twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Not enough Orthodox clay.

> no asia minor
> no levant
> no poland, czechy or slovakia
> no finland
> no rome

2 of 10

Does every Orthodox country seriously have its own patriarch?
If their was some German Orthodox church I would consider converting but I don't want to be a member of some church that only will only focus on the interests of Russia, Ukraine or something else.

*there

This, unlike fantasies that spread around here, is conceivable in near future. Light yellow is obviously just Orthodox presence, not to be included.

nice edgy map heres mine

Not every country.
Russian Church covers Belarus and Ukraine in addition to Russia.
Serbian Church covers Montenegro, Bosnia and Macedonia, though there are meme NGO's that pretend to be churches (''Montenegrin'' Church and ''Macedonian'' Church), but they have no legitimacy.
Romania, Bulgaria and Greece have autonomous churches.
There's also Ecumenical Patriarch in Istanbul.
About national interest, all these churches are in communion, so that's irrelevant.

Why is my map edgy? Is Czech Republic included?
Why are you offended? This is none of your business really.

When you think about it, every Christian sect is suited towards a particular culture group.

Orthodox for Slav and Hellenic
Catholic for Latin
Protestantism for Germanic

Poland and Ireland are exceptions. Hungarians aren't white.

The Orthodox Church leaders betrayed Byzantium by cutting deals with the Ottomans to help them take over Constantinople because the King was thinking about getting help with Rome, and let them stay in the city... The leaders of the religion almost had the whole of East Europe taking over by Muslims. You are lucky the Catholics managed to hold their on in the Battle of Vienna...

>Does every Orthodox country seriously have its own patriarch?
No.
>If their was some German Orthodox church I would consider converting but I don't want to be a member of some church that only will only focus on the interests of Russia, Ukraine or something else.
There are two opposing trends in the west of orthodox churches that welcome locals and insist orthodoxy is for everyone, and another that treats individual local churches as ethnic social clubs for immigrants of whatever country of origin. You'll have to investigate for yourself to determine the situation local to you.

but i thought we were posting fantasy bullshit maps ITT

There is also unrecognized Kievan patriarchate in Ukraine.

>Russian Church covers Belarus and Ukraine in addition to Russia.
Wait, I heard something in the Russian news that Ukrainian and Russian priests were beating each other over some political discussion.
If they really would be in one church then the Ukrainian priests would have been fired.

>About national interest, all these churches are in communion, so that's irrelevant.
I don't really believe this. They all seem to have some national politics (which isn't bad, but sadly there is no German Orthodox Church).

>Romania, Bulgaria and Greece have autonomous churches.
no
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autocephaly

>No Constantinople

>Saudi-Arabia where Christians get killed for praying openly has its own patriarchate...
>but Western Europe doesn't

>Ukraine
>Belarus
>Orthodox

Ukraine and Belarus are Uniate in denial

Russians ever since Maidan emerged, started to bark on Greek-Catholic Church in Ukraine. Hopefully Ukraine will extend the influence of its church and Moscow will finally become catholic, just like Poland intended

Why is this so fantasy-tier?
Orthodox Christians should stick together. Maybe some meme empire is a bad option but there are other ways to cooperate.
Yes but it's same thing as "Montenegrin" Church, NGO made for nationalist reasons.
Well, some, but there's no real conflict between churches, as far as I know.
Pa zar nisu bugarska i rumunska crkva autokefalne?

No, churches are ethnic based

So almost every ethnicity has it's own

Well it's not like the Patriarch of Mecca or something, rather western Saudi Arabia is within the territory of the Patriarch of Jerusalem and eastern Saudi Arabia is within the territory of the Patriarch of Antioch.

Those in West Ukraine are, but most of Ukraine is Orthodox.
Maybe Ukraine should be split.
>Moscow will finally become catholic
Only if all Russians perish.

