Were you born to bilingual parents but can only speak 1 language like me?

were you born to bilingual parents but can only speak 1 language like me?

Other urls found in this thread:

bostonglobe.com/ideas/2013/02/24/besides-pope-who-speaks-latin-today/CGxdGtQB4TlXV49HaKJzBN/story.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No.
Are monolinguals even human?

I was born to mono retards but I'm quadri. Fucking apply yourself.

yes considering you have all adopted the language of the master race

I was born to monolingual parents, my father hardly talking at all.
I speak English and high German fluently, my local language/dialect, some Spanish.

How can you live with yourself knowing only one language? No wonder Aussis are racist bydlo if you have no access to other cultures. Do you really want to be a more drunken America?

I speak 3 languages(2 fluently, 1 okish) and honestly living in an Anglo country there's literally no reason to learn a foreign language unless you are really interested in it. I think its fun to shit on monolinguals but I can't really find any reasons why anyone should learn a foreign language unless its necessary.

Spanish, I presume

uhhh
both my parents speak English and I'm fluent in English and Spanish

>Are monolinguals even human?
In the same way that a mule makes an admirable steed

Maybe if you live in California and want to do business with a lot of Mexican people, it can come in handy.
That's pretty good. Good for you.

Yeah me too, my father is from Somalia and even though he speaks it quite often when talking with his friends I never really learned it

>my father is from Somalia

no, fluent in 3 languages, basic belgian knowledge

Yes but my mum is trilingual.

>my father is from Somalia

I'm trilingual (spanish, catalan, english) my parents are bilingual.

>singaporean
>speaks only english
kek'd

Yes. Russian speaking parents, only speak English. I was born in Miami tho so I have dial US / Canada citizenship which is nice

Swedish dad.
Norwegian mother.
Spent about 8 years in Ireland growing up.
Speak fluent Swedish, Norwegian and English.
Some German and some Sápmi.
Wanna learn Finnish and Russian.

>Speak fluent Swedish, Norwegian
How mutually intelligible are they?
The accents in English sound similar. PewDiePie and Varg sound the same to me

Only english. I live in the midwest

Depends on the dialect. There is different kinds of Norwegian and different kind of Swedish but in most cases they are pretty similar.
Danish is the odd one out. No one understand Danish..

Not him but here is the good old explanation.

Swedish is the base.
Norwegian is Swedish while drunk.
Danish is Norwegian & Swedish while drunk and with a potato showed down your throat.

Both my parents are from Anglo countries so naturally I can only speak English. Kinda jealous of all the foreigners who can speak 2 or even 3 though.

uɐilɐɹʇsn∀ ʞɐǝds uɐɔ I

I can speak bogan and english.

my mum spoke Irish (as her first language actually) and my dad spoke Latin

wasn't any reason or opportunity for me to learn either

Are both your parents from the 1100's?

Dad's from an anglo family that never became Anglican, so they were big on Catholic traditions and shit like that
Mum's from the Irish speaking region of Ireland with some name I can't write

the current estimate of latin speakers in the world is about 300

that doesn't make sense since it's still a subject at a lot of universities and most priests have some level of fluency in it

I've forgotten all my Chinese since second language education stopped when I reached grade 11

it's a subject at unis because it's the base of a lot of other languages so if you learn it then you will find it easy to learn all the romance languages

bostonglobe.com/ideas/2013/02/24/besides-pope-who-speaks-latin-today/CGxdGtQB4TlXV49HaKJzBN/story.html

>Spent about 8 years in Ireland growing up.
>still doesnt speak irish
wew

If you speak english its like what language is worth it enough to be fucked learning it
any euro language, every cunt speaks english especially if you go as a tourist
Spanish, fuck going to latin america
Arabic, lol
Mandarin, they all try to learn english and tones and millions of letters and shit fuck that. Probably the most useful if you do specific thing with exports
Japanese, I'm not a weeb

Bilingual parents, but I ended up quintilingual because I'm not a brainlet.

Monolingual parents but I'm bilingual. I strongly believe that all Canadians should speak English and French.

It's ok mate I'm in the same boat
>Dad speaks Somali, Arabic, Italian and English
>Mom speaks Italian, French, dialect and English
>I only speak English