Ghost in the Shell

1 week to go. what are your honest expectations?

Im expecting good visuals, designs, and action…but mediocre everything else.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I9n3gJRrHhk
senscritique.com/film/Ghost_in_the_Shell/critique/113481263
youtube.com/watch?v=_ZWddyAjWPI
m.youtube.com/watch?v=tNY-Qy_miNQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What does everyone else think of the 5 minute clip?
youtube.com/watch?v=I9n3gJRrHhk

In some shots Major looks lean, in others slightly chubby.
The floor scan looks comedic, but that's standard for cyberpunk films.
Other point is that it seems to lack atmosphere and build up. In the '95 GITS there's always vital pauses.

To be fair this is clearly a chopped up version of what will actually be in the movie. With that said, there's nothing in it that shows me that they've succeeded in capturing the original's tone or aesthetic.

aesthetically it looks great, but everything else seems shit
just like the the total recall remake

anime is the highest form of art and lame hollywood movies will never be able to compete with it

Don't wanna make a new thread for this but I've ne really watched the anime. Is it really good? I'm getting the vibe that it is. Anyone recommend?

Its pretty good

I turned it off halfway through, i really want to like anime. I've given it loads of tries but i just always find it a bit shit.

Watch the original 95' one. After that Innocence. Then forget about the franchise.

Is this part of the GITS cinematic universe?

It'll be trash. 1000% guarantee.

>good visuals

those giant holograms look dumb

They look pretty unique and relatively more futuristic than big display screens.

>aesthetically it looks great, but everything else seems shit

Here is one of the first reviews (In French)
Pretty much confirms its just a style over substance watered down action flick

senscritique.com/film/Ghost_in_the_Shell/critique/113481263

it's not that anime is high art, it's that the original anime has a certain tone,visual and atmosphere that hasn't been replicated in the new version. Even if the original wasn't anime it'd still have this kind of style. It's like comparing remakes to the original; the new star trek movies don't have the same tone as the old star trek stories.

Movie looks good visually, but I ain't expecting much else.
I'll still see it on $5 Tuesday a few weeks after release when it gets bad reviews everywhere.

absolute garbage

yes, its kino

Perfect

I've literally already watched this movie done with artistic integrity and intention.

It was an anime.

FUCK remakes, reboots and everything in between.

It's a revenge movie in the guise of a ghost in the shell movies.

It's almost like the god awful shitty revenge movie is inside itself inside the shell of the gits movie.

You could says the revenge move is the ghost in the shell of ghost in the shell.

This needs to flop.

>artistic integrity
LOL

If you had ever dabbled with creativity you'd know that there are generic stuff anyone can come up with or has experienced. This is the exact situation with the shots. These are not so uncustom that no one else could've come up with them.

Can someone please post the pick from the opening scene without cgi, where scarjo is running on the wall?
My google-fu is failing me.

They serve no purpose. They're just there for the sake of it.
If they where advertising things that'd be OK.

Thanks m8

>Taco in the Bell

What's up with all the white people complaining about "whitewashing"? she literally looks like the anime and the creator likes the casting choice.

40% on rt
Some plebs will like it

>scarlett johanson
>good visual

The black wig beats the dyke hair she has going on.

They need to look like they care about something bigger than themselves. Inadvertently they've made themselves look crass charlatans by making their target a fucking anime.

all style and no substance

I don't have a problem with her

not being awful

action scenes look like isis videos, with all the ramping and slow-mo i find it hilarious

first time i saw an isis video i thought "wait, did james cameron direct this?", shit looked like avatar combat

>what are your honest expectations?
That it will be a terrible movie but retards will pretend to like it just so that they can argue against people who think it's bad.

what does she mean by the last gesture?

ScarJo used to make kino films.

It's better that way. Trust me.

I'm not going to watch a bastardization of ghost in the shell, specially one made by disney.

Not going to see it, but I'm happy it exists because I finally got the english blu-rays for SAC because of it.

>Lost in Taco Hell

Under The Skin was kino.

But then you'd complain about shilling

visuals arent enough to carry a movie in my opinion so im expecting it to be utter shit. im not gonna see it though.

ScarJo has neither the face nor the physique to play the Major. Also what we know about the plot so far looks like it's gonna be a fucking abortion that has nothing to do even with the themes of GitS.
The visual and props look sick though, Weta are literally the only ones who seem to care about the whole thing.

I love CGI. I am expecting awesome CGI.

>what are your honest expectations?

None, it looks like shit so Im not going to watch it, not even gonna pirate it. I did otder the new blu ray of the 1995 movie though.

I am going to go see it to laugh.

At first I said, "No - this is going to be a massive insult to the property, it's fucking Avi Arad. Fuck everyone involved in this."

Then I watched that clip, and then I saw the picture of Motoko's grave, and then I saw the photo of the Asian girl with Kuze, and then I saw the redone tank. And my opinion changed.

This is going to be pure garbage on a level where it loops back in on itself and is hilarious.

I am still going to sneak in to see it though, fuck Avi.

I've never complained about shilling
but then we don't have IHOP, 7/11 or Sears in my country so i don't really notice.

"this is my butthole area"

like an overstuffed shrimp spring roll.

>style over substance

>Takeshi Kitano is clearly there to pocket his check
kek

I am so done with these fucking hypocrites. They're so transparent it's not even funny.

Oshii The so-called creator has shitty taste for live action movies.
Besides he is clearly shilling.

Take it easy there, samurai

What are those shots from?

40% Rotten Tomatoes, calling it now.

bottom left is Dead Ringers

youtube.com/watch?v=_ZWddyAjWPI
>robots don't need a lot of sleep

The lead art director doesn't even know that the protagonist of the movie is a cyborg?

ScarrJo with that haircut makes my dick so fucking hard broggos.

What could have been

m.youtube.com/watch?v=tNY-Qy_miNQ

What the fuck Sup Forums

What was with the Pie in the shell memes? She looks just fine.