Field Goals

Reminder that professional soccer goalkeepers could break American's favorite sport if they wanted

>kicking a ball across 58 metres into a 6-metre-long range at any height higher than 3 metres is considered a feat in American football, and awards you 3 points every time you do it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/4TBDinI97gk?t=2m15s
youtube.com/watch?v=Zj8j2buGyDk
youtube.com/watch?v=Z2lq_4Hy3zc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

(you)

Reminder that American kickers frequently kick 80+ yarders in practice
Let's see if this argie cunt can figure out why they can't in game

Then why hasn't a soccer player done it?

>be pro football player
>"I think I'll go and play a worse version of rugby that is for some reason also called football"
no

Christian Fuchs did it from 55 yards with one shot. He'd a defender too so is not the most gifted at kicking in comparison to other footballers

youtu.be/4TBDinI97gk?t=2m15s

Reminder that rugby kickers are more accurate than handegg kickers and they also run, pass and tackle.

The best kickers in the NFL make more than $4,000,000 per year (almost double the average PL salary and four times as much as the average Serie A salary). The average salary in the Argentine professional league is $300,000. You think every player in those leagues is so devoted to soccer that they would turn down the chance to earn more than 10 times more what they currently earn?

That's irrelevant, NFL kickers and even college kickers nail 80 yarders in practice.

Why are Americans so obsessed with money? You are actually brainwashed.

After 300 attempts. The point is consistency.

You think players in the top European leagues aren't playing for the money? Just look at all the players who went to China, or guys like Vela who don't even like soccer.

>implying the shape of the ball isn't a factor

Are you arguing that Fuchs could consistently make field goals from 55 yards out in a game with full pads? Or that NFL kickers can't consistently hit from 80, which is why the league record is around 60?

>all these inbred sawker fans not understanding why making them in practice is irrelevant
Hint: it has something to do with angles

There's a difference between kickoffs, when the ball can cross 80 yards "easily" and field goals, when you need to snap the ball, place it on the ground, turn it as the laces don't come at the foot of the kicker, while he must take his step in advance to kick the ball with a particular effect up the defence coming to touch it but not so high so it can go to the 60 yards.

After this, a pro soccer player knows how to deal with unexpected situations, but with "only" 80% success rate, while Succop, Prater or Tucker (or Aguayo in college) fail only 2-3% of the time.

Plus, it's easier to kick a soccerball with full power as you don't have to mind about the penetration of the football in the air. So you lose like 10% of the power (and 10-20% of the reach) in the process.

Ramos kicks 53 yard field goal
youtube.com/watch?v=Zj8j2buGyDk

He makes 5 or 6 steps after the ball is in ground. You just will never be able to do that in NFL. Adaptation.

it awards you 3 points, but you lose the ball to the opponent. it would be better to try for 7 i would imagine.

I'll take "Why America Rules the World" for 800, Alex.

i nail ure mum in practice lmao

>doing it for free
Hmm wonder who could be behind this post

Sure
Let them come and try

i've seen americans say this is their most athletic athlete

he gets embarrassed by manlet aguero

youtube.com/watch?v=Z2lq_4Hy3zc

>America Rules the World
>Mexico rules USA
What did they mean by this?

>W I R Y

He'd break into pieces if they played Watt's sport

The best part of this is right before he gets kicked in the face it looks like he is cowering and pleading not to be destroyed.

The difficulty in field goals is from the 7 large negroes rushing at you and trying to block it. You have to be able to get the kick off quickly or you will get fucked.

Anyone can make field goals with NO pressure and all the time to make a good run up. My high school kicker could make 50 herders easily in practice with no pressure, but it was harder in real game situations.

If it was so easy, a crappy backup goalkeeper would switch sports already. Why isnt Tim Howard destroying the NFL?

Just for the record, all of you retards do realize that kicking that kicking two different types of balls is different right?

>he says while EPL agents ruin the game by forcing teams to pay them $5,000,000+ just to agree to a transfer
Sure, we're obsessed with money and $200mil transfers are good for the game!

That's actually impressive, but I seriously doubt that 55-yard kick clears the linemen. The ball needs to get up faster, which hurts distance.

I can't tell if you're serious or not. The world is obsessed with money.

proofs????

Christian Fuchs for Lester intends to moved down to NFL after he finishes his career earning millions playing actual sport.

>5:35
absolutely humiliated lmao

and goalkeepers can kick a lot higher than that

>The world is obsessed with money.
Your country isn't the world. People in Argentina play rugby for free. People in Ireland play Gaelic football for free. Even though they could be professionals if they wanted.

>Even though they could be professionals if they wanted.
Yeah, I highly doubt that.

Imagine being so ignorant.

Okay, so what are their reasons for not turning professional?

>The servant class rules the USA
You fell for the Fight Club meme Faghinho

The ethos of amateur sports.

>they could!!!
>but they don't
>they don't want to!!!

Alright well it all seems like a moot point, I guess we'll never know.

baiting americans succesafully is not an achievement, and OP should feel bad for this dishonourable shitposting

Haha, sure.

>Hey, would you like to get paid extremely well to do something you love?
>No thanks, I'd rather spend 40-hours a week doing something I don't really like for low pay!

Because we are bored and have nothing better to do than make money and go to war, which is one and the same.

>dumbass euros itt don't understand that kicking longer field goals in games is harder than short ones less because of the distance, and more because of the angle
When you have to kick it longer, the angle is lower, which makes it much more likely to be blocked. Most kickers have the leg power to hit long distance kicks, but only when there are no defenders there to block it. In an actual game, they have to have the leg power to get the same distance with a higher than ideal angle.

Josh Lambo was a soccer goalkeeper, MLS and USA national team. He's doing pretty well at the Jasg