He's the greatest genius to ever work with a movie camera

He's the greatest genius to ever work with a movie camera.

Discuss.

2001 wasn't that well received critically on initial release.

explain

It was ahead of its time. It changed art films for good.

>not Greg Lansky

explain

I think you meant to post a picture of this guy.

I didn't really like Clockwork Orange and the shining wasn't that great to me. Eyes wide shut on the other hand was enhoyable. I watched them as a kid and now I may have a diferent opinion, but I am not interested in rewatching them. I honestly wait until I have watched enough films to watch 2001 as it is considered an absolute masterpiece.

Knew of a the secret with govermint. He proven moon lander fake even from the eventual start... as for seen by Danny in stephan king "shine" movie Danny wearing apolo 13 hoodie. Eyes wide shut proven tom cruise the scene with a mask (proof). Died before his time as a wife once said, "heart just fine". Evedance a coverup

That isn't Akira Kurosawa

Well, not unless he got surgery to open his eyes more

YOu're doing it fucking wrong. 2001 is supposed to be your first step into kino and you should watch it high. wtf dude

His best film was barely an 8/10 and its NOT 2001.

Discuss.

Barry Lyndon?

2001: A Space Odyssey

Soviet Union?

UNO FARTO @ 3:17

Tarkovsky was a shitposting autist that desperately wanted to be on the same level as Bresson or Bergman. He never succeeded though

Nay.

what does Sup Forums think of Park Chan-wook?

He was devoid of any visionary idea or personality. Tarkovsky's critique of 2001 was truly spot on. There is nothing artistic about emphasizing 21st century interplanetary tram stations. His view on spirituality was so shallow, 2001 is comparable to a plank. Even George Lucas has more artistic merit than him.

What does the sign say? Gengis Gengis Khan?

Pfft, no one outside film snobs has any idea who he is. Everyone knows Kubrick, checkmate faggot.

Zerkalo and Stalker are better than anything from Bresson and Bergblatt.

Ingmar Bergman said of him: "Tarkovsky for me is the greatest (director), the one who invented a new language, true to the nature of film, as it captures life as a reflection, life as a dream."

wtf... i hate kubrick now

He also said that Hitler was right about pretty much everything

>pretty much everything
He said ALMOST everything. He basically called hitler a dumb goy.

That's a weird picture of Ken Russell OP.

Best : 2001

Comfiest : Barry Lyndon

That's not DePalma

I honestly don't see how that makes a significant difference. Where are you getting this negative interpretation from anyway? The person who claims Kubrick said this was disturbed by it because he got the impression Kubrick was praising Hitler, not disparaging him.

>Where are you getting this negative interpretation from anyway?
It's not negative, hitler really was an idiot like the rest of the goyim. Try reading Reflections of a Nonpolitical Man.

Many of the best films of all time didn't do very well on release. Real art takes a moment to be interpreted & understood, digested by the culture, and find its audience/reputation.

This is why the current theatrical release model, where all films must compete to make their entire production/advertising budget back in three weeks, is anti-quality and destined for collapse.

kinomatic