How did they do this when all other religions are forbidden for over a thousand years in there? Why didn't they do this in Western Europe?
How does a new Patriarchate even start to exist? Do all others have to agree on it?

Before 1772 95% of people in Ukraine were uniates. It's only Moscow that suppressed this church and reintroduced Orthodoxy. But now that Ukrainians decided to separate from Russia its influence will hopefully grow once again. And if Russia descends into chaos, then ordinary Russians will seek for alternatives, won't they? Now only 4% of Russians go to church and the Orthodox church has no real authority. If Ukraine could become Uniate why not Moscow?

All others have to recognize it, yes.
>forbidden
Not really. For most of time, Patriarchs existed and had authority over Christians. For example Ecumenical Patriarchate in Constantinople existed during entire Ottoman era.

it is recognised.

>How did they do this when all other religions are forbidden for over a thousand years in there?
The Christians were there first. At this point it's more about migrant workers and tourists, but the territory is still defined.
>Why didn't they do this in Western Europe?
You'll have to study the last thousand years of European history, to sum it up that was Catholic land. Today you can find orthodox churches in the west, but often rather disorganized.
>How does a new Patriarchate even start to exist? Do all others have to agree on it?
To my recollection there are several occasions of church starting its own patriarchate before the other churches recognized it, but yes in general to be considered a patriarchate it takes the recognition of the others.

The orthodox churches in Germany are there pretty much only for the immigrants.Nobody really made the endeavor to translate everything in German and convert people.A shame I guess.It's a problem of modern immigration:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phyletism

At first you become a church supervised by some non-German patriarch, like the autonomous church of Japan
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_Orthodox_Church

But with enough people, with enough pressure, the church would canonize a German Orthodox patriarchate or rather a patriarchate based in Germany that would rule over Germany and maybe Austria and Holland too.
The Slovak church would be an example of a recent patriarchate
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Czech_and_Slovak_Orthodox_Church#Survival_and_revival

look at that cross. it's a death cult just like islam. only decent religions in the world are roman catholicism and protestantism.

lel

Yes, because Poles forced them into it. And not in whole Ukraine, but rather Western part that was ruled by Polish.
Uniatism only occured when Catholics forced it, it was never a willing choice.
>ordinary Russians will seek alternatives
Why?
Orthodoxy survived communism, and many other calamities.
>why not Moscow
Because Russian identity is inseparable from Orthodoxy.

Protestantism isn't a religion nor is it Christianity, it is a cult.

It isn't. Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church is recognized by Rome. Ukrainian Orthodox Church of Kyivan patriarchate isn't recognized by any of the other Orthodox patriarchates.

You're wrong. Most of them are Orthodox, but there are Uniate too. Same in Lithuania

Catholics are Christians, protestants aren't Catholics and thus not Christian.

Orthodox have apostolic authority and thus are Christian.

That's just your (uneducated) opinion.

>Opinions?

Just as cucked as any other (((Christian))) denomination.

Orthodox is just a meme, don't fall for it like Matthew Heimbach.

they dont extend the same sentiments to you

>Nobody really made the endeavor to translate everything in German and convert people.A shame I guess.
It really is. Muslims and Jehova's witnesses are distributing their religious books on the streets but you never really hear anything of the Orthodox.

I am also kind of surprised of the many well informed Sup Forums guys here.

My opinion doesn't matter only truth, their opinion doesn't matter only truth.

So let's see
>Russia
Big but 3rd world shithole, so much a paper tiger in denial
>Belarus
White, also poor and authoritarian
>Ukraine
No comment
>Balkan
Turko-Slavic subhuman, genocide every twenty years
>Greece
Glorious past but destroyed by muslims, now some broke shithole like the rest of the Mediterranean

No thank you, I stick with superior Protestantism

I'm OK with this as long as you RESPECT THE FUCKING BORDERS.

Again, how does this concern you?
You are free to stick with whatever you want, I adressed this thread to Orthodox nationa.

