Godzilla: Monster Planet synopsis

>The last summer of the 20th century. On that day, the human race realized that they were not the only ruler of the planet earth.

>The emergence of gigantic monsters “kaiju” and the ultimate existence that even can destroy the kaijus, Godzilla. After half-century of the war against the kaijus, the human race repeatedly defeated and decided to escape from the earth. Then finally in the year 2048, only people who were chosen by the artificial intelligence under the control of the central government went on board the interstellar immigrant ship Aratrum and left for the “Cetus: Planet Tau e” which was 11.9 light years away from the earth. But the environmental condition difference between the earth and Tau e, which took 20 years to reach, was far exceeded the predicted value, and there was no way to survive for the human race.

>A young man named Haruo is on board of the immigrant ship. His parents were killed by Godzilla right front of him when he was 4, since then, he has been thinking about only going back to the earth and killing Godzilla for 20 years. Since there is no hope for immigration to other planets, the “Return to the Earth” group including Haruo becomes the mainstream in the ship as its living condition is getting worse, then they decide to try the long distance hyperspace navigation.

>However, 20,000 years have already passed when they finally arrive the earth, and it becomes a totally unknown world dominated by an ecosystem topped by Godzilla. Can the human race take the earth back, and the fate of Haruo will be…?

screenrant.com/godzilla-monster-planet-animated-plot-images/

What the fuck is this premise?

After Earth, basically

I wonder how much of the movie will be made up of interstellar travel instead of fighting kaiju?

The premise looks kind of fun but judging from the poster it looks like its gonna be animated with that horrible stiff looking 3d-cell-shaded style.

I think Ill pass.

I hope somebody adapts Dark Horse's The Half Century War.

Fuck yessss

>that retarded fucking summary with a generic MC backstory
>that generic "guy walking towards the camera" meme pic
>cluttered shit all over the place
Just show me Goji, I don't care about this filler.

Dat glorious ending when the old guy teams up with Godzilla...

crazy.
I love it

Hell, at least we finally have pics of something other than fucking jungle

I'm not crazy about the CG but the premise intrigues me. I like the idea of taking Godzilla away from the traditional cityscape so he can really let loose.

>A young man named Haruo is on board of the immigrant ship. His parents were killed by Godzilla right front of him when he was 4, since then, he has been thinking about only going back to the earth and killing Godzilla for 20 years
Jesus fuck what a generic backstory.
They literally didn't try at all.
I want to be hyped for a Godzilla animated movie but this looks completely forgetabble.

How would you fix this?

I would make it that the "Kaijus" that forced people away were mass produced Kaijus after capturing the others (Meaning everyone except Big G) but they went out of control. Godzilla lays dormant as the people leave Earth. They prepare from orbit a way to kill them off, one part of the plan is awakening the king of kaijus once more and find the places all the others are kept. Gives fan service by having the other kaiju, gives a lot more focus on big g, allows for new monsters and makes the MC not a generic mc of MUH PARENTS

>anime shit
Into the trash it goes.

>do a Godzilla animu
>don't put Godzilla on the poster

Seriously, how shit like Aijin even gets off the ground baffles me. I get literally frustrated at how choppy the movement is.

I hope they build up how deadly anti godzilla tech has become, mankind makes some of the craziest weapons in wartimes after all

then they show how godzilla utterly wrecks them , bodies splashing, blood gushing, oil splattering, utter devastation

Maybe they're saving his reveal for later and will release another poster at that time? But for now let's give the protagonist a chance.

Probably something like Reign of Fire or the new Planet of the Apes movies. Deal with how humanity has to adjust and fight back against Kaiju. Kind of like a post-apocalyptic Pacific Rim.

The humans are definitely going to get fucked since they got beat down for 50 years after the first kaiju show up, then evac everyone they can to another planet that doesn't pan out, waste 20 years away from and back to earth, and have to invade the Earth which has had 20,000 years of kaiju domination.

>anime

trashman.jpg

Why is no one speculating on what other Kaiju will be in the film?

and then you look at Hollywood's Godzilla and frown since it's literal fucking monster capeshit for babies.

I think this is worse than actuak cuck shit. who the fuck roots for some overgrown lizard over his own race and cheers for its extinction? this ios why I hate all the alien movies too, its basically cuck fantasies about other species wrecking them.