Finland is eastern european

Finland lies much to the east. Also, You can't be counted as a western european country if most of your country has cold winters

European divisions are getting more peculiar every day.

Finland is West Mongolian

ftfy

Eastern Europe refers to the iron curtains

West mongolia, best mongolia.

What's the point of this thread?

Estonia is Western Europe.

This. Noone has ever said that we are western.

WE ARE NOT EASTERN EUROPEAN REEEEEEEEEE

We are Western European+Outer Mongolian, thus superior over inferior Slavoids.

Point is that Sweden is butthurt that they got bitchslapped by Russia and lost you to them

The only eastern european thing in Finland is the timezone!

Finnish DNA

80% Swedish
5% German
5% Danish
5% Dutch
5% Mongolian

ITT: Swedeanon is butthurt cuz everyone loves Winland

This

We never said we are West-European?

And we are not "East-European" (maybe a little similar to them) you have probably never been here

We are North-European

Finns are Slavs in denial

More like North-Slavs are Finnics in denial

No

by that logic so is russia
youre eastern europe comrade tovarish
DA

Okay, so how did Finns come to exist then? We know for a fact Slavs originated in the Belarus-Ukraine area,and expanded out in a few centuries. We Huns have been documented by Byzantine chronicles and such to have arrived in Europe around 800-900, and formed a state in 1000.

What about Finns? How did you get there, and when?

True.
Finland isn't Nordic either.

Corded Ware culture settled Finland and Estonia long before Uralic arrival.

Nomadic Uralic people who already had borrowed some words from Indo-Aryans encountered and assimilated them.

Finn can be divided basically in two or three different groups

At least Western (wich is similar to other Nordics and Dutch I guess) and Eastern (similar to some Russians, I think East Moscow)

Finland has been populated by many people for thousands of years. But some "Proto Germanics" came here at some point and became the West Finns, (also Swedes migrated here).

The East Finns ancestors came somhere from Volga or South of Urals (some have said Ukraine, dunno) and migrated to Baltics/Northwest Russia during Iron Age they came to Finland)

Their language became dominant (I guess their genetics too, they mixed with the Westerners I think)

That's basically how

We also have some Siberian and Saami blood

>Nomadic Uralic people who already had borrowed some words from Indo-Aryans encountered and assimilated them.
hehe, cucking indo-europeans, nice

But when did this happen? And doesn't that mean you are kinda Slavs genetically? Russians could easier pass for Finnish for example.

Not If wewon't talk about Russia as Europe

Not all Russians

Russia was populated before Slavs, that's why

Some of them were and still are very Uralic

They still have Slavic identity

that was very imformative
thanks pekka

I think Finns have the most similarity to Latvians among Balto-Slavs. Properly Slavic people look quite alien to our eyes.

You seem to be knowledgeable. What do you know of the Saami and Estonia? Also Karelia.

Finns aren't Slavs

But neither are all Russians

Some Russians are Uralic like us, so being similar to Russians doesn't make us Slavic

Estonia is Finnic like us, but they have mixed with many other people, including Slavs

Karelians are somewhat similar to East Finns

Origin of Saamis isn't fully known

But they probably had common ancestors with Finns behind thousands of years.

They are more Asiatic and migrated to Finland earlier, they are only remotely related to Balto-Finnics, like Finns Karelians and Estonians

>Russians could easier pass for Finnish for example.

Only piece of Northern Russians 2bh. Another piece more like Swedes/Norwegians

They are only like 1/50 as Slavic as Eastern Germans. Basically nothing.