NFL London

>back to sending their better teams like the early days
>first game at Spurs' new stadium, purposely built for NFL games as well as football, one each for Wembley and Twickenham

Can't wait for the London Bulldogs™ franchise.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oxRjL3Fdh5w
americanfootballinternational.com/european-championships-officially-postponed/
americanfootballinternational.com/ifaf-paris-puts-boot-usa-football-2/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>tfw no london

>3 weeks in a row this year

They just keep pushing the envelope

Sorry I can't read, they've actually dropped Twickenham unless Spurs fail to complete construction.

It's not a bad stadium but it's really miles from central London, and on a Sunday when public transport is reduced from London and elsewhere, that's no fun.

A new team will probably play home and away in 4 week blocks, so yeah it's all practice.

I read something funny like the Jets brought more toilet paper for one weekend than they gained in Yards last season.

They honestly need to be hosting games outside of London. They proved their is fan support in London, now try to branch out a little bit. Maybe give Cardiff a shot, or Dublin.

no thanks, we want to keep the niggers here IN london. Not have them branch out

>Cardiff
I'd say go to Northern England like Manchester. Rugby is more popular up there and it would show that the NFL has a broader band of support. I think they wouldn't have to worry about not selling out.

>Seahawks - Raiders

What a way to turn a short away game into an absolute trek for both sides.

That the stoop in the background?

Yes, take them to Ireland. Then Germany and it can leave us alone

keep your fucking shit out of manchester thanks

I was actually thinking that any large metropolitan city in England would be a sure thing but that maybe some international or culuturally different cities would have better potential for growth and be a better way to gauge fan support and potential for growth

They want it near Heathrow airport so yanks can fly in

>London bulldogs
>Not London Muhadjeen
They allready have Saracens for rugby

But can't you tube into to anything in London? I hear the infrastructure there is amazing as well as on time and reliable.

Londons network is good for going from the suburbs to center and the very centre but shit from outer area to outer area

Londoner here
Short answer
Yes
Long answer
nooo

If the Jags reach the bowl or even the Conference final would their chances for a move go up or down? I would assume nobody wants to move a popular team and they seem to be on the rise atm.

rugby isn't popular in manchester I never knew anyone into it growing up in manchester everything is football, it's popular in shit holes nearby like st. helens and wigan

What about Sale and Salford? They are basically manchester

>not relocating the bucs and renaming them the British Buccaneers
>not relocating the jags to mexico city to play at azteca

They won't be the British anything. They'll be London X in case the NFL decides to bring another franchise to the UK.

bring back NFL Europe

>any other UK city worthy of an NFL franchise
kekkity kek

Manchester and Birmingham are bigger than most of your cities currently with NFL teams.

>any uk city worthy of one

>Birmingham

lmaooooooooo

You realise NFL teams represent whole states and sometimes multiple states? You're an absolute moron holy shit.

>Birmingham
exactly

>"""""league"""""
NFL is literally too complicated for league brainlets

There is barely enough talent to support the NFL as is let alone another league.

There are tons of minor american football leagues already in Europe (Spain, France, Austria, Germany, the UK, Finland, Italy, The Balkans).
Plus all the washed up and undrafted cunts can land into NFL Europe. Or make it like a summer league, where players from the regular NFL want to earn extra cash can come to the NFL Europe and play.

a
fucking
sith
holocron

youtube.com/watch?v=oxRjL3Fdh5w

You've misunderstood my post. By talent I mean actually quality players worth watching. The standard of NFL europe would be fucking garbage and it wouldnt be able to compete with other sports. Thats what killed it last time.

>Summer league for regular NFL players
Do you have any idea how banged up these dudes are over the summer? Why would they risk their multimillion dollar careers to play a meaningless league for peanuts? Do you even watch the NFL?

>They honestly need to be hosting games outside of London.

I remember the 2015 London game with the Lions vs. Chiefs and even though the Lions got their asses kicked, my buddies and I had a blast, as the game was broadcast here in the U.S. starting at 9:00am so we were getting drunk first thing in the morning and the local bar put on a free breakfast.

But I agree that each game of the International Series ought to rotate thru different cities, instead of just London and one game in Mexico.

Surely there's enough interest to play one game per year in Paris, Berlin, Rome, Warsaw, Moscow, Beijing, Tokyo, Seoul, Buenos Aires, Rio de Janeiro, Mexico City and Sydney.

