Ball Bros in Lithuania

This is the most interesting thing to happen in sports for a while. Kudos to the old man for realizing and admitting through his actions his kids aren't gonna learn shit in school anyways and don't care to be there, they literally live to ball.

Takes large amounts of courage and/or stupidity to have your kids' futures essentially be a science experiment, but I really hope it works out and I think it well. Lavar Ball is smarter and more creative than most people give him credit for.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lavar
youtube.com/watch?v=rxgITGp6Izs
youtube.com/watch?v=6vglRsXkcdM
youtube.com/watch?v=-461Ybfy8o0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Liangelo is retarded and terrible and won't leave Lithuatvia or whatever shithole he lives in now.
Melo is actually good. Give him ~6 years and he might actually be better than Lonzo.

You're a fucking idiot
Why the fuck would forcing his son's to move to Lithuania be a good thing?

Baltics are literally the most irrelevant first world countries, why would they move there

Professional teams aren't going to want to touch them with a 10ft pole. He's already doing everything in his power to alienate lonzo and ruin his career. He really should just shut the fuck up

>Lavar
Most american thing I've seen all week.

only place outside of inner city america that cares about basketball.

Their entire family is comedic

>LaVar
>Lamelo
>LiAngelo
>Lonzo

>tfw lavar is a metal gear fan trying to create his own LaLeLiLoLu

>Baltics
>First world

I'm not sure what timeline you're in, but you seem to be crossing over into this one. Either that or you're a retard.

It would have been smart if he moved them to an actually relevant country instead of Lithuania.

do they just make names up out of nothing? don't people get laughed at when they do this?

most americans are too pussy to laugh at niggers.

"First world," "second world," and "third world" refer to global divisions during the cold war. So technically Lithuania is by definition a "second world" country.

>pulling your kids out of school and shipping them off to eastern Europe to play basketball
>good parenting

How long before they end up kidnapped or in prison?

This. Lonzo is at risk of being cut loose despite being a pretty decent player with tons of potential still and an improving shot due to his dad's inability to stop talking.

Lavar needs to fucking stay in his own lane.

>Sweden
confirmed third world country

>first world countries like Zimbabwe and Namibia

Pretty much this. You'd have to be a generational talent for a team to even consider putting up with Lavar's shit long term. I don't see Lonzo lasting through next season at this rate, because his father is the type to continually double down on his bullshit until he's completely destitute. His son needing a presidential intervention to avoid dying in a Chinese gulag should have been a sobering moment, but he just doubled down on his dinduism instead. Should be fun to watch this trainwreck at least.

Not to mention not getting a nike or Adidas or whatever sponsorship because his dad keeps interfering because of those garbage sneakers.

Daily reminder that Lavar forced his son to reject a nine-figure endorsement deal from Nike/Adidas/Reebok prior to the draft, and now that door is closed forever

All names were made up at some point.

Underrated

Well they would have evolved from a particular meaning. What is the meaning behind Lavar?

I don't know but I've seen other people with that name.
Look:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lavar

We must destroy the yanks

they were derived from actual places, historical people, events, etc. they weren't made up for the sole purpose of sounding different than white names.

Haha!
Scared of finnish bull..

How does this work for Melo's future? Wouldn't highschool ball -> college ball -> draft still be better for him?

Yes, yes it would. But LaVar cares more about Big Baller Brand than actually seeing LaMelo prosper.

basketball is huge here m8

>moving the goalposts
There's nothing inherently wrong or any more "dumb" with having a black name or a white name. It's just sound and equally arbitrary as the name Fernando or Kyle.

Shut the fuck up, one of you fucking faggots appears whenever someone says first world. No shit that's how people used to use these words but that's not what the modern usage is so who gives a flying fuck. Kill yourself

Damn, you sound very upset

Yeah I am, I'm tired of you fucking Reddit faggots who think you're so fucking smart because you chime into conversations with you gay ass "ACKCHUALLY THIRD WORLD REFERS TO" bullshit when that's not how it's used in the modern era. Fucking retarded autistic faggot

>pic
kek

>There's nothing inherently wrong or any more "dumb" with having a black name

>do they just make names up out of nothing?
Not moved the goalposts at all

that definition is outdated, you understand what he said, first world are the top 20-25% countries in terms of life quality

>fucking retarded autistic faggot

Kek, bit of pot and kettle with that outburst eh, spergy?

lol

Well maybe we should use the term as it was intended, and use a different term for that.

but I mean, you understand what people mean by first world when talking today, replying to people who use the normal used definition saying it actually means other thing is a bit stupid, and happens pretty much every time someone says "first world" on this website

I mean, I tried to imply that only "technically" is Lithuania a second world country. I guess I didn't stress that strongly enough. I wasn't trying to tell anyone they were wrong, just pointing out what I feel is an interesting fact about the origin of the term.

