youtube.com/watch?v=J7WdTyxVS_E
s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/c2/84/7d/c2847d0dca7ec9486b0985f884313b65.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Very realistic make up

youtube.com/watch?v=n5Thbh0_69g

Other than Scarjo being horribly miscast, this actually looks pretty good:
youtube.com/watch?v=J7WdTyxVS_E

Is this rated R or not.

At this point this determines if I see this movie or not.

was already rated PG-13

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE WHY NOT R??

Do they seriously expect to get a wide audience of parents taking their young kids who know nothing about this movie to the cinemas and get over 1 billion for box office? Not likely so just make it R for the fans

the fuck is THAT?

what matters is whether or not the movie is good, who gives a fuck if it doesn't have enough sex scenes or violence to be rated R
that's not what makes or breaks a film

Is this a joke or not? I won't see this movie if rated pg13 since it is impossible to make a pg13 gits.

Impossible.

stop shilling this please

it's gonna flop regardless of your effort

inform your boss that shilling on Sup Forums is a wasted effort, and to focus efforts on reddit and 9gag

thanks

DAMN MOTOKO KUSANAGI LOOKS LIKE *THAT*

Scarlett looks cute to be honest.

no. she looks and sounds terribly miscast. this is going to be lucy 2.0 and i want to die now

>stop shilling this please
I want people to see it so we can get more anime adaptions like the girl who leapt thru time

>dat skin suit reveal

wow. sound track is like fucking tron and they somehow managed to ruin the first fucking scene in the anime and manga.

cgi looks gay too WHY DID THIS HAPPEN TO ME?

Will this movie have 90's visuals when they are looking at computers like the original?

forget it its over look at the clip here

>look at the clip here
hate the slow mo and I hope this is the only slow mo in the movie with action scenes.

But I don't it :(

doubt*

Based Kitano never disappoints so pretty hyped for that

In the original anime movie, memory rewriting was depicted as a particular incident. In contrast Motoko's self doubt is philosophical existentialism. It's universal. Everyone should doubt his or himself.

Hollywood changed Motoko's philosophy. It became her memory is really rewritten. The original anime movie's philosophy could make everyone begin to think. But Hollywood changed the philosophy into a pacifier conclusion of "I won't have any problem as long as I didn't use technology". The original existential aspect of the original anime is erased. The movie become an anti-technology action popcorn movie.
Hollywood also made Vice which is a movie with similar problem. Like Ghost in the Shell, Vice is about the issue of using cybernetic body but it also gave the same low level conclusion of "no problem as long as I don't use technology"

The Hollywood movies are influenced by Christianity, and have repulsion against robots and AI. They always preach people that "no problem as long as I don't use technology". Only Japanese culture can let people think about the deeper philosophy.

I'm not going to watch this. Hope it bombs.

lel, the guy is a terrible actor

He is going to be awesome in this

Pilou was pretty dope in Krigen.

I don't think he can save Pg13 scarjo gits though

Yea, this will prolly have some kino scenes, but you should wait for it on blu-ray/netflix/torrent because it's not something that'll be an enjoyable time at the movies, or art kino theater. It'll try to be a mixture of both and should be watched on a couch.

>implying there wont be an unrated explicit version

that's pretty deep denial you're in bro. there may not be. in fact, I wouldn't count on it.

We all know Ghost in the Shell will be a failure, but how big a failure?

Will it bomb harder than Ghostbusters?

ghost in the shell deals with Western concept that are at least 300 years old

>GET HER OUT NOW
dude cant act

>the net is spooky ooh

not vast an limitless.

fuck

this is another thing that really worries me. there's neotokyo doesn't look right at all. like they just filmed some crap second camera footage and then through in lots of cgi "holograms" and shit to make it not look like hong kong or where ever this was filmed, when in fact they needed to create an entire believable city

Yeah this. I dont like the city in the trailers. Loved the city in the anime. Has that "basic tall buildings" setting but it just works so well.

Movie version has weird giant holograms with too much different sorts of color.

this looks so fucking bad

>Typical Japanese woman in typical Japanese clothing
uhhhh

Yet Hollywood movies today can't deal with them

Never watched the anime, what's the significance of that suit?

It's really jarring and I don't like it

thermoptic camouflage

>release a blooper video before the movie even release
>release a bunch of videos/ clips
>post on Sup Forums
Jeez they really want to milk as much audience as possible

Why? The movie already exists why do you want it to be made again?

>4.30
>retroprojection is back
fuck yes

You do realize Ghost in the Shell mostly takes place in Neo-Hong-Kong a part of Japan as part of the map changes from WWIV.

Doesn't any one read the expanded not section in the original Manga?

Holy fuck is this real

How can anyone defend this

in Arise her memory was really rewritten too

it seems that they are heavily basing the characters on the Arise version combined with Stand Alone Complex elements with a hand full of original anime movie scenes thrown in for the plebs that only saw the first film.

Most people are completely unaware of that. I have friends who had watched all of sac and both oshii movies who didnt know that and didnt know that sac is a seperate timeline/universe/what-have-you

she looks like a man because of the skin suit

they should have cast someone who isn't a fat cow already

and whos the ugly fuck they cast as batou?
was ron perlman too busy?

her nose always reminds me of a cow for some reason

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/c2/84/7d/c2847d0dca7ec9486b0985f884313b65.jpg

>s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/c2/84/7d/c2847d0dca7ec9486b0985f884313b65.jpg

>not knowing how to hotlink images

FFS

Looking good

>be Sup Forums
>waiting for the first trailers of gits
>first trailers come out
>looks pretty good
>Sup Forums finds tiny flaws to bitch about
>more trailers come out
>start bitching more about how shit it will be
>will be on the release day to desperately see it
>will enjoy it a lot
>will come to Sup Forums to bitch how shit it was, just to appear he's very knowledgeable about movies and feeling superior
bunch of hypocrites