Even if there’s not much interest in football overseas, locals will go see the games just out of curiosity to see something different.

Swap Rio for Sao Paulo and you're good. BR niggas can't into football, too complicated

There's a big difference between Ice Hockey and Basketball, with various pro/semi-pro leagues of various standards around the world, and Handegg having a few teams playing mostly on parks (outside Germany/Austria).

>Tottenham Hotspur
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE IT'S CALLED WHITE HEART LANE

yes I do and last time NFL Europe was a thing a lot of players were active both in Europe and the USA.
If the NFL is serious about branching in europe they can always start training people and getting them ready. Setting up a team in the UK is only the start.

Dante Hall spent some time in Scotland playing both for the Chiefs and both for the Claymores

> > Summer league for regular NFL players
> Do you have any idea how banged up these dudes are over the summer?

I’ve mentioned before that the NFL needs to set up an B League, with teams associated with the current A league teams (though maybe playing in a different city in the same state) playing in the spring/summer.

There are hundreds of football players coming out of college every year who aren’t quite good enough to make it in the A League NFL but they can still put on a good show, plus the B League teams would act as farm clubs for the A League, with players moving up to the big time if there’s a injury or they show some talent.

NFL is not popular outside of faggot millenial hipsters in Londonistan

Not for another year
Then they'll have 8 London games a year there

It's "amazing" that the 120 year old tube network keeps working

Ever wondered why this has failed literally every time anything similar is attempted? The idea makes sense but it wouldn't work.

I know some UK teams share rugby fields with the rugby teams and yeah some do play in "parks". I had a friend who played for a team in Scotland and their field was in a park, but it had goal posts and everything

>Seahawks and Chargers have to fly halfway across the world to play 1 game.
Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to have west coast teams play in London?

There will never be a team relocated to London or wherever. They will have to add more expansion teams

Jaguars

Rugby is far more popular in Wales proportionally than in England.

Aren't going anywhere.

Dunno why they keep flogging this. There's no appetite for NFL here outside of hipster morons. NFL is way too ad-heavy, it'll never catch on here. People are used to their free flowing games.

Don't really give that much of a shit avout the NFL. All I'm saying is that it's a smarter business move for them to go north for one game. Locals will attend one game just out of interest and to say they've seen an NFL game.

>Ever wondered why this has failed literally every time anything similar is attempted? The idea makes sense but it wouldn't work.

Because the World Football League (1974-75), the USFL (1983-85) the United Football League (2009–12), etc. were all _separate_ leagues in addition to and _competing with_ the existing NFL and all played in the fall/winter.

I’m suggesting a second parallel NFL league, owned and operated by the NFL with the teams being directly tied to their parent A league teams and located in nearby cities in the same state (or at least region) and wearing the same colors as their parent team, with alt-logos.

The NFL would be building on its existing structure and fan base, while keeping interest in pro-football going most of the year round while the A League teams would have a ready pool of back-ups in the event of injuries.

Soccer does this, baseball does this, hockey does this, so why couldn’t the NFL do it?

Europe needs to get their shit together
americanfootballinternational.com/european-championships-officially-postponed/

>According to a statement from IFAF Europe CA both on the EFAF website and on the German American Football Federation, AFVD, website, the European Championship tournament scheduled for 2018, has officially been postponed.
>A new date will be announced at a later time.

>This announcement from Jan. 8, should not come as a surprise to most. The international American football scene has been plagued by strife for the past two years with two warring sides, IFAF Paris and IFAF New York, in a showdown to decide which is the official ruling body for the sport.

>A partial ruling by the Court of Arbitration for Sport, CAS, in September, basically removing Tommy Wiking (IFAF Paris) from the presidency and invalidating all his actions since 2015, fell short of naming either side as the official body.

>The four teams that had been scheduled to play in the 2018 European Championships – Germany, France, Austria and Italy – had been set to play at the Commerzbank-Arena in Frankfurt, Germany.

>Apparently, there was a question as to whether the tournament could be recognized as a legitimate European championship. Italy had won one qualifying round while Great Britain won the other.

>The two teams would have then played a final qualifier against Denmark and Sweden who finished fifth and sixth at the 2014 European Championships. The top four teams from that tournament – Germany, Austria, France and Finland – had already automatically qualified for the 2018 tournament. But the political issues arising from the IFAF split prevented the final qualifying games.

>Meanwhile, the international American football community awaits the final CAS decision.

Were not just in London mate. We are all over England.