>Russia
Big but 3rd world shithole, so much a paper tiger in denial
With religious unity and the destruction of the Jews divide and conquer, Russia can rebirth not through the top down but from each and every people.

>With religious unity
>Russia
lots of Jews and over 10% Islam is anything but religious unity

>I adressed this thread to Orthodox nationa.
No, you posted a map and said "Opinions?"

It could be 99% Islam, so long as the Orthodox peoples unite, anything is possible.

Orthodoxy hasn't survived communism. Kiril is a KGB agent and only 4% of Russians go to church

Uniate Church wasn't forced. It was accepted by most priests in Ukraine. And now the Ukrainians may return to the Greek Catholic Church, also because it has heavily supported Maidan

And as I said. Who knows? If Russians will seek alternative to their miserable life, why not catholicism?

>He falls for the Russian stronk meme
I can smell summer

Is there any rang between the patriarchates? Does the vote of Alexandria's patriarchate have the same value as the vote of Moscow's patriarchate? Or is Russian Orthodox Church forcing them all to do the same as Russia?

I already explained you why.
>it has heavily supported Maidan
And look how Ukraine is blossoming right now. Ukraine is a puppet state, ruled by oligarchs who serve Western interest, not Ukrainians.
>it was accepted
Because Poles forced it. I suggest you take a look at history, though it might ruin your idealistic vision.
Well now I clarified things.

>And look how Ukraine is blossoming right now. Ukraine is a puppet state, ruled by oligarchs who serve Western interest, not Ukrainians.
This only comes from the destruction of the peoples unity with one form of interest to follow.

Uniate parts of Eastern Slavdom are even worse off than Russia. Western Ukraine has water shortages and a huge problem with elevators not working in commieblocks, literally Africa. If anything Russians would switch to full blown Jan Kamien II Catholicism or some kind of sectarian Protestantism but it's not like anybody cares about religion here.

>Is there any rang between the patriarchates?
In ancient times the five oldest Patriarchates were set aside as the "Pentarchy" ruling the whole church and Rome having a certain primacy, which orthodox believe was just a matter of honros and catholics believe was effective leadership. After the schism without rome Constantinople took that first ranking. Russia's claim to leadership over the orthodox world is that it's the largest church, but it's so defensive of the Ukraine because without them that's no longer true.
As a general matter the churches don't outrank or push eachother to do anything, ideally they make decisions together by consensus. In practice they argue constantly.

>Does the vote of Alexandria's patriarchate have the same value as the vote of Moscow's patriarchate?
Vote in what? In ecumenical councils, yes. There was supposed to be one this year, but there are some issues. It will be first ecumenical council in 1000 years.

Oh I see. Should have told me earlier that you're just le based putin defender

So what if Orthodoxy is linked to russian identity? Russians are only serfs, "raby ". Most of them don't give a fuck about their identity, they only fear their government, that's all

As I said. If Russia experiences some kind of a crisis, I see no obstacles to try to extend the union of Brest

Irrelevant. Only USA, China, India and Nigeria are relevant in 2020's.

ETHNIC
LARP
SOCIAL
CLUB

The only latin people that refuse to be catholic are romanians.

>USA, China, India and Nigeria are relevant
Those are the most irrelevant.
The most relevant are those with traditions and purpose.

That's because Catholicism has nothing to do with Christianity

>le based putin defender
What does that even mean?
>Russians are only serfs
>I see no obstacles to try to extend the union of Brest
Not with that positive attitude.

Catholic is for the people under the Catholic Church's authority for we baptized them.

UK is under the Catholic Church, Scandinavia is under the Catholic Church, Germany is under the Catholic Church.
All of them are Catholic's.

>Vote in what?
In religious questions. Like how they have to interpret something from the Bible or anything. I would prefer independance between the patriarchates, but this could also lead that some Western Europe patriarchate will impose bullshit like gay marriage. Can the Russian patriarchate dictate the other how to interpretate or do something?

