Let's discuss blue velvet

Let's discuss blue velvet

So is dennis hopper meant to be a representation of the darkly sexual and violent side of Jeffrey? There is also that scene in the beginning where Jeffrey's dad has trouble talking when Jeffrey visits him, and he has to breath oxygen through a tube, there is a focus on it. Like how dennis hopper huffs it. What did lynch mean by this?

Does everything have to mean something?

It's shit.

All of these.

No. But there is at least some kind of feeling or thought put behind every artistic decision in any medium. It doesn't have to be something that is "solid". Something that there is one explanation for. But it is still fun to talk about things like this and what we see in them

Could be - one of the deleted scenes shows a darker side to Jeffrey where he’s spying on a date rape in his high school, and then later on in the theatrical cut you’ve got Frank directly saying to Jeffrey “You’re like me.”

I honestly think Lynch could make a 10/10 movie. His only problem is he goes insane after 90 minutes and throws all logic away.

What's the point getting invested in a 2 hour story and then the punchline is literally a fuck you to the audiences mind.

I'm gonna watch Mulholland Drive again later to get some fresh eyes on his works. Expect an angry rant thread in about 4 hours from now...

He just wanted it to be fucked up

You are reading way too much into this film.

its about mkultra.

Young Jeffrey represents the young Lynch. Lynch saw many fucked up this including drug abuse and sex slave industry.

Frank represents the man he could end up becoming if he does not head down that evil path.

MD is my favorite Lynch film.

Hell for a few years my PS2 was basically a Resident Evil and Mulholland Drive device.

>MD is my favorite Lynch film.
Pleb detected.

Blue velvet is Kino and made my willy hard

BABY WANTS TO FUCK

no, i have barely scratched the surface

I'd say no. I always thought the point of a noir is having the characters question their morals etc.

It is pretty obvious throughout the film that Jeffrey becomes more like Frank - especially when he gives in and beats Dorothy, and later thinks about how he's changing.

Frank is not symbolic of what Jeffrey actually is, it's just Jeffrey can act in similar horrendous ways.

I'm not sure how to describe it, I just mean I think it's a bit too obvious to be symbolism - it's pretty much spelt out for you.

HEINEKEN

How did he go insane with Blue Velvet? It had a pretty grounded ending, everything that happened had build-up for it throught the story.

IS FOR PUSSIES

>How did he go insane with Blue Velvet?

Yeah not so much with Blue Velvet desu. It was one of his more logical endings to a film. Mulholland, Lost Highway, Inland Empire had the insane endings.

Hope you mean the games not the shitty RE movies

FUCK THAT SHIT!

PABST BLUE RIBBON!!