You already have the Jags, don't be greedy

>wales
>not sheep

americanfootballinternational.com/ifaf-paris-puts-boot-usa-football-2/

>The International Federation of American Football (IFAF) faction led by Tommy Wiking, known as IFAF Paris, has decided to ‘withdraw recognition’ of USA Football, the national governing body of American football in the United States. This is the latest political move in the battle for control of international American football since the international federation was split during the 2015 World Championships in Canton, Ohio.

>IFAF Paris, through a statement released on their website, claims that USA Football has ‘multiple, continuous and ongoing violations of the IFAF Anti-Doping Code.’

>All this seems reasonable and in order, unless one knows that USA Football has not recognized IFAF Paris leadership, competition control systems, or sketchy statute changes made during the time since the 2015 split. USA Football, along with most of the world’s leading American football nations (among them Canada, Mexico, Japan, Australia, Brazil, Sweden, Denmark and many more including the United Kingdom) are members of the IFAF New York faction, who have elected their own leadership structure and are hosting the IFAF Women’s World Championships in Langley, Canada this summer.

This is more of a shitshow than the Browns

>milf

based

>City size
Irrelevant when it comes to football in America. Ann Arbor, MI for instance has a population of 110,000 and has a 107,000 seat stadium.

they are clearly looking at teen sheep

>Court of Arbitration for Sport
Heh. Europe... What a joke.

Sounds like Paris are being assholes and causing all the problems.

"Following the cancellation of the 2015 IFAF World Championship in Sweden for financial reasons, the event was moved to the United States. In February 2015 Tommy Wiking resigned as president of IFAF due to the cancellation of the event. During the 2015 meeting, Tommy Wiking was illegitimately put as President, and caused a schism. One group, in New York, elected Roope Norenen as interim president in September 2014, and Richard MacLean in 2015. The other group, based in Paris, recognizes Tommy Wiking as president.

In September 2016, IFAF in Paris suspended six nations for not submitting players information for anti-doping, The suspended nations were the United States, Japan, Canada, Mexico, Finland, and Denmark. A group of European federations wished for a reunification of the sport during a December 2016 meeting in Rome. In May 2017, IFAF in Paris stripped USA Football of their membership due to not following anti-doping and releasing players' information. They were replaced by the United States Federation of American Football. The event at the 2017 World Games were run by the Paris group, while the New York group ran the Women's World Championship in 2017. In September 2017, the Court for Arbitration of Sport had determined that Wiking had officially resigned as president"

>Its headquarters are in Lausanne (Switzerland) and its courts are located in New York City, Sydney and Lausanne.

>France
Wtf is France getting involvied anyways?
It's called AMERICAN Football ffs!

>Its headquarters are in Lausanne (Switzerland)

European cowards have a tendency of creating these "world governing bodies" in order to continue their long european tradition of soliciting bribes and scheduling "world championships" during American league playoff seasons. See the IIHF for another example of this nonsense.

Saw Dolphins Raiders a few years ago, might go again to see the Raiders kill the Shehawks

I think giving London an NFL team would be a genius way to save the NFL. The revenue that the NFL generates would be more than enough to attract rugby players and European athletes. Don't get me wrong, I don't defend the NFL in any way nor do I support the league that knowingly kills it's players. The nfl is more corrupt than fifa in my opinion, but it's really a bit of a 5D chess move that should work.

Interestingly USA Football was created in junction with the NFL and the NFLPA
Which means that IFAF was indirectly fighting the only professional league the sport has

Lol no. NFL is just for hipster shitheads from Hackney here.
Well and yank expats

roger the retard goodell has been working on this london franchise for 20 years

US ratings are down... UK ratings? do they exist?

>Average NFL wage is $1.9m a year, so about £1.4m
>$36k a week, about £26k

>Average EPL salary is £2.6m or £50k a week

That's a fuckload of money for an african league

What do you mean by this stupid comparison?

only an idiot would play football here when you could play baseball or basketball

They only work half the year so the salaries are comparable
Which they shouldn't be btw
Kickers are getting paid the minimum because they don't do shit

Not even Guilford?

guilford wouldn't be a bad location desu
not that far from london or gatwick airport and has space for a new stadium

L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N

NFL roster is like 2.5 times the size

give me 5 (five) good reasons i should care

Yeah if events you guys had over here were anywhere near reasonably priced. Nobody in fucking manchester is spending 200+ for handegg tickets