Your argument doesn't have a point.

You don't have an argument fake Christian.

Through the peoples that settled in the United States, the USA is under the Catholic Church.

>Can the Russian patriarchate dictate the other how to interpretate or do something?
No.
But in core matters churches are in communion.

Can anyone explain what the two extra bars on the orthodox cross represent? The one on the top looks like it could represent that INRI shit you see on illustrations of Jesus' crucifiction, but I have no idea what the slanted one on the bottom is.

Thoughts?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orthodox_cross

Lower bar was the foot-rest.
Upper bar is plate with INRI, yes.

Protestants in a nutshell, simply misled people.

The educated man becomes a Catholic, you can not deny our traditions backed by 2,000 years of continuity.

>2,000 years of continuity
No such thing

The patriarch is the highest rank.In theory they are all equal and function pretty much as separate entities.There is not much voting, it's not like a congress.In the case of a German Patriarchate and you being within his jurisdiction, the other Patriarchs are irrelevant in your case, the Russian Patriarch got nothing to do with your realm.You'd only have to seek his approval, his blessing, like if you want to become a priest.

The job of a Patriarch is to supervise a specific region, like a bishop or a priest.the Serbian Patriarch got no authority over the land's of the Moscow patriarch and vice versa.Unless he does some major heresies, in which case the orther patriarch's would assemble and issue an anathema, but that is a completely different case.

Most of it is already set, there is one dogma.Although some groups do deviate from minor things:Serbian Church uses the Julian calendar whereas the Greeks use the Gregorian.We have this shit and other's don't:en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slava

what, union of krewo was about marriage of Jagiełło and Jadwiga.
you probably think about union of Brest, in which Church of Rus break relations with the Eastern Orthodox Church and to enter under the authority of the Pope of Rome.

>balkan shits still think being russia's bitch is a good thing

some of you are okay, the rest should stick to fucking sheeps (some bosniak told me you don't have goats to fuck)

>In ecumenical councils, yes. There was supposed to be one this year
Oh fuck me, I hope that doesn't happen
And technically it can't happen, since there's no Ceasar, or at least a regent of the Roman Empire

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_popes
Which one do you disagree that wasn't a pope?

If Nordics were Protestants wouldn't Scandinavia be Eastern Orthodox too?

You missed Latgalia, the Shiptar Romishers, and various Uniate traitors from Grodno down to Gethsemane.

Everyone before Leo IX was a patriarch

what do you mean

Is this a union of small penis states?

If so, you should have an army based on slavic traps who suck Turkish dick.

Thanks.

Solovyov and Byerdaev (? ) both kinda liked Poland. The former wanted to unite catholics and Orthodox. Now that christianity in Russia is dead, just like in the West and Kiril is an opportunistic puppet, maybe there will appear a chance to subjugate Moscow to Rome. Didn't work out in 1610, maybe it will now

>muh dik

never

Wait what the fuck, this is all very confusing. Isn't the patriarch we have here like the Orthodox pope or something?

No it won't
Stop spouting bullshit
It's more likely that the world will succumb to Marxism than to Rome
Even Rome is cucked, you really think it will stay the same way as it always did?

no hes your queen of england :^)

>pope
Pope is merely a unofficial title
The Orthodox Patriarch of Constantinople is the highest religious authority in the areas he oversees, but unlike the Pope, he's not infallible and he's not the supreme leader of the Orthodox Church

Rome is cucked but the polish church still is strong and it may influence Rome. And as I said, if Rome is cucked then Russian Patriarchate is the essence of degeneracy

i like this very much

>Why didn't they do this in Western Europe

The Patriarchate of Rome considers itself its own sect

>catholic
>existing after 2030

Ok.

But isn't he like the grand Orthodox main guy? Doesn't he "oversee" the whole Orthodox world.

What do you know about him, by the way? We never hear about him here. Is he cucked like the Pope or not?