s Recker.

>CLE: Mets have spoken recently with OF Jay Bruce
because changing nothing at all from the previous season worked so well in 2017, right

I have fat turtle hands and I root for 13 teams

Why do you hate gays and winning teams?

I too have fat turtle hands and I root for 13 teams

But they have changed things, user. They have even less depth now.

Why do you hate straight men and winning teams

>Not rooting for 14 teams
Casuals

surely trading for a way past his prime Andrew McCutchen and signing Todd Frazier will fix that

Remember when Schwarber was posting all his meme clickbait instagram/twitter bullshit of him trying to work out so he can hit over .200 this year? Then the lifelongs ate all that shit up like the cumdumpsters they are.

I do.

>he only roots for one team

And people call the Cubs the bad guys when baseball fans from Indiana exist.

You're fat.
Samefag

BIG

MEATY

HANDS

Reminder that the Cleveland Indians are to forever be blamed for creating the biggest monster on this general today.

The Yaks?

He means the Indians should have never lost the next 3 games.

So the Yaks.

>Illinois queer jealous of the Northwest Indiana master-race.

Low AF taxes, we're allowed to own firearms and defend our homes and property(we own larger and better pieces of property than you for a fraction of your cost). Fantastic food, and the drive to Chicago is quick and easy so we get to enjoy all the great parts of the city without having to deal with the bullshit taxes, laws, and expenses that come with living in Chicago.

I have great hands. Good strong knuckles, which is why I threw a badass knuckle curve when I pitched. You never played baseball as you were fat and watched Naruto, you weren't even cool enough to watch Gundam.

>You never played baseball as you were fat and watched Naruto
Why are you talking about yourself in the 2nd person?

youtube.com/watch?v=yu7Oim0Mzwg

>I threw a badass knuckle curve when I pitched
Dipping cookies into nacho cheese is not "pitching"

twitter.com/jcrasnick/status/951272535257223169
EVERYONE GET IN HERE

Who are the Anthony Reckers of handegg (NFL) and NHL?

twitter.com/jcrasnick/status/951272535257223169https://twitter.com/jcrasnick/status/951272535257223169https://twitter.com/jcrasnick/status/951272535257223169https://twitter.com/jcrasnick/status/951272535257223169https://twitter.com/jcrasnick/status/951272535257223169https://twitter.com/jcrasnick/status/951272535257223169 HOT STOVE GET YOUR HOT STOVE HERE

Why must you always be so upset and combative /mlb/?

>0
METS

I call him Gay Bruce

>Monika

it seems that someone has good taste here, huh?

METS SIGN JAY BRUCE
twitter.com/jcrasnick/status/951274447402684422

You're gay

>twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/951274837275758599
>Source confirms: Jay Bruce back to #Mets, three years, $39 million.
WEW

It's like they can't make up their mind whether they are okay with Conforto in CF or not. As for Frazier, I guess they could stick Cabrera at 2B, but I wonder if they are regretting picking up that option with the way this market has been playing out.

>mfw offseason is so boring that the stove gets cold again after 10 mins

>mest

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAJAHHAAHHAHAHAHSHHAAHHAHHABAHBABHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHWHI30DFB8EBE8OEH28U4BDKOS

This is it. This is the move that puts them over the top. Lock em in folks.

Frazier is a significant improvement over literally not having a good 3B. The success of the season is completely dependent on the pitching not losing their elbows again if the Mets can sign a competent 3B. If we had a situation where the Mets did something like sign todd and then someone like nunez I'd think the team would have a fair shot at the NLWC, if the pitching doesn't die again.

They could use another SP.