fuck off ESPN

brandon jennings got 1M to play in europe

and they're unironically not even good enough for pro league there lmao

The la-a myth is complete bullshit. Yes black names are stupid but this story is changed and used all over the country, the girl is basically always in the closest major city to where you are when you hear it. Growing up I heard "la-a" went to high school in Philly

t. angry latyronemelo jr

This unironically, they are insufferable know it all faggots

>Lavar Ball is smarter and more creative than most people give him credit for
I don't know much about him, but from what I've seen, he looks like a nice guy. He liked our food and stuff.
The kids obviously hate being here though.

t. Jamal Stein-Hernandez

What were Lithuanian basketball bro's stats? Only 5 players have gone to the NBA from the Lithuanian First Division in 40 years. They're paying for playing time in the Lithuanian Second Division.

>dat gym

>implying you would hire Dejamarcus Latavion over an equally qualified black with a normal name

The coaches are all talking now because the Ball family is threatening the integrity of the NBA

which is kind of hilarious to be quite honest

>t. Ladwayna Mongnolio

how can one family be so fucking ugly jesus christ

I'd hate to be the Lakers right now, having to choose between losing Lonzo and screwing up your plans, possibly for years, or dealing with LaVar and his shit forever, it's a lose-lose situation at the moment. Not that I care, being a Sixers fan (inb4 loser).

Unless you are a sure-fire NBA prospect, playing for a few years and making 50k a year to play basketball at 19 isn't a bad deal.

None of them seem to be able to deal with Europe. Don't know if it is the lack of fans or the tiny portions of Soda but US basketball players don't play there as much as they should.

nah you just let him play out his rookie contract, possibly trading him in the last year for a 2nd round pick.

Bench warming LaVar (which he will be next year) is still cheaper than getting a vet and having him play backup guard.

Except they're not making 50k. More like 500 a month.

It's better to play basketball here than in bongland. You probably have never even had an Euroleague-tier club.

They have played only one game which was a friendly tournament iniatiated by the God Lavar himself. They played against Zalgiris (best club in the country) U21 (or somet shit) team. Gelo scored 19, Melo 10 (0/5 3pt). The coach was impressed by LaMelo, said he had potential.

>Dat gym

Don't bully, we actually have reasonable arenas in the bigger cities. One of them isn't much worse than your average NBA arena.

They are playing for food stamps tho

This desu. LaVar is GOAT.

>Why the fuck would forcing his son's to move to Lithuania be a good thing?

Let the situation all play out. Who knows, it might be a good move so long as they don't get stuck in the US media vacuum like Lonzo did for a while not to mention, they can actually focus on getting better at their game without side distractions and/getting into trouble with old friends.

They're still filming their damn reality show while over there

Rather be third world than the slave of USA/Russia/China

I agree I'm tired of this shit as well. The people who do it are just trying to sound smart.

Nice to hear from an actual Lithuanian, are people over there excited about the Ball brothers?

Do you even know what a second world country is, idiot?

They wasted a high draft pick on a half-breed meme player who can't shoot knowing the whole time that his dad was a megalomaniac, they're getting what they deserve.

Its funny given that hes literally referring to a second world country. Stop being so god damn serious

real reason why american dicklets cant handle eurobasketball

youtube.com/watch?v=rxgITGp6Izs

They're more likely to end up kidnapped in the United States of 56% than Europe

not in hollywood they don't, people are fucking coocoo over there

Yeah

>LaVar
hahahahah

I thought it was a bad idea to move to lithuania over other countries. however if they do really well this season they could get sold to a bigger club in a more relevant euro league for some change to help out this lithuanian team.

>are people over there excited about the Ball brothers

You can definitely say this. People definitely seem more interested in this than Balls themselves. Media, both sports and general, are also shilling them quite hard.

It will be interesting to see if they get actual playing time in league competition this Saturday. The first obstacle is their "reality show" crew which was already once not allowed into one team's ground. Second problem, is that a coach seems hesitant about playing them in local league games which are much harder than the first debut game Balls played. Some anons said that their team (Vytautas) is playing in second division, but it's not true - they are actually playing in the highest division, it's just that they are struggling right now at the bottom of the table.

Thats what I meant by them not really being interested or fired up:

youtube.com/watch?v=6vglRsXkcdM

youtube.com/watch?v=-461Ybfy8o0

Any effort of them to learn lithuanian (or russian)?

kek, I don't think so. Although, there's probably no point in learning the language of a country in which you will be staying for several months or probably even less.

And russian would not really be helpful since young people (including probably his teammates) don't really speak it nowadays

Well, I think they should learn a few basic greetings, at least. What's Lithuanian for "please fondle my bum"?

Žalgiris wants lamelo. liangelo would be better off trying out as an nfl tight end or something like rico gathers